Campain ideas

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

Ooh! Ooh! I know!

All the players have powers of some sort! And they fight crime. But... (and here's the unexpected twist...) the criminals they fight also have powers!
Now to add a unique flair to your campaign, all the PCs can adopt code names and wear colorful costumes!

What do you think? :D

hehe. Serious answer... I came up with a concept once about a group of PCs who are a detective agency. That's a cool idea if you like investigative type games. Also, it will create more game balance if you have one guy who insists on playing a Mega-Hero brick type. If it's a detective game, the Super Sleuth will have a distinct advantage over the superpowered godling, in many cases.

I just thought it would be an interesting twist to run mysteries in a world where the killer can turn invisible or use a death touch.

It may not be the feel you are looking for, but I hope it gives you ideas.

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Mutant slave traders.

I leave it for you to untangle the ambiguity :)
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

A evil temporal raider(wizard) leading merc company to invand from RIFTS, with warmongers and ramjet rounds.

Sorry had to say this since I came up in the SOme demensions don't support M.D.C. thread.
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by jade von delioch »

go classic steampunk 1900"s heroes with the villian being this mad man who is building himself a legion of steampowered soldiers...

or the modern day with a mining company stubbling upon a old lab from the 1900's and inside, and soon to be awakened, is a steampowered robot or or the same mad man from above.. who will unlease what he was unable to do long ago.
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

An evil genius takes over Marvel and DC and proceeds to sue all the world's real superheroes for trademark and copyright violations, leaving them too busy and too broke to stop the world's supervillians :)
The ineffible GM
Explorer

Unread post by The ineffible GM »

Have the characters roll up stats for their characters and roll up Education, and have them choose normal jobs, and they're normal people except...
Everyone else in the world is a superhero, or just about. About 90% of the world's population has developed super powers, and the characters are the normal folks. They all meet at a "Meet Normals" gathering, sort of a singles meet & greet except the idea is to meet other people that don't have any kind of super powers.
"Otaru taught me that blue skies mean happiness"
- Lime, from Sabre Marionette J, episode twenty five
The ineffible GM
Explorer

Unread post by The ineffible GM »

Have each of the players experience intense and painful dreams one night, feeling burning chemicals on their skin, the feeling of chainsaws cutting off their legs, smoke so thick they can't breathe, but then there is a bright flash of light in their dream and a thin wavery voice calls out from the darkness telling each character that they have been chosen...a tall, beautiful woman with tanned skin and long flowing black hair appears and tells them that they have been chosen and they will be given the power to save the world.
Each player then wakes up to find a ring in their hand. Each with a small gem of a different colour and each granting a different set of powers. The characters are all from different parts of the earth, each one from a different continent. First they must find one another, which isn't hard because they feel a psychic tug pulling them all together. When they meet, they find that they are capable of focusing the power of their rings together to form a being of pure power (use the gestalt rules from PU2). This is a being that, by their powers combined, this is Captain Planet!
"Otaru taught me that blue skies mean happiness"
- Lime, from Sabre Marionette J, episode twenty five
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

The ineffible GM wrote:Have each of the players experience intense and painful dreams one night, feeling burning chemicals on their skin, the feeling of chainsaws cutting off their legs, smoke so thick they can't breathe, but then there is a bright flash of light in their dream and a thin wavery voice calls out from the darkness telling each character that they have been chosen...a tall, beautiful woman with tanned skin and long flowing black hair appears and tells them that they have been chosen and they will be given the power to save the world.
Each player then wakes up to find a ring in their hand. Each with a small gem of a different colour and each granting a different set of powers. The characters are all from different parts of the earth, each one from a different continent. First they must find one another, which isn't hard because they feel a psychic tug pulling them all together. When they meet, they find that they are capable of focusing the power of their rings together to form a being of pure power (use the gestalt rules from PU2). This is a being that, by their powers combined, this is Captain Planet!

in one of the rifter issues they have a type of O.C.C. for this..
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Use: The Talismans of Power cliche! You know, like, when they're all together they're a source of unspeakable evil, but then they all get separated and you have to collect them, so, like... the first board would be the jungle board, and maybe the second board is Ice World, and then there's probably a desert world in there and a fire world...
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Night Prince on HU earth who is trying to make a Dark Day occur on HU Earth. Of course if that happened, the Dark Day would increase the amount of Supers instead of Nightbane.
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

no you get just as many nightbane as usual. Nightbane awake in the presence of a nightlord or night prince. whenever one of either enters into a human world, one hundred nightbane are born..

Now, i don't know where your getting your information on there being more sups if the nightlords show up, but if there where more sups than nightbane when a nightland invasion happened that there were alot of sups to begin with.
verdilak
Adventurer

jade von delioch wrote:no you get just as many nightbane as usual. Nightbane awake in the presence of a nightlord or night prince. whenever one of either enters into a human world, one hundred nightbane are born..

Now, i don't know where your getting your information on there being more sups if the nightlords show up, but if there where more sups than nightbane when a nightland invasion happened that there were alot of sups to begin with.

There is precedence. HUGMG has an adventure where the heroes are thrown through a portal and land on HU Earth that has been taken over by the Nightlords. No mention of Nightbane. There's only like a few houndred survivors left, but I think in what the players are supposed to be told, it's said that after Dark Day, there became more mages/psychics/Supers.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

jade von delioch wrote:no you get just as many nightbane as usual.
...Unless that was the campaign you wanted to set up. :roll my eyes:
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

It seems that since such a large % of the world's population is dead there wouldn't be anyone left to become a nightbane. Thats only a guess though.
verdilak
Adventurer

jade von delioch wrote:It seems that since such a large % of the world's population is dead there wouldn't be anyone left to become a nightbane. Thats only a guess though.
'

Read HUGMG. No mention of Nightbane anywhere. You dont have to agree with it, but it IS cano in that Night Lords can go to other worlds and not create Nightbane. (BTW< where is that rule that says a Night Lord causes 100 Nightbane or whatever?)
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Dark Conversions, conversion book 2.
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

ya, steampunks pretty fun. i've run one once using BESM which turned out good.. i think once i have my game system a playtested out, i'll design a steampunk world as a setting for it..
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

Planet passes thru tail of strange comet, the results could be:

1. Loose powers and must find way to restore them.
2. Powers only work at night or day. Find cure.
3. Exposure to sunlight cause them damage that cannot be regen'ed, only rest will restore. Find cure.
4. Rifts them to anywhere in the Megaverse. Find way home.
5. Switch powers (Classic).
6. Powers only work x number times per day like 1d6+2. Find cure.
7. At each sunset change into a mild-mannered human with no powers.
8. Powers act randomly.
10. Rifts them to anywhere in time. Find way home.

This is just off the top of my head. Feel free to use and abuse as you see fit.

Big Bob................ :D
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”