Forensic Object Read?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Forensic Object Read?

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Just wondering if a psychic sensitive could enter a crime scene, and use Object Read to gain a potential image of the persons involved from things like blood and body parts?
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Forensic Object Read?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Braden Campbell wrote:Just wondering if a psychic sensitive could enter a crime scene, and use Object Read to gain a potential image of the persons involved from things like blood and body parts?

I have always said no to bodily remains but I don't think there is a definitive rule on that. I mean I allow them to Object Read a leather jacket but not the body of cow so I'm not sure if it is really all that consistent.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Warshield73 wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:Just wondering if a psychic sensitive could enter a crime scene, and use Object Read to gain a potential image of the persons involved from things like blood and body parts?

I have always said no to bodily remains but I don't think there is a definitive rule on that. I mean I allow them to Object Read a leather jacket but not the body of cow so I'm not sure if it is really all that consistent.

The existence of the Necromancer power "Object Read the Dead" indicates that dead bodies are not considered objects, and this indication makes sense because this power really reads possessions, not just random things. If you Object Read a random rock that nobody's ever touched before, you're not going to get anything.
But if you pick up somebody's jewel or touchstone?
Somebody owns that; it's a possession. Therefore you can sense stuff about the owner.

Once it's a leather jacket, it's no longer simply a body part; it's an Object that is made from body parts.
Same deal with a rabbit's foot. When it's still on the rabbit, it's not an object. When the rabbit is dead, and the foot is cut off, it's still not an object.
It only becomes an object when a person dries it out, dyes it, and starts keeping it with them for luck.
And that person is almost never the rabbit who originally owned it.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I would agree the necromancer version is probably necessary to get a read off the body/blood whatnot but object read could still be useful in a crime scene by touching clothing/items worn by the victim. Also if you think you found a murder weapon an object read on that should get you a pretty positive idea if it was or was not.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”