Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » All Things Palladium Books®

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:19 pm

D-Bee

This is idea for Alt History RPG were North America is occupied USSR and Warsaw Pact allies, this setting players are underground rebels out gunned and out manned current year 1976. North America was invaded due to the Korea War.

The Twists in History are this the Trinity Test in this setting was a failure due too Soviet spy sabotage, they got there hands on the real plans and replace it with dummy plans.

LW

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:16 pm

D-Bee

Um folks is this a good setting idea for Palladium RPG setting?,

LW

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:45 pm

Dungeon Crawler

It could work. What version of the system do you think you would use? That alone kind of determines whether the setting could work or not. I could see Ninjas & Superspies working, though that has a distinctly oriental flavor to it.

You could also possibly use Beyond the Supernatural, but with what you have listed you would probably need to strip away all of the psychic and paranormal aspects of the game.

Are you thinking a pure alternate history without any supernatural elements? Or are you thinking something a little more fantastical. Either way, I think that more details would be needed for me to really weigh in on the topic.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:43 am

Hero

See if you can find the Price of Freedom rpg by West End Games.

One of my old gaming buddies owned this many moons ago. We never played it but I think I remember making up characters for it.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:08 pm

D-Bee

Pure Alt History setting, with some twists in History to get this setting.

Now like in Dead Reign, and System Down there is a official group of rebel group the White Army led by the current heir of Imperial Russia Royal Family.

LW

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:42 pm

Dungeon Crawler

I personally dig this concept for a setting. It might even be interesting to have the Russians have stolen some of the alternate technology that the Nazis were working on in WWII. If I were to do something like this I think I would use Beyond the Supernatural to do it, with most characters being of the Normal Person O.C.C.. Then if you wanted to you could incorporate some of the more crazy elements that actually happened in real life (see Project MKUltra for the American side of things, the Russians were doing the same).

What would your main conflict be? Is this a situation in North America? If so, what is the history behind how the Heir to the Tsars ended up fleeing to America rather than one of their closer allies in Europe, such as England (where their grandmother was the reigning monarch if memory serves me correctly)?

On that note as well, you cite the Trinity Test as being a failure due to USSR interference. Is this going to be a major turning point between the US and Soviet relations? If so, how does this affect the outcome of WWII between the US and the Japanese? As it was planned, Russia was allied with the US and there was an invasion that would have been jointly committed by the two forces only a few months afterwords. Also, what was the reason for the Soviets to sabotage the Trinity tests. At this point the US and the USSR were fairly close allies in the war, and it wasn't until afterwords that things started falling apart between our relations (mainly due to Stalin's mistrust of Truman).

Are you thinking that maybe we both took down Japan together instead? Did the USSR drop the bombs instead of the US?

I have so many more questions for you, but I'll stop there for now :twisted:

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:35 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???
This would be a fun campaign.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:43 pm

Champion

WOLVERINES!

Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!