Psi-slinger

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Rifts WB 14: New West

They're AWESOME
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Rifts WB 14: New West

They're AWESOME

Too awsome if you ask me.
The Galactus Kid

If there can be such a thing as TOO awesome, then yes, they would qualify (Psi-sword at level one...what?), but they are still rad.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Rifts WB 14: New West

They're AWESOME

They are awesome, but become badass when you make their race a psi-stalker.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

I found all 'slingers after the first to be entirely stupid. The altered humans are the smae thing with better abilities and no (substancial) penalties. I find it to be overly powerful and completely unbalanced. This comes from a true power gamer.
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Zuari wrote:I have to agree that the Psi-slinger is to powerful for most game, and if the GM allows the Psi-stalker package on top as while they are damn near unstoppable, save with massive damage range attack with non-energy base missile weapons, which are rarely used. Thank they racial limitations of Humans and Psi-stalker cause a player what to make one with a Jeridu (Land of the Damned 1 Chaos Lands page 69) as the race (talk about having an I win switch). :eek:

I am playing a Psi-Slinger Psi-Stalker, and I dont think it's that powerful of a combination. I mean, they are not MD and just have psionic powers and can sense stuff. It's not that badass. If you want badass, i can think of quite a few combos.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

This is fantasy, anything and nothing is possible or impossible. And I am unanimous in this :-D
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Zuari wrote:I have to agree that the Psi-slinger is to powerful for most game, and if the GM allows the Psi-stalker package on top as while they are damn near unstoppable, save with massive damage range attack with non-energy base missile weapons, which are rarely used. Thank they racial limitations of Humans and Psi-stalker cause a player what to make one with a Jeridu (Land of the Damned 1 Chaos Lands page 69) as the race (talk about having an I win switch). :eek:

I do agree that a Psi-Slinger/Psi-stalker can be a nasty combination. Thankfully both parts of the combination have their "flaws" that any good GM should remember. Going by Psyscape the Psi-Slinger/ Psi-stalker combination should only have the Psychic powers of the Psi-Slinger. meaning that while said character is still a PPE vampire, they should not have most of the other Psi-stalker powers. This helps ballance out the class. Plus the Psi-slinger is still an SDC being. Meaning that they still die from ordinary bullets.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
The Galactus Kid

When combining a Psi-stalker race with other psychic classes (like the nullifier or the slinger) what racial abilities would the Psi-stalker retain? I would appreciate numbers from the racial abilities from R:UE.

The Galactus Kid

a P.P.E. vampire without the ability to track your prey would be SOOOO hard.

Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

The Galactus Kid wrote:a P.P.E. vampire without the ability to track your prey would be SOOOO hard.

Well read Psyscape page: 83. it states that the roughly one in every 200 Psi-Stalkers who have powers other than those of a regular psi-Stalker do not have the usual Psi-Stalker powers but those of a Nega-Psychic or Psi-Nullifier.

Given that precident a Psi-Slinger born to a Psi-Stalker Tribe would not have the usual racial abilities. They Do however use the Psi-Stalker skill and equipment list.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”