Gen Con 2017

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Gen Con 2017

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Is anyone going to Gen Con this year? I am and I can't wait! My fingers are crossed that PB may have something cool up its sleeve there.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Gen Con 2017

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I'll be there running two Heroes Unlimited Games, one Palladium Fantasy, and helping
out any way I can. I will also be around to hype Palladium Fantasy sourcebook
Lopan. It will be awesome :D Hopefully we will have three sourcebooks available for
fans and the public.
Last edited by Reagren Wright on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Reagren Wright wrote:I'll be there running two Heroes Unlimited Games, one Palladium Fantasy, and helping out any way I can. I will also be around to hype Palladium Fantasy
sourcebook Lopan. I will be awesome :D Hopefully we will have three sourcebooks available for fans and the public.

Which HU games are you running? A friend and I are playing 2 of them... or at least registered to play 2. Our airline was kind enough to change our flight time after we bought tickets, so that may prevent us from playing the Sunday morning game. We're signed up for Pandemonium in Purgatory's Panhandle and The Devil's Justice.

We also signed up for 2 BTS games.

When you mention three sourcebooks, what do you mean by that?
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I am going and bringing a friend so I hope to at very least say hi to the palladium folks when I am there.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Jack Burton wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:I'll be there running two Heroes Unlimited Games, one Palladium Fantasy, and helping out any way I can. I will also be around to hype Palladium Fantasy
sourcebook Lopan. I will be awesome :D Hopefully we will have three sourcebooks available for fans and the public.

Which HU games are you running? A friend and I are playing 2 of them... or at least registered to play 2. Our airline was kind enough to change our flight time after we bought tickets, so that may prevent us from playing the Sunday morning game. We're signed up for Pandemonium in Purgatory's Panhandle and The Devil's Justice.

Can't remember which games are for which days but One Hour of Inferno and the Good Doctor
K are the two HU Games. The Lost Fort is the Fantasy game. I'm not running any Sunday
games this year. Last year ran 4 games and :ugh: was way to much for me. Not enough time
to see or do anything. This year three games and Sunday is time to shop and find bargains
and of course help out at the Palladium table.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'll be there. I'm running a coupe games.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'll be there. I'm running a coupe games.

Is that like a sportier version of a game? :clown:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The Dark Elf wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I'll be there. I'm running a coupe games.

Is that like a sportier version of a game? :clown:

Only two doors to enter the game area though.
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

Jack Burton wrote:

That second one is mine! Oh man I am so worried about running for people outside of my own group!
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

zerombr wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:

That second one is mine! Oh man I am so worried about running for people outside of my own group!

That's cool! We're easy... I emailed you a while back about using my own character. I think we'll just use your pregens to avoid issues. Should be fun!
Reagren Wright

Jack Burton wrote:

Without any delays Palladium "should" have out according to latest new letter...
Rifts-Secrets of Atlantis (July)
Nightbane-Dark Designs (July 15)
Rifter #78 (July)
Maybe the new book Rifts-Living Nowhere (July)
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Reagren Wright wrote:I'll be there running two Heroes Unlimited Games, one Palladium Fantasy, and helping
Lopan. It will be awesome :D Hopefully we will have three sourcebooks available for
fans and the public.

Can you please get someone to record your games!?! Especially if the fantasy one uses Lopan!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Reagren Wright

zyanitevp wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:I'll be there running two Heroes Unlimited Games, one Palladium Fantasy, and helping
fans and the public.

Can you please get someone to record your games!?! Especially if the fantasy one uses Lopan!!

Hmm you probably have to ask the great and powerful NMI to see what he can do.
The fantasy game I'm running doesn't have anything to do with Lopan, takes place in
Timiro, however many of the characters have items you can purchase from the
kingdom of Lopan, the trade capital of Palladium Fantasy.
Reagren Wright

Gen Con sells out of 4 days passes. This Gen Con is going to be epic and very crowded!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Yup I was shocked when they said they sold out. It is going to be pretty epic this year. And if the printers are able to get stuff out soon enough should be a few new palladium things to pick up and get autographed there.
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

i do have a recording for the Devil's Justice game I ran, hope Jack Burton here enjoyed himself! I'll post when I get it up.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

zerombr wrote:i do have a recording for the Devil's Justice game I ran, hope Jack Burton here enjoyed himself! I'll post when I get it up.

I did! Mischa was fun to play yesterday. He's still recovering from the axe to the neck, though!
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

Juvi tends to hit those neck shots, she nearly has killed 56, and Sleuth with that move.

I admit, when I found out your RL background, I thought, "oh man, he's gonna bust me so hard on RL tactics!"

Glad you enjoyed yourself!
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

I ought to post this under BtS2, but it's Gen Con related, so what the heck... I wanted to specifically mention this premise because I thought it was so novel.

Friday, I played one of the most interesting games ever... it was BtS2, GM'd by Brandon. Our group played our characters as 4th graders in the 1980s. No one had fully manifested powers, adults couldn't (or wouldn't) help us, we all rode our bikes around the neighborhood and we even did combat with 7th graders! It was more fun that I would've ever thought!

Thank you to all the GM's I got to play with:

DAVE, who we not only all instantly clicked with as if we'd been playing together for years, but was a GM machine (he stood the entire time..hahaha),

BRANDON, who was fun as hell and made a great game even greater (if that was even possible), and

MATT, whose ability to describe the setting made us all believe we were really there! (Plus his knowledge of our characters was second to none)

Thanks guys, for helping make my 1st Gen Con incredible!
Last edited by Jack Burton on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

zerombr wrote:Juvi tends to hit those neck shots, she nearly has killed 56, and Sleuth with that move.

I admit, when I found out your RL background, I thought, "oh man, he's gonna bust me so hard on RL tactics!"

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

No, no, no... you were pretty dang accurate!
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

I've never seen Stranger Things, but my buddy who went to the con with me and who also played said it was very much that vibe. I thoroughly enjoyed it because it reminded me of all the shenanigans my friends and I got into while riding around the neighborhood on our bikes (minus the Supernatural goings on... hahaha).

I thought it was so good, it ought to be a published adventure!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

BtSK would be a great platform to do a stranger things adventure on.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

zerombr wrote:i do have a recording for the Devil's Justice game I ran, hope Jack Burton here enjoyed himself! I'll post when I get it up.

Is there a website you post to?
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Any pics from GenCon games?
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Spinachcat wrote:Any pics from GenCon games?

This was from Palladium's Twitter. We were playing BtS2. Old news, I suppose.

https://twitter.com/PalladiumBooks/stat ... 67424?s=09

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”