NGR Campaign Ideas

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sethmo_Dreemurr
D-Bee

NGR Campaign Ideas

Unread post by Sethmo_Dreemurr »

Hello everyone! I need a little help with campaign ideas. So, right now I'm working on a campaign involving the NGR Military. The only problem is, the NGR is so awesome that there's nothing other than Gargoyles or Brodkill that'd actually be a threat. While those two enemy types will be included, I'm in need to a secondary enemy type to determine what kind of campaign I write. Any ideas?
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: NGR Campaign Ideas

Unread post by Shark_Force »

does it have to be a combat situation?

being stuck relocating d-bees that have moved too close to where the NGR deems acceptable may not be too hard from a military standpoint, per se, at least, not if you have no morals whatsoever... but if you don't want to murder a bunch of innocent creatures that are just trying to get as far away from the gargoyles and brodkil as they can get without provoking the other superpower on the continent, well, that can get a lot more challenging. of course, it also forces them to deal with those icky moral questions that most of the NGR population get to avoid...

of course, it all depends on what sort of game you want to play.

failing that, the splugorth are selling the gargoyles weapons and equipment last i heard. if you're looking for a more straight-up combat threat, they could be tasked with intercepting a shipment of goods from atlantis. depending on how important you want them to feel, it could be anything from normal body armour (which i believe only gurgoyles wear) to TW weaponry to robot vehicles to a new type of sensor that would allow them to ID disguised cyborg and robotic spies.
Sethmo_Dreemurr
D-Bee

Unread post by Sethmo_Dreemurr »

Shark_Force wrote:does it have to be a combat situation?

being stuck relocating d-bees that have moved too close to where the NGR deems acceptable may not be too hard from a military standpoint, per se, at least, not if you have no morals whatsoever... but if you don't want to murder a bunch of innocent creatures that are just trying to get as far away from the gargoyles and brodkil as they can get without provoking the other superpower on the continent, well, that can get a lot more challenging. of course, it also forces them to deal with those icky moral questions that most of the NGR population get to avoid...

of course, it all depends on what sort of game you want to play.

failing that, the splugorth are selling the gargoyles weapons and equipment last i heard. if you're looking for a more straight-up combat threat, they could be tasked with intercepting a shipment of goods from atlantis. depending on how important you want them to feel, it could be anything from normal body armour (which i believe only gurgoyles wear) to TW weaponry to robot vehicles to a new type of sensor that would allow them to ID disguised cyborg and robotic spies.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a combat situation, but I like the ideas you presented! The campaign is also gonna include a plague of some kind, so that whole Atlantian Supply Raid might be good for more than just cutting off the gargoyles. If Palladium is still publishing Novels, I plan on turning this campaign into one (or two, depending on the length). This should make for an interesting plot!
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

glad i could help :)

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”