The Order of The Books

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What makes a Game Session better?

Music
No votes
Food
No votes
Scenery
No votes
DM Knowledge(Game Pace)
44%
Hack N Slash
6%
Storytelling
50%

Total votes: 16

Traoah
Newb

The Order of The Books

Unread post by Traoah »

Heys guys and gals. I'm a new Dm to RIFTS, but it was my starting ttrpg game. So I just have to ask. What is the order of the books? I just acquired the RIFTS Ultimate Edition and want a grasp of the order to start collecting after that. Thank you for your suggestions.
:bandit:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: The Order of The Books

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I voted Game Pace, which is in part the GM and in part the players.

I play online and sort of dislike five minutes (or five plus) between posts.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

The communal nature of the game. It is more fun when done with other people.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
oni no won
Explorer

Unread post by oni no won »

Traoah wrote:Heys guys and gals. I'm a new Dm to RIFTS, but it was my starting ttrpg game. So I just have to ask. What is the order of the books? I just acquired the RIFTS Ultimate Edition and want a grasp of the order to start collecting after that. Thank you for your suggestions.
:bandit:

You may want to think about getting the GM Guide, Book of Magic, Conversion Book One, and Bionics Sourcebook because they consolidate all similar information from various books that Palladium put out.

There are many World and Dimension books so you need to decide what location you will be adventuring in and get the books pertaining to that region.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I agree with Oni No Won.

However, you don't really need anything except R:UE to start playing. Conversion or other monster book is good, and everyone has their favorite World book. It mostly depends where on/off Earth you want to put your Rifts campaign.

In your list, you forgot "Fun Players", if you don't have them, everything falls apart.

Don't forget to post in the GM's Forum. We've got a good crew of posters who will be happy to answer questions.

As a long time Palladium GM, my #1 suggestion is to tailor the game to how you like to run things and forget about worrying about the RAW. Keep what you like, bend the rest to your will.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I didnt answer cos the choice is dependant on the game and the players. what I would say is that a good GM doesnt have to be all knowledgeable but a goo GM AND good players can have a good game without needing music or scenery etc.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”