Questions wanted for upcoming Kevin Siembieda interview

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Questions wanted for upcoming Kevin Siembieda interview

Unread post by AlexM »

Kevin Siembieda will be interviewed by Sean Owen Roberson this Saturday at 1:00 PM EDT. We are looking for questions that you might want to ask Kevin before the event, which is part of Gen Con Online. So post them here. Kevin will look them over and reply to as many as he can as part of the interview.

Here is a link to the event: https://www.gencon.com/events/200745

Alex Marciniszyn
matt.reed
Wanderer
Comment: wrote several power cat updates for the Rifter, and Cascade
guidesmegaverse.podbean.com

Re: Questions wanted for upcoming Kevin Siembieda interview

Unread post by matt.reed »

Palladium's never been too heavy in modules themselves, much less even a real dungeon crawl, still I hear people looking for elements for that. Has there ever been consideration for a book solely about dungeon creation, and fun examples to work with? You could go into more 'classic' concepts such as finding and removing traps, healing in less than ideal situations, the underground of the Palladium world. Heck it could even cover the megaverse at large, like what a dungeon in Rifts would look like.
desrocfc
Explorer
Comment: Promoting great storytelling fiction and in games, for GMs and players alike.

Unread post by desrocfc »

Questions:

1. The Rifts RPG system is a mature system with an extensive library of World Books and other supporting publications. As a form of marketing to both internal stakeholders (Palladium gamers) and external stakeholders (gamers not yet introduced to Rifts), is Palladium Books ever going to consider more fiction releases (either novels or anthologies)?

2. As a follow-on, what would Palladium Books' interest be in publishing fully fleshed out adventure modules/single-session adventures?
Francois DesRochers

http://www.scholarlyadventures.com/blog [A Rifts RPG Blog]
matt.reed
Wanderer

is there any intention of filling the 'giant robot combat' hole in the megaverse that is being currently pursued?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Any chance of a Rifts: Promise of Power re-release or remaster for a modern game system?

Any chance that the adventure played through in the Rifts: Promise of Power video game could ever be adapted into a written game module?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

So far, so good. Keep 'em coming.

Alex Marciniszyn
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

matt.reed wrote:is there any intention of filling the 'giant robot combat' hole in the megaverse that is being currently pursued?

What giant robot combat hole?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
blackaeon
D-Bee

Unread post by blackaeon »

Is there any chance of un-pinning certain dates from settings with 'hard-coded' occurrence dates (like the Wave from Dead Reign, or Dark Day from Nightbane) to help give them more of a timeless/perpetually contemporary feel without having to dramatically update the core events/happenings in said games? Obviously, most of us will be dead by 2098 so this does not apply to Rifts/Rifts Chaos Earth as much, clearly that is someone else's problem.
"A frog and a packrat mixed together is pretty much a cat" - Liblet Thumblejump

www.realplaygamespod.com is where my friends and I play a bunch of TTRPG games, including a bunch of Palladium ones!
matt.reed
Wanderer

Killer Cyborg wrote:
matt.reed wrote:is there any intention of filling the 'giant robot combat' hole in the megaverse that is being currently pursued?

the one left by Robotech, I didn't want to mention it by name if it got selected, but I think there needs to be a good mecha game still in the megaverse.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

matt.reed wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

the one left by Robotech, I didn't want to mention it by name if it got selected, but I think there needs to be a good mecha game still in the megaverse.

so kinda like how we no longer have TMNT RPG (unless you bought the books way back when) but now have After the Bomb, you're thinking something like that for Robotech?

I worry that it would be much harder to do since the book is so tightly wrapped around someone else's IP, but I guess that's for Kevin to answer.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

With the publication of RUE it was said that the changes in the Character classes were done to 'make things more accessible because the labeling system was confusing', while what was gotten was a different load of stupidity that smells the same when talking about the PCC classes in Rifts. Why didn't you just stick with the CC types you had, using the words in them at a guild to their definitions and make a correction list for the ones already in existence?

I might note that the class types are correctly used in the PF2 core book in the individual listings, so I know you people could do it. The only thing wrong with the class listing is that the generalized character classes title Should Be just that...'Character Classes'. Not something else. OCCs are :as per the word OCCUPATION in it; job classes, not all classes.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
matt.reed
Wanderer

Shark_Force wrote:
so kinda like how we no longer have TMNT RPG (unless you bought the books way back when) but now have After the Bomb, you're thinking something like that for Robotech?

I worry that it would be much harder to do since the book is so tightly wrapped around someone else's IP, but I guess that's for Kevin to answer.

you got it. I'm really into the idea of the 'last best hope' power armor or spaceships or battleships against whatever alien horde there is.

You get some Gundam, you get some Victory Viper, some cool unique mecha with fun systems....
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

edit.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Eric42
Wanderer

Unread post by Eric42 »

Could any pre-made adventures ever get published?

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”