M.D.C scrap

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: M.D.C scrap

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Neo_Jesus_Sage wrote:Ok, well i got an operator who needs to buy mdc scrap. is there a price in any book for scrap metals or if not can someone give me a sugested price. it would be greatly appreceated thanks.

(Edit: It's late, and I initially misread your post and assumed that you were looking to sell, and mist that you were looking for metal specifically. Still, the following still applies)

It would depend on the material, for one thing.
If it's MDC metal or plastic, then it could theoretically be melted down and reused, but if it's MDC ceramic then I don't see much that could be done with it, unless someplace wanted to mix the MDC pieces in with mud or concrete to help strengthen an SDC wall or something.
And keep in mind that most MDC armors are likely to have a lot of ceramics in them, either as cermet compounds or just straight ceramics.

And then you'd have to find a place in the market for MDC scrap, which means you need a tech oriented city if you want to sell any significant amount of it.

As to how much money you could get, that's a tough one.
Scrap metal in the US generally goes for a fraction of the cost of the actual product. Scrap steel goes for about 10 cents per pound, for example.

On the other hand, the original Rifts book gets into the prices that the Black Market will pay for a lot of things, including weapons, armor, vehicles, and bionic or robotic limbs.
So it also depends on what type of scrap you're trying to sell.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

come up with price with your gm, use KC's suggestion to temper the price.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."

Return to “G.M.s Forum”