Compendium of Contempory Weapons... Part 2?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Talon Starblade
Wanderer

Compendium of Contempory Weapons... Part 2?

Unread post by Talon Starblade »

I was starting to think about aspects of the weapons when it occurred to me: many of the books in the last few years especially, haven't had much detail in the way of "modern, real life" weapon descriptions. This got me looking at the old book (and suddenly feeling WAY too old), and rediscovered that my 4th Printing book (printed in 2001) wouldn't include any of the many new innovations in modern weapons tech that have occurred over the last 18 years, let alone previous years back to printing #1 (I don't know if any of the material was ever updated in the later printings).

So here's the question: Has anyone at Palladium been considering a Volume 2 book, covering the new weapons, ammo, armor (and some vehicles) that have been introduced and developed since CCW first came out? Now I'm actually talking a full second book, not a "revised and updated" version of the Compendium, I mean a true sequel book.
Let the world tremble, for my imagination LIVES!
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Re: Compendium of Contempory Weapons... Part 2?

Unread post by zerombr »

oooohhhh Jack_Burton..................someone's calling for you.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

YES! I've been in contact with Kevin about this, as recently as Friday. It's something he wants to do, but there are some challenges that need to be worked out first. Sorry for the non-update update.
Talon Starblade
Wanderer

Unread post by Talon Starblade »

It's nice to know that it has been discussed. And no apologies needed, as I can understand such difficulties. I might feel i had aright to complain if i could actually get past my own self inflicted prublems. Heck, i've had an idea for years that i've barely even looked at these last few years... and now Rifter is on hiatus, so if i did finish, i'm on printing trouble.

Stil, thanks for the info. And zerombr, thanks for the shout out to Jack.
Let the world tremble, for my imagination LIVES!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Jack Burton wrote:YES! I've been in contact with Kevin about this, as recently as Friday. It's something he wants to do, but there are some challenges that need to be worked out first. Sorry for the non-update update.

But now you've figured that out RIGHT? :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Talon Starblade wrote:It's nice to know that it has been discussed. And no apologies needed, as I can understand such difficulties. I might feel i had aright to complain if i could actually get past my own self inflicted prublems. Heck, i've had an idea for years that i've barely even looked at these last few years... and now Rifter is on hiatus, so if i did finish, i'm on printing trouble.

Stil, thanks for the info. And zerombr, thanks for the shout out to Jack.

AND (sorry Kevin) from what I've seen is well place highschool girl squeeee!!! as my general response to looking at it. (it IS inside my head Jack, but it IS there).
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Been slowly working on an unofficial one on and off for the past couple of years. If I could get my written notes typed up I'd post it up to my wiki.

Other things just take precedence.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”