multi- hand to hand skills???

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

multi- hand to hand skills???

Unread post by jade von delioch »

i have a player who was wondering if his character can learn a new hand to hand skill. i said yes, but i'll make him rule play it a bit before he gets it or something.
My question to the megaverse-consortium is: when a player learns a new hand to hand skill does the original hand to hand skill freeze and never progress any more and the other one starts at first level? Or does the new one start at first level and the old one continue to progress up in levels as normal along with the new one?
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Well, honestly, it depends. If you go by anything but N&S ruleset, the old skill freezes. If you go by N&S ruleset he would have the ability to switch with version he was using every round.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

what i have decided to do is freeze the old skill. On top of this i will negate the kata/chi powers, chi bonuses, and additional skills that the N/S and Mystic china H-H skills give for balance reason. i rather not mix in chi powers in palladium fantasy since it would be a little over powered compared to the rest of the world.
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If using any of the short h2h forms, any but the full MA forms in N&S and MC, the old h2h is replaced with the new h2h, not frozen.

If the char is using Full MA forms...then each progesses as the char levels up. However, all the bonuses are kept septerate and the char can only use one form at a time, and has to use it for a full melee.

If the the char is getting a shortened form that matches one of those presented in Rifts Japan, I would go ahead and use the short form from there.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

i'm going to use the Full H-H forms but i'm not going to use the multi-hand to hand skills rule used in N/S or MC. and freezing the old skill. i think it would be to much to keep track of during a game to do otherwise.
there maybe a better way to do the 2 or more hand to hand style than what they have in those books,b ut i have to much to do to spend time figuring that out.
Plus this is for Palladium Fantasy and there is no Asia in Palladium Fantasy...
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

i was going for a more technical ruling than realism.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”