Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » All Things Palladium Books®

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:04 pm

D-Bee

The Rifts that were introduced in Unity and then fleshed out in Syndicate have huge potential, I think. I would love to see an AC in which they are actually the main focus. It would be a large, sprawling and ambitious task, but I think it could be just what the series needs after the Origins trilogy. I think it would work well with three Rifts centred around a Modern Day hub. Three different time periods, three different protagonists - similar to Grand Theft Auto V - all held together by an MD hub ( and if I'm being greedy, the MD hub world would be relatively big and important as well).

To make it even more interesting, these three stories can maybe seem unrelated at first, but then we start to see later on how they fit together. Maybe one of the Assassins in Rift 1 turns out to be the great grandmother of the Assassin in Rift 2, etc. Also, to spice things up even more, maybe one of the protagonists could be a Templar, and maybe you play their story while they are young, but then on a different Rift you end up having to fight that same character in a climactic battle. These are just a few ideas of mine, but there are so many potentially great story possibilities let alone setting and gameplay possibilities. Would you be interested in a multiple time period, multiple protagonist AC?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:03 am

Rifts® Trivia Master

What the heck is an AC?

* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:11 pm

Dungeon Crawler

glitterboy2098 wrote:
What the heck is an AC?

I think that they mean Assassins Creed . . .

My thought is that they are talking about using some of the ideas and concepts in Assassins Creed to run a game that hopped back and forth between timelines. At the same time though, are they referring to making a video game?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:13 pm

Dungeon Crawler

angela29 wrote:
The Rifts that were introduced in Unity and then fleshed out in Syndicate have huge potential, I think. I would love to see an AC in which they are actually the main focus. It would be a large, sprawling and ambitious task, but I think it could be just what the series needs after the Origins trilogy. I think it would work well with three Rifts centred around a Modern Day hub. Three different time periods, three different protagonists - similar to Grand Theft Auto V - all held together by an MD hub ( and if I'm being greedy, the MD hub world would be relatively big and important as well).

To make it even more interesting, these three stories can maybe seem unrelated at first, but then we start to see later on how they fit together. Maybe one of the Assassins in Rift 1 turns out to be the great grandmother of the Assassin in Rift 2, etc. Also, to spice things up even more, maybe one of the protagonists could be a Templar, and maybe you play their story while they are young, but then on a different Rift you end up having to fight that same character in a climactic battle. These are just a few ideas of mine, but there are so many potentially great story possibilities let alone setting and gameplay possibilities. Would you be interested in a multiple time period, multiple protagonist AC?

This is for sure an interesting idea, but are you sure that you're posting these ideas in the right forums?

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:31 pm

Priest

Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay
glitterboy2098 wrote:
What the heck is an AC?

It's an Air Conditioner.

Or an Armor Class.

Or it's an "Albert Clifford," as in "A.C. Slater, which is probably what the cryptic OP was referring to.

I too would love to see a Rifts A.C. Slater, with multiple cities and time periods!
Wouldn't we all?

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:19 am

Dungeon Crawler

What in the Wide World of Sports are you talking about. Never use a acronym with out first defining the acronym. Are you talking about an Alternate Continuity?