TWs and starting equipment

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sqir
D-Bee

Unread post by Sqir »

So I was perusing through the RUE yesterday, and I read that the TW starts out with a converted E-pistol or rifle and 4 E-clips.

Now, why would they need E-clips if they had a magically converted weapon?
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this one o some help would be appreciated.
Sqir
D-Bee

Unread post by Sqir »

As far as I understood it, a weapon could only use one source of energy. Be it PPE or conventional, once you change the power source it's changed forever IMO.

Also, it specifically says "4 E-Clips". Although starting with some PPE clips would be a cool thing.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I think it's a typo; TW converted weapons don't use E-Clips.

But if the GM allows you to have a Stormspire weapon, I don't see any reason not to allow those clips to be PPE clips instead.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

At first I loved stormspire weapons. Then I found out down the road that not even our technowizard could recharge the bloody things early in the game because it takes a specific spell to recharge them. AND the recharge cost is really high compared to conventional energy magazines.

So we went back to using the old fashion Tolkeen weapons and those made by other manufacturers. :lol:
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Not a problem in my campaign most of my caster are temporal wizards and take the talisman spell. Though I agree with cyborg on this one that it is just a oversight go with P.P.E. clips if you have a stormspire weapon.

Return to “Rifts®”