Sub Subjects

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mellowmaveric
Megaversal® Ambassador

Sub Subjects

Unread post by mellowmaveric »

The boards are so full now maby its time to start spesfic folders for content related to the CS, Triax, Asia, Australia, South America, etc. The dificulty of scrolling through and finding relivant information to a question you might post has become rediclous and breaking it down while it might be a bit of a chore for the moderators would save a lot of frustration and wanting to throw your computer across the room later on. I might be alone here or there might be many who feel the same way. In adition there could be a misclianious area or the same thread could be similtaniously posted in multiple areas if they pertain to the same thing. One final adition would be a button to click if you think it has been posted in the wrong area to help the moderators review at their lesiure so not everything is put on them. We all make mistakes and this might make the filing system a bit easier.

Well theres my 2 cents hope it takes hold but if not I felt I needed to put it out there.
MikelAmroni
Hero

Re: Sub Subjects

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

The problem with that approach is that none of us stay on a single subject. In most threads all kinds of places came up. The mods would CONSTANTLY be moving threads. They have to a lot now - Rifts threads pop up in the oddest places, Robotech threads pop up in the Rifts Forum, Fantasy threads pop up in Nightbane, etc. Game Line is about as far removed as it nees to be. Moving the Dimension books off was a good idea because Phase World stuff has little use to Rifts Earth politics, but what happens in South America has the chance of impacting North America or Europe, and what happens in Russia would impact Japan and Europe, and maybe Africa. So its all germaine to the conversation. What happens in the Three Galaxies has little effect on Rifts Earth unless you have a major dimension spanning game.

At least that's my two cents. They're only pennies, so take em as such :D
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
taalismn
Priest

Re: Sub Subjects

Unread post by taalismn »

All good things come to those who dig...
Convenience lasts only for a moment...then it inevitably breaks down...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”