disappointed...

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

oni no won
Explorer

disappointed...

Unread post by oni no won »

I'm disappointed that the forums did not get an overhaul like the rest of the website
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Re: disappointed...

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

oni no won wrote:I'm disappointed that the forums did not get an overhaul like the rest of the website

Eh, not the end of the world honestly. The forums are still a clean design that is easy to navigate, unlike the old web site . . .

But hey, there is still hope. With them overhauling the main site, maybe a facelift for the forums is still in the wings :P
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

actually they've given it an entirely new webaddress, which suggests it got a new server as well. which ought to make it easier for them to upgrade the forum layout and interface later.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Starveined
D-Bee

Unread post by Starveined »

Maybe it will happen in the future!
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

oni no won wrote:I'm disappointed that the forums did not get an overhaul like the rest of the website

It's much easier here than on RPG.net. That's just one reason I refuse to even think of visiting that website anymore.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Don't fix what isn't broken as it pertains to these forums.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Yeah but it'd be nice if they could find a way to get people approved to Sound Off. Granted it'd be nice if there was a way they could let people know that part even existed too.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Daniel Stoker wrote:Yeah but it'd be nice if they could find a way to get people approved to Sound Off. Granted it'd be nice if there was a way they could let people know that part even existed too.

Daniel Stoker

Speaking of that, what even is sound off? I've seen it mentioned a couple times but a quick search yields no results . . .
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Daniel Stoker
Knight

It's a place for politics, current events, opinions, or just plain random stuff that doesn't fit into the gaming portion of the boards. They made it an 'approval only' board years back with a requirement for a minimum amount of posts and age, but now it seems there's no one to approve any new people to it.

Daniel Stoker
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Daniel Stoker wrote:It's a place for politics, current events, opinions, or just plain random stuff that doesn't fit into the gaming portion of the boards. They made it an 'approval only' board years back with a requirement for a minimum amount of posts and age, but now it seems there's no one to approve any new people to it.

Daniel Stoker

Ah yeah, that would for sure make sense. I can also understand the requirements for that one, I've seen a few forums go worse than south over that type of board. Kind of sucks that they can't approve new people for the boards though :lol:

oni no won
Explorer

Unread post by oni no won »

Daniel Stoker wrote:It's a place for politics, current events, opinions, or just plain random stuff that doesn't fit into the gaming portion of the boards. They made it an 'approval only' board years back with a requirement for a minimum amount of posts and age, but now it seems there's no one to approve any new people to it.

Daniel Stoker

I remember talks of politics being banned but never heard of a very restrictive section that allowed it.
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Yeah it's there, but no idea how to get anyone else access to it these days.

Daniel Stoker
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

As far as I know you just PM a mod or admin to request access.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Nope, you have to go into User Control Panel, then Usergroups, then in Usergroups there should be a group called, " Sound Off Participants" and there is a button to click there then you submit to join. The problem is apparently there is no one around to approve the submission these days.

Daniel Stoker
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Huh.....pretty sure when I found out about sound off I just PM'd and admin. Weird

\m/
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Well you're Jaymz! But yeah that's the path now it seems.

Daniel Stoker
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

If anything being me is not an advantage on these forums

\m/
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Well now sure, but that was back when we were young and... well a little dumber. :p

Daniel Stoker
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Speak for yourself there Danny boy lol

\m/

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”