Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » All Things Palladium Books®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: New Navy Book?
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:10 pm

D-Bee

Hello, sorry to both all but I have a Question in Regards to the Book that was finished by Greg Diaczyk and submitted back in Dec of 2012.

Namely, what is the Status on this Project/Book? It had some things that were mentioned in the Lemuria Book (Like the Shrieker Psionic R.C.C.) that I was really looking forward to (though with the trend I am seeing in Coalition Manhunters Book to nerf the several Psionic classes like the Zapper, this might just be a blessing in disguise).

It just Seems kind of weird that a Book that was by the finished by the writer almost 10 years ago still hasn't been published/released. Unless I am missing something and it was released under a different name or combined into another book and I just missed it, though this is unlikely since I have all the RIFTS Books, most of the Rifters and others from the other games and have been trying to go back through them. This is like Dimension Book 9 that never got released, so there is a gap there as well.

Please, any info or updates on this would be greatly appreciated. A Yes, it is still planned for release at some point), or we took the stuff and merged it with other books (would love to know where cause I want to see some of it lol), or Even if it is just to say that the Book was completely cancelled and not coming out so ignore that anything in Lemuria that is mentioned but not actually in the book.

Thank you in advance for any and all information,

Janos

Post subject: Re: New Navy Book?
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:47 pm

Rifts® Trivia Master

there was a printed off raw copy on display at the open house, so i'd guess it is in editing right now. remember that the last 10 years has largely been taken up the Robotech Tactics debacle, which sucked up most of PB's time and budget.

* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:45 am

D-Bee

glitterboy2098 wrote:
spoken as someone who clearly no idea how publishing works, and is ignoring how much debt PB accrued trying to get the RTT stuff resolved before it got shut down so suddenly (and lost more with the way that HG handled the license yank). and also ignoring the fact that for the last three years we've been in a fraking pandemic with multiple massive economic disruptions in the global printing and shipping industries, as well as major economic downturns leaving book and game publishers suffering majorly reduced sales because fewer people had expendable income. the PB specific details about which were gone into at the recent Open House.

so perhaps you should take your negativity somewhere else.

Are speaking to me with this reply or one of the others? I feel like you are speaking to the one above your post, but as you did not reply to him, but rather to my subject thread, I am not certain and so I am requesting clarity in order to be sure that there are no misunderstandings between us. Thank you.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:58 am

Palladin

Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
glitterboy2098 wrote:
spoken as someone who clearly no idea how publishing works, and is ignoring how much debt PB accrued trying to get the RTT stuff resolved before it got shut down so suddenly (and lost more with the way that HG handled the license yank). and also ignoring the fact that for the last three years we've been in a fraking pandemic with multiple massive economic disruptions in the global printing and shipping industries, as well as major economic downturns leaving book and game publishers suffering majorly reduced sales because fewer people had expendable income. the PB specific details about which were gone into at the recent Open House.

Speaking as someone who knows more about publishing (and knows people who work IN the publishing and printing industries) than you assume I do and as someone who was fairly involved in that debacle called RRT (as well as other projects), while remaining in contact with people who were even MORE intimately involved in it after walking away (which you were not thus I actually know more than YOU do about it), maybe try to not act so smug and condescending as you consistently tend to do. You're not the smartest or more knowledgeable person "in the room" as you always like to think you are Mark.

The pandemic is convenient since they've been operating NO differently than they were PRIOR to said pandemic. It's funny how many other companies did NOT suffer as MASSIVELY as you claim not to mention a number of companies saw INCREASES in sales not reductions. But please go on just regurgitating what Kevin has told you. He's NEVER intentionally lied or mislead his customer base before...ever, right? Oh wait, he literally has. Multiple times. He's ALWAYS spun Palladium's problems to make it look like he and/or Palladium have been hard done by and almost never at fault (Unless it was that he was to nice and generous to someone involved in said problem). Always.

Furthermore, it's not negativity to be open and honest about reality. It's also not negativity to call out blatant BS and pointing at RRT as an excuse from early 2018 as to why they are so far behind on publishing actual books is literally BS and this person should be aware about how Palladium does things... which is relevant to his question.

It IS, however, dishonest to use excuses like you are here which will literally mislead someone in regards to the book they are asking about let alone the company that's supposed to produce said book. It's called tempering expectations.

The sad part is this company could still be one of the bigger ones...instead they just keep tripping over themselves to please a seriously tiny portion of the fan base that strokes their egos.

@janos - If we are lucky it MIGHT come out in the next decade. Maybe. Until then I suggest you just write your own material and not worry about it or the other books you've asked about elsewhere. Until they a "shipping" Message on the forums here, it all might as well be vaporware.

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:15 pm

Rifts® Trivia Master

Janos2001 wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

Are speaking to me with this reply or one of the others? I feel like you are speaking to the one above your post, but as you did not reply to him, but rather to my subject thread, I am not certain and so I am requesting clarity in order to be sure that there are no misunderstandings between us. Thank you.

apologies, i'll add the quote. was typing on a tablet then, which can make using quotes tricky

* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:39 pm

D-Bee

Thank you for clearing up whom your statement was directed towards Glitterboy2098. I took no offense or anything, just was trying to understand the flow of the conversation. And Also, I want to say to to both of you, Jaymz and Glitterboy2098, Thank you both for the information you have given, from both side of the viewer, it is very appreciated.

Thank you.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:00 am

Knight

Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!
I agree with Jaymz.

Time for the fans to stop making excuses for PB. Otherwise why would they change anything when they see the fans making excuses for them. Even the Pandemic is no longer a valid excuse because even before it happened nothing to me as at least really changed.

Books are promised and for the most part never see the light of day. Barely any new releases. The same cycle of yearly broken promises from Kevin. All we see on their FB page and when they send emails is continual sales of existing products. It’s very hard to be optimistic imo.

As to the OP as was said make your own stuff or make due with the existing material. As the book will probably never be released. Or st least 6-20 years late.

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:10 pm

Champion

I remember the Mechanoids book being discussed in 1994. I am still waiting for that book to be produced.

That being said, I have given up holding my breath with this company. People stealing ("day of treachery" or whatever they called it), pouring resources into an unknown gaming system (N-Gage...they havent even ported it over to PC...), poor relationships with other companies (Robotech tactical, Rifts movie), pandemics...these are all just excuses. They have lead to hyperinflated promises and extremely poor deliveries.

Sometimes, things happen though. A good company will continue to do what makes them money, in this case...write books. The Rifter has kept this company alive, but even that has started to die out for me. Palladium is micromanaged by one individual and that guy is slowing down with time. So I do not see Palladium being around for much longer. If a book of interest does get published, I will be pleasantly surprised. But I do not pre-order anything, contribute to kick starters, buy "Raw" editions, or donate to be a Hero of the Megaverse anymore...been burned too many times with this company. If they want my money, they will produce full rate production books. That's how business works.

However, instead of me complaining about how things are not being produced, I focus on what I DO have. Which is a great world of Rifts that spans dozens of core, world, source, and adventure books as well as spin off games like Phase World and Chaos Earth. No matter how many blunders Palladium makes in the future, these books are already written and I have plenty to utilize for gaming. Till then, give credit where credit is due!

-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:14 am

OLD ONE

Thread locked since people do not know how to play nice.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.