Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: Meh
https://youtu.be/j5qNyVu7i0w

Do you agree with my reasons?

DeadWinter Podcast - a Dead Reign Day 1 Actual Play Podcast

Unread postPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:32 am

Knight

Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!
I mostly agree with your video. I disagree about the production values and the rules. I find the system serviceable and fun but also clunky and at the very least they need be presentation and organization. As well when I buy rpgs I buy to use them as much as possible without houseruling. It is the owner of the rpg in this case Kevin to fix the rules issues not myself. Though I admit I am not a fan of houseruling. I don't blame other rpg companies for not doing open houses as it requires time, resources, money and more importantly a large enough place to host it.

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

thanks for checking it out and leaving a comment on the video. I gave you a reply and your comments, I agree house ruling isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:57 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Hey I watched the video and I gave you a like. I don't comment on YouTube, I agree with John Oliver when he called YouTube comments "the most cogent reason every for never learning how to read".

I like your reasons - Ownership, Complexity / flexibility are both good, I have mixed feeling about the Fan Community but that is true with EVERY fan community (I can't even go near a Star Wars board anymore).

I think the ones I agree with most is Lore / Story and the Megaverse. When Rifts came out they talked about D-Bees and invaders but they didn't have very many in the first few books, until the CB1 came out. It was easy I just used races from PFRPG, Robotech and BTS so great call on that one.

BTW the POH is most fun I have ever had at a convention. I believe there have been 7 POHs so far and I have been to 5 or 6 of them including the first and I have never been disappointed. I hope you get the chance to come to the 2021 POH.

Ultimate Insider - World Book 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - World Book 34: Northern Gun 2
Proud Showdown Level Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics

Unread postPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:32 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Warshield73 wrote:
Hey I watched the video and I gave you a like. I don't comment on YouTube, I agree with John Oliver when he called YouTube comments "the most cogent reason every for never learning how to read".

I like your reasons - Ownership, Complexity / flexibility are both good, I have mixed feeling about the Fan Community but that is true with EVERY fan community (I can't even go near a Star Wars board anymore).

I think the ones I agree with most is Lore / Story and the Megaverse. When Rifts came out they talked about D-Bees and invaders but they didn't have very many in the first few books, until the CB1 came out. It was easy I just used races from PFRPG, Robotech and BTS so great call on that one.

BTW the POH is most fun I have ever had at a convention. I believe there have been 7 POHs so far and I have been to 5 or 6 of them including the first and I have never been disappointed. I hope you get the chance to come to the 2021 POH.

Thank you for the like, and I appreciate the comments here. I would LOVE to go to a POH, 2021 gives me time to gather up funds (its why I've missed most conventions, except local ones) and convince my wife the "why I NEED to go" :)

Unread postPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:29 pm

D-Bee

I used to love RPGs, but it is too hard to find people who are willing to play the system.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:35 pm

D-Bee

How many modern RPG companies have the facilities to do an open house? I know a lot of companies have outsourced their warehousing to other companies. I know SJ Games did one this year. I love the open houses and I’m glad Palladium does them. For a company like Palladium that’s selling into what is a very niche market it’s a great way to contribute to their community.

My biggest problem with the books are that the rules are in desperate need for a revision and better organization. But, I love the art, I love the writing, I love how sturdy the books are, and I love how affordable they are.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:58 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

JeffreyWilliam wrote:
I used to love RPGs, but it is too hard to find people who are willing to play the system.

I feel you here. Its hard to find folks to play a game you want. I often find that this method works.. find a group, play what's popular or what the group wants as time goes by you offer to run something different, if you have a good group of players (and friends) they should be up for any challenge. Its how I got various groups in the past (including those playing D&D 5e) to play Marvel FASERIP, DC Heroes, Star Wars d6 and various Palladium games. Its worked flawlessly for me for years and years, from group to group. IF your group just balks at the thought of playing a game you offer, I wouldn't consider them a very good group.. I know that's harsh, but good games will try anything once. I have been in those groups where it was D&D or nothing. That gets dull and boring after a while and I quietly exited those groups never to return. I didn't complain or throw a fit, I asked they said no. I hung in there for as long I felt it was fun, and then dipped out. People play what they want, and so should you, if you don't fit in, you move on.

Last resort (and I strongly dislike it) play online. I did this for an entire year when I first moved from one state to another, I hated it, but I got my fix and I found folks who wanted to play games I enjoyed.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:59 pm

D-Bee

You would think with being paperback covers that the binding would fall apart ?