Just What Can They Do ?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

IIRC, creatures summoned via tattoos do not have psychic or magic powers.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Library Ogre

I'm away from my books at the moment; I'll check this when I get home.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Just What Can They Do ?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

gadrin wrote:snip...

However the Sense Magic ability has me baffled. Is it for finding something like a Rune Sword or ??? (so they stay away from it ?)

...snip

The Sense Magic ability such as the LLW's lets the user sense/see active magic and things with more then the minimum amount of PPE. But it is easier to sense active magic;such as a Spell in the middle of its duration; then latent magic; such as a charged PPE clip or a person with lots of PPE.

With PSI Sense it more like a giger counter.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre

It appears I was wrong. That was the ruling the GM used, though I now can't recall where he produced it from, and can't find anything similar.

All Palladium Articles
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Mark Hall wrote:It appears I was wrong. That was the ruling the GM used, though I now can't recall where he produced it from, and can't find anything similar.
Maybe the fact they are ectoplasm and not actual animals. The would have all the physical abilities of the animals but not mental, that is if one were to judge based on this rather than the explicit statement that they act as the animals do in every way.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

...the tattoo glows, disappears from his arm, and reappears as a dull grey, life size animal protector. Note: The animals aren't actually alive, but composed of a magic, ectoplasm-like substance.
So yes they are ectoplasm-like... by canon

And the section that talks about their having all of the normal animal abilities is followed buy
Birds fly and claw, canines bite and run, felines climb and stalk, bulls charge and ram, snakes slither and bite, and so on.
Which you may note are all physical abilities. This may or may not be an oversite where the writer fails to mention that they have animals psionics but I wonder If they're not ment to only be physical replicas of animals.

I never thought to use my owls psionic abilites with my T-man so I cannot say what my GM would have done for sure but I would guess that he would have ruled no and I would have agreed and would rule no also if it came up in any game I GMed.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

Library Ogre

I'll also point out that Monster Shaping tattoos don't give you anything other than shape... you might shape yourself like a Great Horned Dragon, but you can't breathe fire. And if a monster-shaping tattoo can't grant those powers, explicitly, our rationale was that other tattoos couldn't grant them, implicitly.

All Palladium Articles
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Mark Hall wrote:I'll also point out that Monster Shaping tattoos don't give you anything other than shape... you might shape yourself like a Great Horned Dragon, but you can't breathe fire. And if a monster-shaping tattoo can't grant those powers, explicitly, our rationale was that other tattoos couldn't grant them, implicitly.
Good rationale IMO.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

gadrin wrote:
gadrin wrote:
from Atlantis p88 -- The magic animals act like the animals illustrated in the tattoo in everyway and have all the abilities the real animal would possess.

except it also says that, not: "Forget everything we wrote before this."

what page or book is the ecto-stuff on ?

anyway, I'm not talking about the tatoo owner using the power, it's just the animals will be a bit more aware. Since they follow the creator's spoken word it might be a little bit of a bonus or advantage.
p.88 of Atlantis same place the other animal tattoo info is.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

gadrin wrote:
Thinyser wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:It appears I was wrong. That was the ruling the GM used, though I now can't recall where he produced it from, and can't find anything similar.
Maybe the fact they are ectoplasm and not actual animals. The would have all the physical abilities of the animals but not mental, that is if one were to judge based on this rather than the explicit statement that they act as the animals do in every way.

yes, you're right they are ecto, but get everything else the normal animals gets.

hmmm, they'd look weird with that grey-crap all over them.

They ARE the grey crap though and though... its not just covering a normal animal.

And personally I think they would get just the physical abilities of animals not their mental ones.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”