So when are you going to finish those other two BTS books?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Holister
Adventurer

So when are you going to finish those other two BTS books?

Unread post by Holister »

Pretty much what I said.

There are a lot of loyal BTS fans have been waiting since 2005 for two books to finish your rehash of BTS into a "2nd Edition". Enough with with the RIFTS stuff cause we do not need more power armor sourcebooks, and we don't need any more zombies or rifters. Just get of your pampered duffs and give us BTS fans the two books we need to complete your 2nd Edition rehash of BTS. Or here is an idea.....scrap the 2nd edition and just re-release the 1st edition BTS, at least that was complete and had the Boxed Nightmares supplement.

Well that was my two cents, feel free to start ignoring me now. :P
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: So when are you going to finish those other two BTS book

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

They have posted the 1st edition books on DriveThruRPG.com.

Beyond the Supernatural RPG - 1st Edition Rules

Boxed Nightmares - 1st Edtion Rules

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

First edition is infinitely superior to second edition, and I had a hand in working on second edition. Just pretend second edition doesn't exist, and run with first edition to your heart's content. It's what I do when I run BTS games, and I've never regretted it.
Insert 400 character limit here.
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

I have been interested in BTS second edition but I was waiting on the other books to make it complete. Now that the first edition rules are available in pdf I might just go in that direction...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blog (mainly) about role-playing interests at The Semi-Retired Gamer.
Holister
Adventurer

Unread post by Holister »

You can also just buy a copy of 1st edition on Ebay. You may also have luck getting a copy of Boxed Nightmares too.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Yes, PLEASE finish the other two books! I think there are more BTS fans out there than you think. If a game isn't supported, of course it won't sell like it should or like the games that are heavily supplemented.

I shook my head in bewilderment the other night when I was reading through my 2005 BTS2 book where Kevin PROMISED the other 2 sourcebooks would be completed ASAP. I was kind of stunned to see such an explicit promise like that in an RPG book.... even more stunned, given that it was never followed through on!

With unkept promises like that, I'd be surprised if they've presold ANY of the 2 unfinished books. No one has any faith they'll ever be completed, so why pay money you may or may not ever see anything for? Honestly, I'd have no problem pulling the trigger on them both and preordering them if I believed I'd get them in a reasonable timeframe.

I agree... too many Rifts books... I bought Rifts in 1990 but honestly, I've never played it once. Dead Reign looks boring, too. Mindless zombies. For some reason, BTS and HU capture my imagination more than any others. Of course, PB is in the business to make money. But when you only seem to nurture some product lines and starve others, those others won't grow. Maybe I'm wrong... wouldn't be the first or last time. Perception is reality, though.

On a positive note, I'm not going to let the absence of those soircebooks stop me from busting out my old BTS1 book and using it alongside the new book. I just ordered a copy of Boxed Nightmares off of Amazon, so that will be fun when it comes in. AND, I bought tickets for a buddy and I to play 2 games of BTS at Gen Con in August! Sooo looking forward to playing that and some HU2 in Indianapolis! Game on!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I love it if you make New BtS,s books.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”