A zombie question.

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tricky
Wanderer

A zombie question.

Unread post by Tricky »

Ok, so zombies are basicly PPE vampires, like Rifts Psi-Stalkers. They absorb the 'life force' of others to replace the lack of life they possess. (As an asside; to see a similar thing in a movie, see the movie "Lifeforce", it's about alien vampires from Halley's comet. A nice little British Horror flick from the 80's. With Patrick Stewart!)

Now, I checked the sats: Every zombie has at least 1d4 PPE. So could, lets say a Mock Zombie for example, start offing regular zombies in an attempt to get much needed PPE to offset it's condition?

My personal opinon is yes, with a caveat: Zombie's aren't alive, so their PPE does not double when they 'die'. So, unlike the 20 PPE you get killing a survivor with 10 PPE, you kill a sloucher with 1 PPE, that's all you get, one measly point. So, if Joe the Mock Zombie Plumber wants to look more human, he better find a bunch of zombies fast. Or, he could kill John the Reaper, and get the same amount of PPE as killing a room full of zombies.

Any thoughts? Or did I miss something in the book that covers this?

Return to “Dead Reign™”