New/Old Forums are different

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

New/Old Forums are different

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

As said in the title. Someone might want to check on this.

The "New" Forums were copied from the old it seems, but people posting on the old, aren't showing up on the new.
Until today I didn't know there 'were' new forums... but you've got people posting on one or the other and the posts are not appearing on the other one.

Might want to make an announcement and shut down the old one. Because now your customer base is split.

I know myself and many others have the forums bookmarked. They don't go to the 'main site' first and then to the forums. Which means that they're posting on "old forums" now.

With no announcement and unless you compare them side by side people won't notice this easily. This will lead to confusion and a number of your customers/forums users being on 'different' versions of the forums.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Prysus
Champion

Re: New/Old Forums are different

Unread post by Prysus »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:As said in the title. Someone might want to check on this.

The "New" Forums were copied from the old it seems, but people posting on the old, aren't showing up on the new.
Until today I didn't know there 'were' new forums... but you've got people posting on one or the other and the posts are not appearing on the other one.

Might want to make an announcement and shut down the old one. Because now your customer base is split.

I know myself and many others have the forums bookmarked. They don't go to the 'main site' first and then to the forums. Which means that they're posting on "old forums" now.

With no announcement and unless you compare them side by side people won't notice this easily. This will lead to confusion and a number of your customers/forums users being on 'different' versions of the forums.

Greetings and Salutations. I actually wanted to make a similar post, but the above covers things nicely. So ... I'll second the above. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Re: New/Old Forums are different

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Prysus wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:As said in the title. Someone might want to check on this.

Greetings and Salutations. I actually wanted to make a similar post, but the above covers things nicely. So ... I'll second the above. Farewell and safe journeys.

I noticed this problem this morning. I went to check if they fixed the link on the main page of the new site and discovered that the forums have apparently been split for some reason. I've been trying to check the old forums all day to let anyone know who's been posting over there that there is a new address . . . with how dead the board have been the last few days I think that most people have migrated over here already.

I agree though, some kind of blanket announcement or sticky on the old forums might be a smart idea to avoid future confusion before the problem is fixed.

Also on this same issue, there are apparently now two main pages for the site. One that remains as it used to be, and one that is all shinny and new. So thats interesting. :D
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”