Is Techno-Wizardry a Palladium Trademark?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Re: Is Techno-Wizardry a Palladium Trademark?

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

Don't know if this is relevant to mention all these years later (I believe the book, which I own a copy of, dates from 2000-2002 or so), but Werewolf: the Apocalypse's 2nd Edition 'Book Of The Wyrm' has a Fomori/Pentex optional First Team weapon called a 'Vibro-Blade', which by its description sounds one heck of a lot like it was inspired by the Rifts' Vibro-Blades and charged weaponry: '...an edged weapon, infused with an electricity elemental spirit...'. While the description could be parallel evolution of a 'fetish weapon' (while the Rifts weapon type is entirely technological), that is, a weapon powered and created partly using spirit-magick, in regards to Rifts/Palladium's Vibro-Blades, the fact that the name of the W:tA weapon is pretty much identical to the Rifts bladed energy-assisted weapon as well is a bit telling.

-Boe.
Dunia
Adventurer

Re: Is Techno-Wizardry a Palladium Trademark?

Unread post by Dunia »

Mix between technology and magic either just in a philopsophical view (as in Babylon 5) or as Shadowrun or other games are quite common. As long as a game involving both the premise of wizardry/sorcery and high tech. I am fairly certain that this will occur.

I used Tecno-wizardry in my own RPG that I made, though I made mine more like Babylon 5 but with the ability to put magic and tech together. Instead of having them be like WW1 surfer dudes on ley lines with the ability to cast spells.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”