Palladium Office and visitation

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

xandarr2000
D-Bee

Palladium Office and visitation

Unread post by xandarr2000 »

I have a stupid question probably. As big a fan as I have been of Palladium (my sagging book shelves attest to this), I have never been able to attend a convention or any of the meetups that have been held at Palladium over the years. Being handicapped kind of throws a monkey wrench in a lot of things. However for part of this summer ill be home visiting indiana and not far from michigan. Is there a storefront for Palladium that customers can visit and purchase books from? I would gladly make a pilgrimage if that was the case. I just have no seen anything to suggest that there is even a day for tours or anything like that. Any information much appreciated.
Chris

"No matter how far you have to go, always take pride in how far you have already gone"
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Palladium Office and visitation

Unread post by Fell »

I've never been sadly. If I were in your position I would just call them (Palladium Help desk line) and ask if you could swing by.

Hopefully some one else (who has been there) pipes up with more info.

:)
Dan Frederick
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

As for the being handicapped, I honestly don't see a problem with coming to the conventions. If you need help, all you have to do is ask, and I'm sure there would be some who would gladly help out. As for going to their offices, as long as you give them plenty of warning, I don't see you having any problems with them giving you a little look around. During Open Houses, they have done that, and I know of others who have stopped their offices before. So just go ahead and call and see.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I suggest giving them a call at 734-721-2900 and explain your situation. They should be able to let you know if their schedule will be open enough for you to drop by.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I can't speak for PB, but they've had plenty of people speak of visits here, and it's not exactly an uncommon mention in the weekly update.

Agreed on calling ahead, but assuming they aren't too busy with writing and RRT ( :-P ), I'd hope they'd be able to meet up with you while you're in the area.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

At one point Kevin gave me an open invitation to drop by which was difficult as I was in Anchorage, AK.

The opportunity came when a friend of mine was getting married and the couple wanted to go down to Ohio (her home) for the ceremony. On an off day my bride and I went up to PBHQ :shock: and all I got was a picture of me frowning by the locked door.

Fortunately my friend was able to visit and the surprise was the printer proof of Machinations of Doom signed by everyone there.

LESSON: call ahead, they may be out to lunch. Oh and call if they don't answer the door too, they may just be unable to hear the knocking.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

They do have a rear garage door that will allow wheelchair access. Just BE SURE to call ahead so they are ready (and the path is clear).
As to knocking on the door (using the bell). After you try the front door........go to the side door IF you see cars parked in their lot. Oh and bang hard.....it won't break trust me.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

The glass doors won't break... or was that the previous warehouse?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Hey Xandarr2000!

Do you live in Colorado? If so there are some RPG conventions in the state which may be lots of fun (although they may or may not hold PB events), and as most conventions are held at large venue hotels, they are almost all ADA compliant. I know several handicapped players who attend the Los Angeles cons in wheelchairs, including one seriously awesome GM who runs several events each con.

There is a team of fans building together to help Palladium put on another Open House. Definitely check out the Palladium Open House forum for updates. I assure you that every handicapped fan will be welcome and whatever venue is chosen will be ADA compliant.

Also as others have mentioned, call up PB and let them know you'd like to visit. Promise to bring cookies...and books for them to sign!

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”