TW Repair Modification

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Armorlord
Hero

TW Repair Modification

Unread post by Armorlord »

Well, have my first Techno-Wizard player since RUE and one of the first things he's interested in is adding a magic repair option to his ride, mainly to save on costs and supplies while away from civilization.
At first I was 'None currently on the market, can't think of any spells that would fit but I'll look into it', later on I notice 'Mend the Broken' in the gem list, and tell him 'Hey, there is a spell to base it off of', and I like the relatively high cost, not that he's looking for insta-repair.
So we start fiddling with the RUE guidelines, starting off with see what a basic version would look like with just Mend the Broken, commenting that it should need more in the chain. Shortly after the player suggested using 6000 cr worth of amber to knock it down to 4 PPE per 1 MDC, I knew I had to be working something wrong, or at that cost everyone would have it.
Among other things, I'm trying to think of what would make a good 'enabler' spell in the chain to get it to work on the whole vehicle. One thought I've had it to use memory block to contain the telemechanical schematic, cutting it's duration to something reasonably short in the process.
The main feature he's looking for is repair, with being able to repair on its own while on a leyline as a secondary concern.
There's also been discussion of restoring portions of the vehicle if a particular part is destroyed with called shots (guns, props, etc). Thinking Create Steel as the seed here, since it has a provision for working with scrapped parts to make workable metal, not with worked material, and use that as a prohibition on trying to remove parts to sell and regrow.
Thoughts/Advice?
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Armorlord
Hero

Well, the gem cost bit was when looking at it with Mend the Broken by itself ignoring secondaries at the time, 10+30PPE for 1 MDC, and 1 carat of amber (Device Level 1 hits the 1 carat minimum) at 600cr, 400 PPE Construction Cost... Crud. The on&off leyline option wouldn't affect Activation Cost, so that would be 20 PPE per MDC, so after his 10x gems suggestion would have made it 2 PPE per MDC. Thinking on it though, I never indicated it would be pumpable. :demon:

Let's see how it looks with the secondaries I'm considering.
Mend the Broken (10+30) Amber, Memory Bank (12) Fire Agate, and the 'regrow' option adds Create Steel (68 ) Black Garnet. He'll likely drop the regrow as putting the costs too high.
Hm, talking to him now and now he's considering trying to make a TW-toolkit instead. I'll see where this leads..
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)

Armorlord
Hero

Gravitus Everlast wrote:A tool kit could be good. Or he could just dub the vehicle a work in progress and switch out the whole car and make it all TW run. Nothing like a car that runs on PPE...
What self-respecting Techno-wizard doesn't have a TW ride? :ok:
In this case it's a comparatively lightly armored helicopter, so he's worried about keeping it together on long trips when shots get past the Armor of Ithan.

As for the tool-kit idea, the design is looking to be a deluxe tool kit/cabinet on a dolly with the tools all being hydraulic or electric and connected to the base unit (PPE converted as well).

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”