Questions Regarding Rifts Federation Of Magic TW Items

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Questions Regarding Rifts Federation Of Magic TW Items

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

if i had to guess...
diamonds, emeralds (both PPE storing gems), misc gems, wire, and the talisman spell. maybe one or two other spells to allow the clip to be slotted into a TW device to finish the spell chain. all inside a box or container to make it a gun magazine like item.

as for players not being allowed to make them, i'd say thats more game balance than actual knowledge issue. players able to make PPE clips could unbalance the game. one way to approach it would be to make the secret of the method of making spellchains that can use these PPEclips a closely guarded secret of stormspire.

that way if the players try to make a PPE clip of their own it won't work (won't link the spellchains), and if they make a TW item using a PPEclip as a PPE source each time they remove the clip they'd have to go through the process to rebuild the spellchain in the device.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Questions Regarding Rifts Federation Of Magic TW Items

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1. See Gadrin's FAQ answer. Yes Yes this does not give specifics because you chars are suppose to Not know the Talisman spell when they start off. So they have to go to a NPC to get their PPE clips recharged.

2. to power magic rituals? Yes
to siphon power into other TW devices? (Like the Bio-Wizard PPE battery from Atlantis?) What the mage does after they draw the power from a PPE clip is up to the mage.

3. If the mage knows how to recharge PPE clips then yes, otherwise no

4. If the mage knows how to recharge PPE clips then yes

5. Is there any special procedure required for charging a PPE clip? yes

6. Can psychics channel ISP at the standard 2-1 rate to charge a PPE clip? no

7. If the mage knows how to recharge PPE clips then said mage doesn't need to cast spells to get the PPE to recharge the PPE clip.

8. The TW must have the Talisman spell with in his spell lists, then said TW can make a VERSION of PPE clips himself. These new PPE clips are not necessarily compatible with Stormspire TW weapons.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”