dark elves?????

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: dark elves?????

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

mr.joshua wrote:i was wondering if there was anything on elves that are underground.just curious 8)

They're exsactly like any other elf.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I have an elf that looks chinese.......so dark elves would be those with dark skin......they have a genetice variations on par with humans. and have the same propencity for good or evil as humans.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Misfit KotLD wrote:Yes. Underground elves usually had a nice funeral. :D
:D

At such heights I am unwilling to do all that digging. If I did all that digging, I would still be an elf.

Perhaps in time evolve/mutate sort of like dwarves and gnomes, but just the other way round.
Sentinel
Palladin

Re: dark elves?????

Unread post by Sentinel »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
mr.joshua wrote:i was wondering if there was anything on elves that are underground.just curious 8)

They're exsactly like any other elf.

That's the way I've done it.
I usually just give my "dark" elves a greater tendancy to select OCCs that help emphasise their dark natures.
Priests of Dark gods and Supernatural Beings, Witches, Necromancers, Assassins, etc. I build societies around them.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Misfit KotLD wrote:
drewkitty wrote:I have an elf that looks chinese.......so dark elves would be those with dark skin......they have a genetice variations on par with humans. and have the same propencity for good or evil as humans.

Got canon?

*drags one off the pirate ship and hands it to Misfit* I got 7 more where that came from. I'll sell them to you cheap.

As far as elves having the same propencity for good or evil as humans, its in the PF main book under allinment: any.

as for the rest of what I said.... *shrugs* it doesn't really change the game, so why worry about it ?
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I always wonder why people want to import all the David and David ideas to Palladium. I rather like it being different. No knock on the other system, I just like the systems to be different.

Also, why would creatures who live underground have so much pigment? Wouldn't they be pale?

-Vek
"If Dark is in their heart, maybe more prone to evil, not skin."
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

While I'm no fan of the Underdark, I support the notion of alter-elves. Long lived folks who've been around for tens of thousands of years who like to disrupt magic like it's a virgin on prom night? Yeah, they're bound for a race altering accident or two.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

With my "chinese" elf she is only 4'-11", and from the other side of "The Barrier of Purity" (other wise called the black wall from the other side) and because of their isolation, her people have gone down a different genetic pathway then their brotheren else-where's. It was only recently that they did dare cross the barrier of purity when sending one of their own to do her journyman's travelings.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

I think the closest thing to a 'Dark Elf' Palladium has in cannon is the Kildred (LoD I: The Chaos Lands), in respect to their dark blue skins and pointy ears, but even that is a long shot (as they really have no relation to elves, beyond pointy ears), and I think that is a good thing!

Cinos
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
drewkitty wrote:I have an elf that looks chinese.......so dark elves would be those with dark skin......they have a genetice variations on par with humans. and have the same propencity for good or evil as humans.

Got canon?

Don't have the book in front of me right now, but isn't there a black elf on the cover of the Atlantis book?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

MaddogMatarese wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:

Got canon?

Don't have the book in front of me right now, but isn't there a black elf on the cover of the Atlantis book?

By Gorge I think he has a point.....there is a dark skinned leaf ear chick on the cover of Atlantis.

http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/Rifts_Atlantis/RWB2-Cb.gif

Ok that is sort of an indirect support of my point that not all elves are the same...just like not all humans are the same.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Misfit KotLD wrote:
drewkitty wrote:
MaddogMatarese wrote:

By Gorge I think he has a point.....there is a dark skinned leaf ear chick on the cover of Atlantis.

http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/Rifts_Atlantis/RWB2-Cb.gif

Ok that is sort of an indirect support of my point that not all elves are the same...just like not all humans are the same.

And we've gone around and around about using art as canon. It does NOT work, much as we'd like it to.

Well sence its not a real important point I'm not one to argue. But is something to think about if you want to put a little color into your char that doesn't effect the game stats.

It might change the course of the game as the unique elf char gets persued by ummm ... slavers and other collectors of the rare and exotic.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Elves are Elves are Elves.

Humans are where it's at, if you're looking for a race with "corrupted" and "dark" versions of itself, where the change is actually in the person and not the skin tone. Yin-Sloth Jungles has the hookup for all the races of former humans, now twisted by the gods.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Misfit KotLD wrote:
It isn't a big deal, and I would like art and flavor text to match game mechanics. Then again, maybe I'm crazy. :?

that is part of it, there isn't much discriptive flavor text on elves in the books to preclude the variations I've been talking about.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Misfit KotLD wrote:And definately not enough to assume them. making it the realm of GM fiat.

*looks around ....this way and that.... opens the door of the GM's Fiat, hotwireing it, and drives it off.....*

Muhuhahahahahhahahaha "I Have The Fiat!"
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

J. Lionheart wrote:Elves are Elves are Elves.

Humans are where it's at, if you're looking for a race with "corrupted" and "dark" versions of itself, where the change is actually in the person and not the skin tone. Yin-Sloth Jungles has the hookup for all the races of former humans, now twisted by the gods.

I normally do it on hair and eye color m'self, not skin tone.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Dark Elves are maniacal power hunger schizo megalomaniacs with a drive for ultimate alchemy! You should all fear their name!

:x
Marrowlight
Knight

The Dark Elf wrote:Dark Elves are maniacal power hunger schizo megalomaniacs with a drive for ultimate alchemy! You should all fear their name!

:x

This is like a Spirit appearance if you use the word spirit. :)

UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

drewkitty wrote:
MaddogMatarese wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:

Got canon?

It could be a jungle elf from one of the South America books. Atlantis would be taking them as slaves.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

drewkitty wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:And definately not enough to assume them. making it the realm of GM fiat.

*looks around ....this way and that.... opens the door of the GM's Fiat, hotwireing it, and drives it off.....*

Muhuhahahahahhahahaha "I Have The Fiat!"

:lol:

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”