Will flash bang Grenades have any affect on zombie?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Will flash bang Grenades have any affect on zombie?

Unread post by ZINO »

i have a player that got very lucky
1) got his hand son a hand held 40 mm Grenades laucher
and
2) he took flash bang Grenades for that instead of H.E Ttypes (SMART GUY)
Will flash bang Grenades have any affect on zombie? help on this one
:shock: :shock:
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Will flash bang Grenades have any affect on zombie?

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I can see it getting their attention but no damage or penalties. They might be good as a distraction or a lure to draw Zombies in a certain direction.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

No Zombies cant be distracted, stunned or blinded, except by a sharp stick in the eye. They sence PPE. If you are near they know where you are.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Ninjabunny wrote:Zombies might look toward or move toward the loud bang it makes and might look away from you for a second or two.

Well the Zombies in my game will not be easily distracted. Once they have your PPE scent they keep moving until you are out of range, they are all dead or you are Zombie Food.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Ninjabunny wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:Zombies might look toward or move toward the loud bang it makes and might look away from you for a second or two.

Well the Zombies in my game will not be easily distracted. Once they have your PPE scent they keep moving until you are out of range, they are all dead or you are Zombie Food.

The ones in my games are as basic as a zombie comes and they go toward loud noises bright lights. Other then thinkers (Remember I use Rifter 40 rules) zombies are brainless and can be easily fooled.

Actually you may have a point, Zombies should not necessarily be good at hunting not like a vampire or other supernatural predator. Ill try it both ways and let my players decide. Besides the game will be very repetative if the only defece against zombies is a bigger gun.
Nowhere65
Wanderer

Unread post by Nowhere65 »

I agree that the flash bang grenades wouldn't cause any damage.

I also agree they would work as a distraction, especially if they characters are out of sensing range.

Launch one from a roof top to lure them away from your escape route and if you are being attacked by zombies, at the very least it may lure or distract those on the edges of the zombie mob that's heading for you.

But don't forget, Zombies aren't the only things out there.
Flash-bangs would work great on a wild dog pack, raider camp, retro savages and death cult priests.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

good new some pc got his hands on HE and flares as well from 36 pc we are down to 22 pc that are alive it was a private security firm and were on training in their private grounds ,they are the lucky one , expect for that pc who took flash bang grades and his squad got kill but we able to recover that launcher man that was tough for them to get . boy do they love heavy weapons !!!!
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

can a flash bang blind them , more than one /many flash bang will work ?
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

ZINO wrote:can a flash bang blind them , more than one /many flash bang will work ?

No zimbies can see wihout eyes, flash bang = no effect.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

If using one to draw zombies out, then ya.
Like if yer on the 6th or seventh floor of a building and you want to lead a crowd of zombies on the ground somewhere (you are out of range of their PPE sense), then yes they'd wander off to investigate briefly.

If you are trying to use one to escape a zombie or confuse an attacking/converging zombie, no.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

asajosh wrote:If using one to draw zombies out, then ya.
Like if yer on the 6th or seventh floor of a building and you want to lead a crowd of zombies on the ground somewhere (you are out of range of their PPE sense), then yes they'd wander off to investigate briefly.

If you are trying to use one to escape a zombie or confuse an attacking/converging zombie, no.

thank you for your reply
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

A flash bang should distract and draw away Zombies who have not noticed a food source or are not responding to a Zombie Moan. However, a Zombie that has "locked on" or a Zombie that knows there is food in a particular direction isn't going to waste time with strange noises.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Dead Reign™”