How Do You?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

How Do You?

Unread post by MikeM »

As I have pointed out in other threads I'm have just recently returned to Palladium. The plea for help brought me back and the news of a new Robotech RPG has me jazzed. I even ordered an X-Mas Grab Bag this year.

Im fairly interested in going to the open house. Even my wife thinks I should go. I live approximately an hour away and think it would be a lot of fun. But I have a question. What do you do there? Do you sign up for certain games before the weekend or does someone scream "HEY, IM RUNNING ROBOTECH!" and everyone who wants to play goes running? (That was a joke)

I think it would be a lot of fun to go, but dont know what to expect.

Thanks,

MikeM
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Mike, welcome back to the PB fold! There will be scheduled games at specific tables, IIRC there were 15 or so numbered tables last year, there were signup sheets at the door and closer to game time they were moved to the table so any remaining spots could be filled before game time. There are also tables available for open gaming, scheduled seminars and Q&A sessions. There is a large shopping area with nearly every Palladium item you could ever hope for and many of the artists will be at the Open House. Most were selling artwork and some were even doing custom drawings.

Lots of GMs posted the games they were running at the Open House on the boards. Not sure if they are going to do early sign-ups this year but they did not last year. If you see a game you are interested in, let the GM know and they are likely to have a seat for you come game time.

Did I mention just standing in the PB warehouse and looking around in awe, more than a few people spent at least a few minutes doing that very thing. Chatting with the staff and freelancers can make the time fly by as well. Last but not least is Carmens KILLFEST, an epic 2 day HU2 PC meat grinder, you have to see it to believe it!

That is a good start and should give you an idea or what to expect, hope to see you there!
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

Most of us didn't know what to expect last year, but it's somewhat organized. I mean it was the first (and at the time, only) Open House, so I think there was a lot of improvising going on There was a schedule posted before the actual event (sort of a tentative schedule of games that were going to run) and on the day of, you would just sign up and play in the games. But there were still just tables where you could gather a group of players and just run something. Not to mention the after hours gaming.

There were also a couple of last minute changes and additions to the schedule as well (panel discussions, tours, etc...). Plus there were a lot of people just hanging out and talking with other gamers and freelancers. I spent pretty much the whole weekend just talking to people. I didn't get a chance to play in any games, but I still had a blast. It's a very friendly environment where EVERYONE there loves the same thing you do (Palladium/RPGs in general). This has been posted a few times, but it's almost like a huge family reunion. It's surprisingly easy to talk to anyone there.

*edit* d'oh. I've been scooped.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Are the panels going on at the same time as the gaming? I would hate to miss a panel because I was in the middle of a game, but I would hate to miss a game because I wanted to see a panel! LOL

MikeM
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Using last year as a guide, the games and panels will be scheduled over the course of the day(s). There is so much to see and do, sadly you will miss something, but don't feel bad, you likely won't notice because you will have such a great time. The schedule should be a little more concrete this year so you can plan to attend the seminars that really interest you.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Reelman and Jaguar Wong pretty much summed it up. There were a ton of freelancers there. Artist and writers. Then there are the folks you probably really want to talk to being Kevin and company. Everyone, and I mean everyone was ready and willing to chat and talk. It really was like a family reunion. Plus Kevin gave the freelancers permission to talk about what projects they were working on so folks at the open house got some good inside info. A few guys who asked me about the Minion Wars got a ton of stuff that I can't even share on the boards. I think its safe to say everyone had a good time. I have not heard of anyone who didn't.

Carl
Last edited by Carl Gleba on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Carl Gleba wrote: A few guys who asked me about the Minion Wars got a ton of stuff that I can't even share on the boards. I think its safe to say everyone had a good time. I have not heard of anyone who didn't.

Boy did we... :shock: . I can't wait for those books to actually hit the shelves now (especially the fourth one).

Oh yeah Mike, something that hasn't been mentioned yet:

You can buy LOTS of nifty stuff there too! :D
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me

Return to “Palladium Open House”