D-Bees of North America - Questions/Comments..

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

IIRC, it states that physical training bonuses do not add to Supernatural Strength (major power) in HU; I'm unsure how that translates to RIFTS...
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

Retired Juicer wrote:
Question:
On page 140, Under P.P.E., It states: 3D6x10 +P.E. attribute number +3D6x10, and an additional 10 per level of experience.

Is this an obvious typo? ?

That is in fact a typo. I'm not sure what happened during editing, but it should have read:

P.P.E.: 3D6x10 +P.E. attribute, and an additional 10 P.P.E per level of experience.

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, I just haven't been visiting the boards much these days.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
DrBeau
Wanderer

Unread post by DrBeau »

gadrin wrote:any reason why the Altara Blind Warrior Women are included in the "North America" group ?

I'm mean why them and why not the Atlanteans ? (just curvy, sexy females for young fan boys ) ? :eek: 8-)

I could see validation for these two things like this:

AWW are common D-Bees to NA (on Slaver Barges).

True Atlanteans are, in a way, not D-Bees. They're native to Rifts Earth.
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Retired Juicer wrote:Page 216: under Hit Points. 1D6 +P.E. attribute number, +1D6 M.D. per level of experience, starting at level one.
Does this mean that Yeno are (very) minor M.D.C. beings?

On page 150. The Nuhr Dwarves have the same thing going on as well.

Page 145 the Noli Bushmen as well.

Page 143-144: N'mbyr. Bonuses during violent outbursts:
+10 to P.S. and P.S. goes from Augmented to the equivalent of a Supernatural P.S. of 1D4+21.

So which is it? +10 to P.S. and make it supernatural? Or becomes a supernatural P.S. of 22-25?

Page 97-98: Prehensile tail adds one melee attack. And under bonuses there is an additional unsourced bonus melee attack. Do Grackle Tooth have a bonus melee attack and then an additional one from the tail? Or is it the unsourced bonus from the tail?

Page 36, Blucies (which I love by the way): Hit points: P.E. x 10 +2D6 per level. Thats a lot of Hit Points. Is this how it should be, or is this a typo?

Page 32: Avianes. As developers would you guys say that physical skill bonuses to S.D.C. would apply to the wings as well? Or that say the "Running" skill would apply to the wings flight speed?

One last question. I understand that bonuses from physical skills do not apply to creatures that have "Supernatural" stats (strength and endurance typically) What about O.C.C. bonuses to stats like for say A Grackle Tooth Cyber Knight.

Crud, I forgot to take down page number, but here are a couple that I noticed:

I believe under the Noli's psionics, Mind Block has a cost of 40 I.S.P. :lol:

Also, I think the Power Leech has a horror factor of 1.5 in the book. :P

There was also another disconnect where a skill was listed as a starting skill and then listed again as a skill that could be taken as an O.C.C. related (and not one where taking the skill twice would do anything for the character). :-?

I know I noticed more, but I have been lax in keeping track. I'll try and do better over the next few days. :oops:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Ninjabunny wrote:I personally like the Ecto-men but the tendrils did they form into human like limbs or are they still just like tentecals?

They are tenticles in the invisible Ectoplasm state, and are human-like limbs in the "Solid" Ectoplasm state.

~ Josh
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Topic trimmed.

If you don't like a particular artist, that's fine. But don't go out of your way to trash them here, or anywhere on PB's site.

If you wish to make your displeasure known to the company, as always, we encourage you to write a letter.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Been reading though the book. Stopping on races that caught my eye and what not.

Dirari Ecto men by Josh Sinsapagh. Very nice. Also loved the pic for that one.

Drizzit by Taylor White. Very nice Grasshopper people. I thought they were a nice out of the box creation.

The Grackle Tooth, One of Kevins, Inspired by Mr Perez. One of my long time faves. I only wish it had the race's true name in there as it's mentioned about 40 times in MoD

Iktek Diggers, by Jason Richards. Loved the pic and another sort of out of the box creation. Big strong mega damage critter that was the bottom of the food chain on it's world. Priceless

Lanotar Hunter by Patric Nowak. heh. Visions of Predators dancing in my heads. They just need an invisability cloak and some vibroblades!

Larmac: A LONG time Rifts race given some new infusion of blood and write up. Loved the pic. LOVE the race. This might be my fave of the entire book.

M'Raghiile Treeman by John Philpott. Very nice. I like them. Not sure if I'd play one, as I like my guns and such but I liked the creation and write up.

Malvoren by Levi Johnstone: Nice weapons master race. These guys would make awesome "Bad guys" for a running group. As a PC, they're up there with dragons and such.

Sasquatch: Another by Kev. Love the art you guys have picked for these guys, both here and in Canada. The write up is nice too and the "Worldly sasquatch" Is a nice "exception to the rule" that makes them playable. granted I"d probably give mine an OOC (( Yeah I know rules say no)) anyway, but I like the mental image and what not.

Vintex Warriors, By kevin, inspired by Mr Williams the 3rd? I've seen these guys in more than one of Freddy Williams art work peices and I've always wondered "Dude, what's that froggy guy? He looks AWESOME

Now I have them. they might tie for my fave of the book with the Larmac.

All in all a great book and an INVALUABLE resource for rifts.

It's a "CORE" book if I ever saw one. You need Rifts Unlimited, CS war campaign, Aftermath, and now, DBees of NA.

Congratulations guys. Great work.

Oh, and Ms Love? I LOVE Your artwork.

Adam Withers, Love your stuff too.

Michael Mumuh, great work as well. I love your style.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Thanks, Pepsi Jedi.

I thought Mumah did a great job on the Ecto-men too.

BTW, this is not the first appearance of the Larmac as a fully statted out D-Bee race. It originally appeared in SoT4 ( though it was first seen in the ole RMB, as we all know).

~Josh
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Yeah I saw it there but this one was umber detailed and very nice. I like those guys and they've been around ever since an untitled appearance way back like 15 years ago in my first rifts book.

Good stuff. Good work gentlemen!!

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Josh Sinsapaugh

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Yeah I saw it there but this one was umber detailed and very nice. I like those guys and they've been around ever since an untitled appearance way back like 15 years ago in my first rifts book.

Good stuff. Good work gentlemen!!

It's more detailed? I didn't read the Larmac as it appears in DBoNA.

Guess I need to reread it.

Thanks for the (unintentional) heads-up.

~Josh
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

You guys are gonna make me blush. Thanks for the praise. I also second the opinion on Mr. Withers' work. Fantastic art.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Stormseed
Explorer

Unread post by Stormseed »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Lanotar Hunter by Patric Nowak. heh. Visions of Predators dancing in my heads. They just need an invisability cloak and some vibroblades!

I think that a Predator would have his ass handed to him by a Lanotar, tho.
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

cutlass wrote:So I'm thinking of buying this one beut exatly how many Dbees are new here? I'd hate to buy a book where I own already more than half the same info in other books...

You know going in that the book is in part a compendium of existing races, compiled into one volume and updated. That said, there are more than 30 new ones, I believe.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Josh Sinsapaugh

Also, some of the "old" D-Bees never had complete stats or descriptions until now.

~Josh
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

I've got a question -- not that I'll follow the rule myself anyway -- but in this new era of Rifts where more and more RCC's are able to ditch their "generic native rcc" skill set and opt for an OCC, why was the Pogtal -- which has a higher IQ stat than humans -- specifically denied the ability and labeled "they are what they are" and given their thug only rcc skillset. Crap like that is for a 2D6 IQ race, or something even less, imo and not a 3D6+1 IQ race. Especially one that comes with as much base PPE as a Pogtal does. They're one of the few truly perfect battle mage monster races in the game, given their base stats and abilities.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Josh Sinsapaugh

Whether or not a given species is a race (can pick an O.C.C.) or an R.C.C. (cannot pick an O.C.C.) has little or nothing to do with I.Q.

Rather, it is because of the species's genetic makeup, which places the species into a metaphoric box of sorts, one where genetic parameters limit it to a certain skill set. This is true of the Pogtal.

~Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

Ninjabunny wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Whether or not a given species is a race (can pick an O.C.C.) or an R.C.C. (cannot pick an O.C.C.) has little or nothing to do with I.Q.

Rather, it is because of the species's genetic makeup, which places the species into a metaphoric box of sorts, one where genetic parameters limit it to a certain skill set. This is true of the Pogtal.

~Josh
Thats, the best way I've ever seen an R.C.C and race explained. Can I use that?

I don't see why not.

~Josh
Temporalmage
Hero

Unread post by Temporalmage »

Question:

The Nuhr Dwarves special weapons now list them as requiring a PS of 26 to use or suffer a -3 to strike even on aimed shots.

Niether CS Navy book nor Book of Magic lists such a hinderance.

I wanna know why the sudden change.
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I woulda thought the Posluzniks would have had somewhat better endurance...or at least a bonus or two to save versus disease/infection...after all, their race has been working around bodily fluids and corpses for millenia....not to mention transplanted tissue and their own ministrations....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Temporalmage
Hero

Temporalmage wrote:Question:

The Nuhr Dwarves special weapons now list them as requiring a PS of 26 to use or suffer a -3 to strike even on aimed shots.

Basicly I'm wondering how a 4 pound pistol, or a 10 pound rifle could be harder to shoot (at -3 on even an aimed shot with a PS less than 26); While a 42 pound rifle, the TW Force Cannon out of FoM is easier to shoot (at a -2 on even an aimed shot with a PS less than 22)????? :eek:
Gee, at 10 times heavier, or 4 times heavier, the Force Cannon is still easier to shoot. Does this make sense to anyone else?????
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
Temporalmage
Hero

Ninjabunny wrote:
Temporalmage wrote:
Temporalmage wrote:Question:

Basicly I'm wondering how a 4 pound pistol, or a 10 pound rifle could be harder to shoot (at -3 on even an aimed shot with a PS less than 26); While a 42 pound rifle, the TW Force Cannon out of FoM is easier to shoot (at a -2 on even an aimed shot with a PS less than 22)????? :eek:
Gee, at 10 times heavier, or 4 times heavier, the Force Cannon is still easier to shoot. Does this make sense to anyone else?????
That does make no sence, If anything the negatives should be swithced around.

Why have negatives in the first place?? As I pointed out in my first post, the 1st and 2nd time these items saw print there was no negatives. Yet now suddenly there is. Why change cannon material???
Jason Richards

Temporalmage wrote:Why change cannon material???

Ha. Punny. :)
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Actually a legitimate question.

So is why change canon material?

But the answer is always changing.
Jason Richards

EPIC wrote:
lather wrote:Actually a legitimate question.

So is why change canon material?

But the answer is always changing.

i'm convinced that the writters at PB don't have any solid rules to write by and are just making it up as they go along with out much consideration for what others had already written previously ... essentially we are getting an 'official' version of some one elses house rules.

Uh, none of us freelancers touched the Nuhr Dwarves.

lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

There is definite cases for doing it, but I expect those to be rare. It can get frustrating to have the rules keep changing.

They may be more frequent than necessary or even desired, but that is how things go. Personally, it does not bother me. If I use a source book it is generally not for the updated so-speak rules but the idea, content, or something like that.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

It's gotten that bad :P
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

EPIC wrote:i'm convinced that the writters at PB don't have any solid rules to write by and are just making it up as they go along with out much consideration for what others had already written previously ... essentially we are getting an 'official' version of some one elses house rules.

Can you give some examples? I know that in my case one of the big uses of my time is in research... finding out the Palladium rules and fluff on a subject and making sure my creativity doesn't explicitly violate that; it may add to it, or expand it, but rarely do I work for explicit violation.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Mark Hall wrote:
EPIC wrote:i'm convinced that the writters at PB don't have any solid rules to write by and are just making it up as they go along with out much consideration for what others had already written previously ... essentially we are getting an 'official' version of some one elses house rules.

Can you give some examples? I know that in my case one of the big uses of my time is in research... finding out the Palladium rules and fluff on a subject and making sure my creativity doesn't explicitly violate that; it may add to it, or expand it, but rarely do I work for explicit violation.

not to side with Epic, 'cause I don't pay that much attention to what is "written in stone" anyway -- but didn't a lot of BC's super hero and villain npc's bend if not flat out break HU rules?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Library Ogre

Marrowlight wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

not to side with Epic, 'cause I don't pay that much attention to what is "written in stone" anyway -- but didn't a lot of BC's super hero and villain npc's bend if not flat out break HU rules?

No clue. Haven't read any of Bill's Supers stuff.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Marrowlight
Knight

Mark Hall wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

No clue. Haven't read any of Bill's Supers stuff.

Really? that's surprising. Just not a fan of the HU line in general or?

Library Ogre

Marrowlight wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:No clue. Haven't read any of Bill's Supers stuff.

Generally don't play superheroes. I like to read about them, when the writing doesn't suck (my preference leans towards "Superheroes trying to live a relatively ordinary life."), but playing supers hasn't really appealed to me since we stopped playing Villains and Vigilantes back in Junior High. I like HU well enough, but don't play the genre.

All Palladium Articles
Marrowlight
Knight

Mark Hall wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

Generally don't play superheroes. I like to read about them, when the writing doesn't suck (my preference leans towards "Superheroes trying to live a relatively ordinary life."), but playing supers hasn't really appealed to me since we stopped playing Villains and Vigilantes back in Junior High. I like HU well enough, but don't play the genre.

Makes sense then. You were such a big BC fan (or at least an Ali one) back in the day that I was just caught off guard by that admission on your part. :)

Library Ogre

Marrowlight wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

Makes sense then. You were such a big BC fan (or at least an Ali one) back in the day that I was just caught off guard by that admission on your part. :)

Where the Hel do I know you from, then?

And, actually, I'm still a BC fan. Generally, I've found that his stuff makes sense within the world its designed for, and is reasonably balanced for what it's supposed to be (several of his PF books are really powerful, but they're also dealing with incredibly harsh environments). CJ's stuff tended to make the same sort of sense, but it was only really balanced against itself.

All Palladium Articles
Josh Sinsapaugh

With all due respect guys, you should start another thread if you want to discuss the matter further.

~Josh
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

now since i have the book i was make some comments :D

more target practice for my coalition troopers

more of the old copy and paste , but this time it's cool, instead of carrying around 6 books because of the races inside now i just need the one book :ok:
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Retired Juicer wrote:
With all due respect guys, you should start another thread if you want to discuss the matter further.

~Josh

I agree. This threads gotten a bit off topic.

Question about the bird men.

I know there's a picture of them and I think it's a fine one.

But what are there features exactly? Do they appear to be a sort of half bird half man?

It's not elaborated on in their background.

THe picture pretty much describes them. Your basic humanoid, slightly different internal physiology and with wings. They are lighter, have hollow bones and tend to be on the short side.

Carl
ImageImage
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I just started a new campaign, where three of the four characters are from this book. We have a Ganka Medicine man, and Phlebus Rogue Scholar, a human mind melter, and a Dewtani Knight of the White Rose (gateway knight)
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

Jason Richards wrote:
- Jason: If you're going to use technical terms in descriptions (specifically: Iktek Diggers), use it right. Digitigrade is essentially walking on the balls of your feet. The "backward knees" are the ankles. Even so, still great (we all have the little things that bug us; it doesn't help that I just finished 2 semesters of general biology).

I swear I researched it and that's the name I came up with. Probably a disconnect between looking for a description of a horse's hind legs and the actual definition.

Meh. Semantics anyway... the description got across. :)

I could be wrong here but I believe it's referred to as "Reverse articulated"...

Then again, I only got a C in my required college Biology class.

As for all the book commentary:

KRAKS! I love 'em! Also, the Slurmph are awesome! The Fenni race is particularly cool but I have to say the Malvoren are just too uber-munchy for a typical Rifts setting for my tastes. Now a Malvoren in a galaxy-stomping Phase World setting on the other hand would be friggin' shweeeeet!
ImageImageImage
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

The Drizzit can't speak but can be spell casters... how exactly are they capable of casting their spells without incantations?
This Malvoren business seems a little dodgy to me - going by the description of their abilities they could potentially link themselves with 70 guns and fire them all silmutaneously using only one melee attack. Is this correct? Because if it is, a single Malvoren could easily destroy most gods and Alien Intelligences in less than a minute which seems a little inappropriate.
I think there needs to be more clarification on the limitations of such a power.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Giant2005 wrote:The Drizzit can't speak but can be spell casters... how exactly are they capable of casting their spells without incantations?

they have their own language which is only actually speakable by their unique.....mouth structure. They can't speak human (or dragon or demon etc) languages; they eh....chitter.... and chirp. For the purposes of spellcasting, it works for them.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I promised Josh I’d do this a while back, but sadly between work and … well me being a lazy bastard I just hadn’t had the time to get to this. So here is my official review of the D-Bee’s of North America book.

First off I liked the cover of the book and the art in general in the book, and while I’ll never be a Burles fan they did a good job picking the art for the book I thought. Some like the new Cactus People art seemed odd, but the new Faerie Bot as well as M’Raghiile Tree Men art made up for it.

As to the races, I found many of them to be interesting and ones I’d gladly include in my game. I was happy to see that many of them were SDC creatures, including some insect races which typically seem to get turned into MDC.

There were also some great new races that really inspired me. I really like the Adna Nomads that Josh created. They seem to have a lot of character to them and I can them being a good starting point for a number of adventures. Then there are races in the book like the Ganka which made me chuckle and appealed to me. Not only are they a plant race which usually interests me, but they’re still only SDC AND they don’t look a thing like a human. (One of the biggest issues I still have with many of the races in the Aliens Unlimited book). I can see playing one and enjoying the challenge they would present. And I have to admit I have some fun ideas for my first Kraks character.

Then there were the races that present in previous books. I enjoyed the added detail that we got to many races like the Kremin cyborgs and one of the races that always interested me but before seemed unplayable and a bit limited. I was also happy to see some races that had seemed to have been forgotten like the Lyvorrk as well as the Vernulians make an appearance in the book.

There were also a number of races that I thought would make for great NPC characters like the Shale Bogles, Septumbran Witch Wolves and Obsedai. I can see using them in my games, but not maybe as PC’s anytime soon.

There weren’t that many races in the book that I didn’t like for one reason or another, and the only one that I really saw that could cause problems were the Malvoren which while interesting seem like they would work better in a higher power game then what I usually run, or the Lanotaur Hunters which I’ve already pulled into my ‘NPC ONLY’ group for the most part.

Overall this was a really good book and a great resource for me to pull from for my games, and I like the fact that it makes it so I don’t need to carry nearly as many books when looking for R.C.C.’s and how can I not be happy to finally have stats for the Fingertooth Carpetbaggers? ;)

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Jason Richards

I like how you hated all of mine. :(

Josh Sinsapaugh

Jason Richards wrote:I like how you hated all of mine. :(

:lol:

~Josh
Daniel Stoker
Knight

I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but I did like the 'Cave Armadillos of death' ;)

Daniel Stoker
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

I'm playing a Ganka in Brandon's game and let me tell you, it is very challenging. It's a HUGE deal not being able to see things. I've never played a character who couldn't see colors, facial expresssions, light, words or pictures in a book or on a computer screen. I mean, it's not so bad in combat; the Ganka more than make up for it with their other abilities. You just dont consider some limitations when picking characters. In any case, it's still fun.
Josh Sinsapaugh

Daniel Stoker wrote:

I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but I did like the 'Cave Armadillos of death' ;)

Daniel Stoker

Iktek Diggers?

~Josh
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Iktek Diggers?

~Josh

That would be it... let me guess, that's not one of his either? :p

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:I'm playing a Ganka in Brandon's game and let me tell you, it is very challenging. It's a HUGE deal not being able to see things. I've never played a character who couldn't see colors, facial expresssions, light, words or pictures in a book or on a computer screen. I mean, it's not so bad in combat; the Ganka more than make up for it with their other abilities. You just dont consider some limitations when picking characters. In any case, it's still fun.

I've played a character who only had radar before for vision so I sorta know what to expect. My favorite was being told by one of the other players, "Cut the red wire!" followed by, "Red you say? Maybe you can go with left or right here before I blow us all up?"

Daniel Stoker
Josh Sinsapaugh

The Ikteks are Jason's. :)

~Josh
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:The Ikteks are Jason's. :)

~Josh

Whew! I thought so, but I didn't have the book with me.

Daniel Stoker
Josh Sinsapaugh

Daniel Stoker wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:The Ikteks are Jason's. :)

~Josh

Whew! I thought so, but I didn't have the book with me.

Daniel Stoker

I don't either. My memory skills pwn all. :P

Wait... what're we talking about?

~Josh

Return to “Rifts®”