Rebuilding

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kaede_Ostraevian
D-Bee

Rebuilding

Unread post by Kaede_Ostraevian »

So I was a huge Rifts fan back in the early 2000's, and as far as I know I had purchased every single book up through Aftermath. Unfortunately a confusion in the shipping process when I returned stateside left me without the box that held that dear collection. Now I'm relatively settled and would love to get back into the Rifts and gaming scene in general. I intend to rebuild my collection but I'm somewhat confused to get and keep it within the timeline I remember. Is there a release chronology around? Also, if I were to plan a world-spanning campaign starting in NA and taking the party through the Coalition War and beyond, where do I start collecting?

Thanks for all the help,

Kaede.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Re: Rebuilding

Unread post by Warwolf »

That depends on where your interests lie. Personally, I took a geographical approach when building my collection. My group started up north, tussled with the Coalition, crash landed on an island in the gulf, jumped out to the New West, and then started globe-trotting. Depending on where they wanted to go and where I wanted to take them, I'd buy new sourcebooks accordingly. A nice core consists of the base book, Conversion Book 1, and Sourcebook 1 (with additional suggestions of the G.M.'s series and D-Bees of North America). For chronological considerations you might jump to Mercenaries and Juicer Uprising, then Coalition books like Lone Star, CS War Campaign, the Seige on Tolkeen series, all the way up to more current titles like Black Market, Northern Gun, and Megaverse in Flames. Just keep grabbing what catches your interest and before you know it you'll have entire bookshelves of material.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
oni no won
Explorer

Unread post by oni no won »

Kaede_Ostraevian wrote:So I was a huge Rifts fan back in the early 2000's, and as far as I know I had purchased every single book up through Aftermath. Unfortunately a confusion in the shipping process when I returned stateside left me without the box that held that dear collection. Now I'm relatively settled and would love to get back into the Rifts and gaming scene in general. I intend to rebuild my collection but I'm somewhat confused to get and keep it within the timeline I remember. Is there a release chronology around? Also, if I were to plan a world-spanning campaign starting in NA and taking the party through the Coalition War and beyond, where do I start collecting?

Thanks for all the help,

Kaede.

I would start with Rifts Ultimate, Rifts Conversion Book 1, and Rifts Sourcebook 1 revised.

World and Sourcebooks dealing with major events in North America (not in order):
Sourcebook 2~ dealt with ARCHIE inadvertingly releasing the Mechanoids on the American continent
Worldbook 10~ Juicer Uprising
Worldbook 28~ Invasion of vampires into North America
Rifts Coalition Wars 1-6
Megaverse in Flames~ war between demons and devils spilling over to the Rifts Earth

Other Worldbooks and Sourcebooks dealing with North America:
Worldbook 11~ dealing with the succession of Free Quebec as well as Tolkeen
Worldbook 12~ city of psychics
Worldbook 13-15~ deals with the West
Worldbook 22~ the succession of Free Quebec
Worldbook 26~ more info about the East but mainly Florida
Worldbook 29~ the spooky Manhatten and New York area in general
Worldbook 33&34~ Northern Gun
Sourebook Shemarrian Nation
The 3 Rifts Mercenary books
Rifts Black market

For World Spanning:
If want to take a break from NA, maybe take a trip to South America; go to Africa to fight the 4 Horsemen(one of the major events on Rifts Earth); Australia (another potential major event); England (yet another hidden but possibly more dangerous major adversary); and NGR where the Germans are fighting for their survival against the Gargoyle and Brodkil Empire. Forgot Rifts Undersea (another possible major adversary). There are 7 earth shaking events foretold by psychics around the world and the books listed indicate some of the threats that were foretold.
Kaede_Ostraevian
D-Bee

Unread post by Kaede_Ostraevian »

God, thank you so much for the help. I'm only partially familiar with the Megaverse in flames line as things took me away from the hobby when it was dropping. I've already begun ordering based largely on y'all's help!

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”