Character Contest via sale of Print is legal and good to go!

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Character Contest via sale of Print is legal and good to go!

Unread post by Kevin »

Character Contest via sale of Print is legal and a go!

For those of you not aware of it, Palladium is selling a new, gorgeous Heroes of the Megaverse® print illustrated by Freddie E. Williams II. It costs ten bucks ($10) plus shipping and handling, and as nice as the print is, there’s more.

Every print you buy gets you a chance to see YOUR name (or your on-line name, or one of your character’s names) turned into an official character in an upcoming Palladium sourcebook/supplement. And not just some mention buried in a paragraph, but a character with some significance and at least Quick Stats. We’ll be picking 10 names at the end of September, October, November and December – 40 total – to become immortalized in one of our game supplements in 2007.

This is a cool, fun promotional event to create excitement, hype and buzz about upcoming Palladium titles and Palladium Books itself. We want to keep people excited about the company and our upcoming releases. We want to bring the fun back into role-playing on every level. For many of you, to have your name become a character in one of our books is a wonderful opportunity, but there is no cash award or physical prize. That’s right, immortality as a published character is better than money or a prize! Right? I said right? :)

Anyway, someone on the Message Boards raised the question that this purchase and chance to have your name become a published character “might” be in violation of State Lottery Laws.

I am delighted to report that my attorney has looked into the matter and everything is fine! Our print sale and the opportunity to get your name selected as a published character is NOT illegal nor is it a violation of the Lottery Regulations.

We are good to go! So get those print orders in! So far, around 200 prints sold -- about 150 people -- currently in contention to have their name become a published character in the Palladium Megaverse. How about you?

A happy . . .
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist and Silly Person
Sept. 15, 2006

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”