You can do it!

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VIsgar
Explorer
Comment: Reflux adept.

You can do it!

Unread post by VIsgar »

The author of the Shannara Series Terry Brooks finally had a book turned into a 10 episode series and (though it deviated a lot from the book) was epic storytelling to me.

Both Rifts and Shannara Chronicles take place on Earth after it'd been destroyed and magic has returned.

I would still love to see a Movie, Mini-Series or full on Series about Rifts Earth (or any of your universes).

You all can do this with your wonderful lore and rich characters.

Please do :-)
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: You can do it!

Unread post by Bill »

Unless I'm mistaken, the option to develop the property for film or television has been held by Disney since 2003. At this point I do not expect to see anything happen until Disney chooses to return those rights to Palladium.
VIsgar
Explorer
Comment: Reflux adept.

Unread post by VIsgar »

Alright. Thank you for letting me know.
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

VIsgar, good evening!

If it's any consolation, I believe Terry Brook's 'Shannara' series (the books, I mean) date from the early 1980s if not beforehand. It may be a wait (if we're talking about Disney's continued television & film rights' renewal for Rifts) but I have no doubt that it will eventually exist in some form, as in a Rifts film or television (or even web) production. A person's imagination doesn't ever stop, which is an excellent metaphor for a gaming company's intent and drive, whether a fan consumer or a company producer. Keep imagining, and never let it stop!

Tails High, and have yourself a good one!

-Boe.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”