What's in your Open House goodie bag?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Yes that was Kev's personal toy collection, we collected it over 20 years. Hit a lot of old Childrens Palaces when they went out of business, Montgomery Wards when they went under and any other discount/cheap toy place we could. A number of those toys were brought back from Southeast Asia by me when I was traveling there. It is impressive...
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

I don't have it with me, so these are estimates

Unread post by Subjugator »

I don't have the stack of loot with me, but these are the estimates (some things that are listed specifically are known to be owned):

1. About 20 random Palladium books
2. A signed and sealed case of Rifts: Ultimate Edition (not the gold limited edition but the regular one)
3. Two printer's proofs of Rifts: Ultimate Edition (limited edition, but un-numbered - one signed by Kevin as being such)
4. The original artwork for the cover of Robotech: Southern Cross
5. Some Recon artwork
6. An Akira original animation cel
7. A number of Robotech original animation cels
8. A number of quasi-random original animation cels
9. A ton of Vince Martin and Kevin Siembieda original art
10. The original art for the Mark V APC in the original Rifts Main Book
11. About five shirts (various)
12. Some Scott Johnson original art - several pieces (including the gargoyle borg piece from Warlords of Russia)
13. Several prints from various sources (Scott Johnson, Kevin Siembieda, etc).
14. At least one of each book cover that was for sale.
15. A Heroes of the Megaverse print that was donated to a silent auction.
16. An animation cel that was donated to a silent auction.
17. #1 of 50 of the Arzno maps.
18. I *think* #1 of 50 of the Maps of Dyval and Hades - my bid was sixty bucks but I had to leave before the auction was done.
19. A (*beautiful*) large painting of a dragon - done by Kevin Siembieda
20. A set of the small glasses.
21. The set of misfit toys from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
22. One other piece of art that I won't mention until the deal is done. It's a DOOZIE though.

That's all I can remember right now. There is almost certainly more, but I can't remember it all offhand.

Subbie/Dennis
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

If i had had cash I'd have moe but...

1. Rifts Chaos Earth GB print poster
2. Original Apollo character sketch artwork (props to him for doing all of those :ok: He did a TON of them)
3. Palladium 25th T shirt
4. 4 uncut covers

I wanna see the 'borg Rae, It sound hilarious. :D
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

lol. It's not as racy as it COULD have been. hahaha. It is an awesome piece. Duds did a piece for me which was of a country bumpkin girl (ala daisy duke from Dukes of hazard) with a huge bionic arm.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Braden Campbell

Re: I don't have it with me, so these are estimates

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Subjugator wrote:4. The original artwork for the cover of Robotech: Southern Cross

You bought that, eh?

Could you PM me and let me know what you paid for it? I had my eye on it, but it was out of my spending range (if I wanted to stay married, that is).
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Re: I don't have it with me, so these are estimates

Unread post by Brian Manning »

Subjugator wrote:4. The original artwork for the cover of Robotech: Southern Cross

That was an AWESOME piece! It was freakin' huge, and seeing it up close was truly awe inspiring!

And Mark's Borg Rae piece was very cool. She challenged him to draw her in two minutes, jokingly, but he started drawing right away and really busted out a great piece...although he just worked on in a little at a time here and there.

I wish I could have seen all the characters Mark did, but the ones I did see (like 5 or 6 of them). The "Wanderer Wanderer" character he did for Todd was great. I saw him do an awesome Cyberknight for Bob_12 (the character's name of course was Robert XII). He did a killer Wolfen piece, and a partial borg girl with pig tails sitting on the hood of a car (with an oversized bionic arm).

I really do wish I would have busted the sketchbook out now.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Well didn't get quite as much as some of you other guys...

1. RUE Gold Hardcover
2. Rifts Adventure Guide
3. Rifts Aftermath (needed a new copy)
4. PFRPG: Northern Hinterlands
5. PFRPG: Wolfen Adventure Sourcebook
6. Warpath novel

It was all stuff I needed, and hoped it helps Palladium. (Well ok I didn't REALLY need the gold hardcover but it looks cool)
Reddenedone
Adventurer

Unread post by Reddenedone »

1. A wicked pic by the Bros. Manning
2. Robert the Norman by Scott Johnson
3. Bluehair by Scott Johnson
4. Cover art from China 3 by SJ too.
5. Another absolutely cool pic by Apollo
6. Rifter 33
7. Zeleznik coloring book
8. Nightbane Through the Glass Darkly
9. Rifts Arzno
10. Merc Ops
11. Triax
12. Psyscape Poster
13. PFRPG Poster

lucky 13... hehe
Brian Manning

Oh yeah, the loot bag. Mine was rather light as well. I didn't have much room in my luggage, since I didn't want anything getting ruined trying to cram it all in. I even had to buy a backpack at Walmart on Friday night, knowing I'd need something to carry loot. I got (this is combined loot from what Allen grabbed as well, since we pass the books and stuff around all the time):

1. Grammercy Island (HU)
2. Century Station (HU)
3. Zeleznik Coloring Book
4. Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp (Rifts)
5. Rifter 9 1/2
6. Zeleznik Riftworkz portfolio (we each got one of those)
7. Warpth Novel (we each got one)
8. a ton of uncut covers (like 70)
9. Original Legolas piece from Kent Burles (freakin' awesome piece!!!)
10. an original were-jaguar pic from Kent Burles (mine obviously)
11. Print of Scott's Warhammer pic (signed)
12. Print of Rifts Ultimate Edition cover (signed)

Allen wanted that pic of a dogboy or wolfen wearing a tiger skin that Scott Johnson did, but it was sold before we could get the cash together. I wanted that Ghost Hunter pic he did for Beyond the Supernatural, but that one sold FAST.

I was going to grab a bubblegum crisis cell (the one with Linna in her Knight Saber armor with the city background), but I forgot to grab it. I also forgot to grab the prints that I ordered while I was there. I wanted them signed by everyone, but I was so star/fan struck I wasn't really thinking clear around the end of the trip.
Brian-Manning.com
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

• Set of the smaller laser etched glasses
  • 25th Anniversary T-Shirt
  • GM's T-Shirt
  • John Z's Coloring Book
  • Rifter 34
  • All 4 Bumper Stickers
  • Carl Gleba's excellent maps
  • Three Galaxies
  • Anvil Galaxy
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Where to start...

1: Various and asundry books that I still needed (now I have EVERY current book) including Arzno, Adventures in Dino Swamp, Wolfen Empire, Megaversal Builder, the Coloring Book, and various others.

2: Both RUE end sheets.

3: Every Palladium poster there.

4: 30+ uncut covers.

5: Another print that I'm unsure of its origins.

6: A Palladium portfolio with their old address.

7: A starter pack of the Rifts CCG.

8: A ghost Rider action figure from Kev's collection.

9: A limited ed. GB poster.

10: Of course I got my Megaverse United print!

11: A 25th anniversary T-shirt

12: A copy of Warpath.

I'm sure there's other stuff, but I can't think of it right now. I know I spent $200-350 though.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I might miss one or two items, as the stuff is mostly still in the mail rather than here to check, but this is as accurate a count as I can currently provide. I don't have all of the numbers for the limited edition things, I'll add those soon as I can:

Original Art:

1) Original ink cover of Arms of Nargosh Tor, by Kevin Siembieda.
2) Original of the Wolfen throne room from page 10 of Wolfen Empire, by Scott Johnson.
3) Original of Wolvenar from Dragons and Gods, by Kent Burles.
4) Original of the introductory illustration from my Rifter 33 article "Legacy of Blood," by Kent Burles.
5) Original of the illustration for the Cinder Cone spell in that same article, which was also used as the inner cover-art for Rifter 33, also by Kent Burles.
6) Original of the TW Swarm Bow x-bow, held by a Wolfen, graciously given to me by Mr. Burles when he discovered by Wolfen obsession.
7) Original of the Wolfen bust statue from Wolfen Empire page 34, by Scott Johnson.
8) Original of the Wolfen battle line from Wolfen Empire page 37, by Scott Johnson.
9) Original of the Wolfen officer in a lion pelt from Wolfen Empire page 41, by Scott Johnson.
10) A character sketch of J. Lionheart, done for me by Brian Manning.
11) A character sketch of J. Lionheart, done for me by Apollo Okamura

Prints:

12) RiftsworkZ art portfolio, signed and numbered 2000 of 2000.
13) Oldschool print of a dragon by Kev Sim, not used in any book, signed and numbered out of 200.
14) Oldschool print of a pegasus by Kev Sim, not used in any book, signed and numbered out of 200.
15) Signed and numbered HU2 Gold edition endsheet print, number 7 of 30.
16) Signed and numbered oldschool print (1980), similar to left half of the picture portraying all the races from PF1E main book. I believe numbered out of 200. This was from an old game years ago where Kev ran four rounds of the same game, using different players but the same characters. The best player of each character out of the four would receive a version of this print with their character colorized.
17) Uncut print sheet from the old Rifts Calendar. Backside is month of June and the "red borg" image. Signed and numbered 1 of 30.
18) One of the RUE endsheet prints, signed and numbered out of 500.
19) The other RUE ensheet print, signed and numbered out of 500.
20) Signed and numbered print of CS soldiers fighting Atlantean slavers from, I think, one of the SoT series books.
21) Signed BTS2 Gold edition endsheet print.

Other Neat Stuff:

22) Psyscape cover poster (advertising Rifts).
23) HU/TMNT poster.
24) A c.1998 Palladium Fantasy poster, advertising the upcoming Old Kingdom books.
25) Faux-leather art portfolio, embossed with Palladium name and their former address.
26) An extra copy of the HU2 mainbook, 'cause I played in Julius' HU2 game and hadn't brought my own.
27) Palladium Open House edition of Warpath - Urban Jungle, 3X autographed.
28) The limited edition Arzno Map Collection, number 14/50, by Jason Richards.
29) Hades/Dyval maps from Carl Gleba.
30) Palladium Game Master shirt.
31) "I survived the Palladium Open House"/25th anniversary T-shirt.
32) Limited edition Discover the Megaverse T-shirt.
33) My name badges for VIP Friday, Weekend, and Staff. The weekend one is signed by Kevin.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..I had an awesome conversation with Kent Burles and his wife about the creative process; he goes through it the same way drawing that I do when I write. I bought a half page piece that will be in Mad Haven, a CS sub going through the ruins of a city under water.

..I also picked up all but five of the remaining books I don't have; still need the Dinosaur Swamp books, Shadows of Light and the two redone weapons series books.

..I picked up 32 of the covers, one of the limited prints, a 25th anniversary shirt, two of the coloring books, a set of Carl's maps and a print out of the Powers from Powers Unlimited 3 <simpson's voice> "HA ha" ,/simpson's voice>; I had to sit for four hours through Carmen's Sunday game before I got killed to walk away with that copy, but it was worth it.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
MADMANMIKE

..Oh yeah, I have a video close-up of the original art for the cover of Atorian Empire by Wayne Breaux, which was leaning up against a book case in Kev's Office.

-Mike >8]
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
MADMANMIKE

..Oh yeah, and the character for Julius's game printed out and signed by him.

..If I'd been thinking a bit more on the ball I would have had everyone else in the game sign it too.

-Mike >8]
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

MADMANMIKE wrote:..Oh yeah, I have a video close-up of the original art for the cover of Atorian Empire by Wayne Breaux, which was leaning up against a book case in Kev's Office.

-Mike >8]
could you send me a screen cap of that?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Slag

Unread post by Slag »

Open House T-Shirt, Original Manning Bros artwork, copy of Warpath, and $300 in prints earmarked to ship to servicemen & women ala Sub's suggestion.
Fickt nicht mit der Raketemensch!

"I respect you. And unlike love, respect can't be bought" - Homer Simpson.
MADMANMIKE

The Deific NMI wrote:
MADMANMIKE wrote:..Oh yeah, I have a video close-up of the original art for the cover of Atorian Empire by Wayne Breaux, which was leaning up against a book case in Kev's Office.

-Mike >8]

..I'm not sure I should do that; stealing Palladium's thunder on new releases and all...

-Mike <8]
Slag

Unread post by Slag »

MADMANMIKE wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:

-Mike >8]

..I'm not sure I should do that; stealing Palladium's thunder on new releases and all...

-Mike <8]

Yea, that would be a bad idea.

That said, the painting looks AWESOME! :ok:

(Squirm! Squirm with antici......pation fools! Buwahahahaha!)

MADMANMIKE

..Oh yeah, even with Scott Johnson's finger prints on it, lol.

..Hey Slag, kudos on the extra prints for the GI's. When are you leaving for Japan?

-Mike >8]
Slag

Unread post by Slag »

MADMANMIKE wrote:...Hey Slag, kudos on the extra prints for the GI's. When are you leaving for Japan?

-Mike >8]

Later this month. I'd tell you the exact date, but I'd have to kill you. 8-)

"Konichiwa, byches!" - Wu Tang Clan upon being "drafted" by the Asians in a Chapelle skit.

MADMANMIKE

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:dangit! I missed that!

..It was leaned up against the book case near the window in his office.

-Mike >8]
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Spectre wrote:If i had had cash I'd have moe but...

2. Original Apollo character sketch artwork (props to him for doing all of those :ok: He did a TON of them)
4. 4 uncut covers

Unfortunately, it is not something I could post a link to on the boards. It's....racy.....

Ehh...Oh well. She's your woman anyway.
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Spectre wrote:
el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Spectre wrote:If i had had cash I'd have moe but...

4. 4 uncut covers

Unfortunately, it is not something I could post a link to on the boards. It's....racy.....

Ehh...Oh well. She's your woman anyway.

Well, I saw it... :twisted: :P
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
The Galactus Kid

I was there when he drew it...and rae was there too. It was pretty funny listening to Mark Dudley explain what the dials on her breasts were.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I was there when he drew it...and rae was there too. It was pretty funny listening to Mark Dudley explain what the dials on her breasts were.

Now THAT I missed! :lol:
The Galactus Kid

he had a sound for it and everything.

Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Finally recovered and unpacked, here is what I got:

1. PB GM shirt (gray) x2
2. 4 sets of SAMAS minis, going to paint them as Silver Eagles
3. Madhaven shirt
4. Arzno Maps #16
5. Hades Maps
6. Warpath novel
7. Open House shirt x2 (one is for a friend)
8. KS dragon print (for my brother in laws birthday)
9. dozen uncut covers
10. Splynn Dimension Market book
11. Coloring book x3
12. Best of the Rifter
13. Rifter 34
14. 1993 Calendar (the year I was married, KS signed our wedding date).
MADMANMIKE

Rae --*DLDC's girl* wrote:HAH! You've all played into my evil plan of having a thread devoted to a discussion of my *****! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

(I didn't get much sleep last night)

..We didn't actually meet, but I did see you from across the room and I think a thread is well deserved.

-Mike >8]
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

MADMANMIKE wrote:..We didn't actually meet, but I did see you from across the room and I think a thread is well deserved.

-Mike >8]

Wow... that was... honest. :shock: :lol:

Well I guess someone had to say something, I didn't want DL wanting to beat me up. :oops:
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:Hey, as long as I'm the only one "dialing"......

I wish you hadn't said that... a joke popped into my head about a "receiver" and my mind went to a very,

very,

very,

very,

very,

very bad place. If you'll excuse me, I need to go scrub my brain with bleach. :?
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

*ahem* meanwhile...

My purchases were pretty boring.

I bought:

Rifts® Chaos Earth™ RPG
Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook One: Creatures of Chaos™
Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook Two: Rise of Magic™

Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook One: Chi-Town 'Burbs™
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook Two: Tolkeen Crisis™
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook Three: The Black Vault™

John Zeleznik Rifts® Coloring Book™
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Let's keep the posts clean people!
The Galactus Kid

Sorry NMI

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Sorry NMI
Dont worry. I just added a word and its variants to the censor. Its all good now.
MADMANMIKE

The Deific NMI wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Sorry NMI
Dont worry. I just added a word and its variants to the censor. Its all good now.

..Ta-Tas?

..Sorry, I couldn't resist.

-Mike >8]
Bob_12
D-Bee

Unread post by Bob_12 »

1. Mark Dudley character sketch of my cyber-knight. Damn, its amazing!
2. Scott Johnson GB print. Its what got me into RPing...
3. Black Vault
4. Rifts CCG
5. Mechanoids
6. Best of the Rifter
7. Phase World Sourcebook
8. Systems Failure
9. Warpath (really good, by the way)

....And maybe other things, but I'm too tired to think about them right now...
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

I got a rock.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Brian Manning

You got Artwork from MadHaven? Wow.

I really wanted more Scott Johnson and Kent Burles stuff (and Ramon Perez as well... :( ), but I did get a that half page were-jaguar from MercTown that Kent Burles did. It's already framed and hanging in my office.
Brian-Manning.com
nobuddy

More than I should have

Unread post by nobuddy »

I believe I got:

1. Goldfish
2. Coke
3. Several out of Print Rifters
4. Pre-Order 25th Ann. Palladium Glasses
5. Signed/Numbered Set of Zelaznik Cover Art
6. Rifts Men of Magic Minis
7. Signings for several of my favorite/most used Rifts source material
8. Original Apollo drawing of Rahu-Man Mind Melter (comissioned)
9. Original Apollo drawing of a Ley Line Walker
10. Original Apollo concept sketch of a really cool spaceship (the sketch was cooler than the finished drawing)
11. Several Bumper Stickers
12. 25th Anniversary T-Shirt (which I wore during the weekend)

I also got a couple of things that ended up not coming home with me.

1. Original Apollo print of a Mark V APC (which I gave to Jamie for his gaming)

And the coolest thing I bought at the Open House did not leave with me. Originally started as just something cool (to get everyone I could to sign it), it ended up taking on a life of it's own. In fact, I had to mat it so I could get more signatures...but in the end I had to give it to Kevin on Sunday, just before leaving (of which pictures were taken, 2 of the three that I appeared in...that I am aware of...otherwise I could have remained out of the spotlight completely).

1. Limited (one of a kind, actually...) Open House Edition Autographed (and I don't mean just from Kevin) print of Heroes of the Megaverse (slightly modified with silver and gold paint pens...a brilliant idea that I had at 2:00 Sunday Morning) matted in black and framed in silver painted wood (part of the same brilliant idea that gave rise to the paint markers)

Hopefully, a close up digitized image of that will show up some time in the near future on the Palladium website...
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
(he/him/his)

Re: More than I should have

Unread post by Xar »

nobuddy wrote:I believe I got:

And the coolest thing I bought at the Open House did not leave with me. Originally started as just something cool (to get everyone I could to sign it), it ended up taking on a life of it's own. In fact, I had to mat it so I could get more signatures...but in the end I had to give it to Kevin on Sunday, just before leaving (of which pictures were taken, 2 of the three that I appeared in...that I am aware of...otherwise I could have remained out of the spotlight completely).

1. Limited (one of a kind, actually...) Open House Edition Autographed (and I don't mean just from Kevin) print of Heroes of the Megaverse (slightly modified with silver and gold paint pens...a brilliant idea that I had at 2:00 Sunday Morning) matted in black and framed in silver painted wood (part of the same brilliant idea that gave rise to the paint markers)

Hopefully, a close up digitized image of that will show up some time in the near future on the Palladium website...

Dude, that was truly an awesome gesture that you made. I'm proud to just have my name on it.

I have several pictures of you, I just haven't posted them yet. (cause I'm even more of a slacker than I am a lurker.) But they will be posted.
~Xar~

Warwolf

Re: More than I should have

Unread post by Warwolf »

Xar wrote:
Dude, that was truly an awesome gesture that you made. I'm proud to just have my name on it.

I have several pictures of you, I just haven't posted them yet. (cause I'm even more of a slacker than I am a lurker.) But they will be posted.

I'll second that notion. Sorry for casting the spotlight your direction (I was the guy who gathered the other fans), but you deserved some recognition. It was truly a special moment, and I figured the others would like to have their small part in it as well. I know I'm glad I could see Kevin's reaction and have my sig on it along with the others. :)

I just wonder if it ended up in his office or his house? :D
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

BonerKill wrote:
dark brandon wrote:I got a rock.

lol, nothing like Phil & Dixie.

I believe he was referring to the Charlie Brown Halloween Special. :D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Behold my thread Necromancy!

Anyway, this year I only bought a little.

Two copies of Machinations of Doom
Two copies of D-bees of North America
Rifts: Sourcebook 1, Revised
A packet of greeting cards as a gift.

Well, actually, I spent more than last year, but two of them were for someone else.
~Xar~

MADMANMIKE

..Don't feel bad, I've had problems too. After scrimping and saving for the past few months, I had enough money to get there, eat a bit less than I would have liked, and buy D-Bee's of North America. That's it.

..The newest book I bought before that was MadHaven, and the renewal of my Rifter Subscription.

..It was still an awesome weekend though.

-Mike <8]
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

I picked up:

1 - 2 copies of Machinations (Signed by Ramon, too bad I was running games all weekend and by the time I got to his table he was packing up).

2 - D-Bees of NA - Signed by everyone that was still there on Sunday afternoon.

3 - 4 packs of greeting cards

4 - Copy of Heroes for a friend

5 - Copy of Bionic source book for a friend

6 - A stack of uncut covers from all the books in the last year or so

7 - 2 books of stamps

8 - 4 shirts (Jason Richards, Rifts Polo, PB Going thru Hell, and F---ing Brilliant)
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Other than meeting a bunch of wonderful people and a head full of awesome memories?

I picked up much less than last year myself (partly due to the rental car company trying to screw me). My total haul was:

1- D-bees of NA, signed by several of the contributors (artists and writers)

2- Machinations of Doom (signed by Perez)

3- About twelve more uncut covers, a few signed by Kevin (one of which got shipped to Zig-Con for a prize).

4- An Alien queen from the Aliens line of action figures (my chest-burster from my original one was lost in a move).

5- Riftsworks Z (# 4/2000, which Subbie wanted to mug me for :lol: )

6- Seeing my friends go nuts about the possibility of doing stuff for Palladium (one an artist, the other a writer).

7- A few really crazy compliments from the likes of John Zeleznik, John Philpott, and Kevin Siembieda.

8- To meet some of the fans and freelancers I didn't get to last year.

9- All the pictures that have been posted so far (and only a handful where you can see my face... thankfully :lol: )

10- Chatting at length with Alex, Julius, Whiltierna Aria (keeping her real name a secret for her sake), Joe Bergman, Chris Guertin, Josh Hilden, Dennis Hughes, James Brown, and other official and honorary staff.

That's about it... I really need to write up my Open House synopsis. :-x <- Doh!
Brian Manning

MADMANMIKE wrote:..Don't feel bad, I've had problems too. After scrimping and saving for the past few months, I had enough money to get there, eat a bit less than I would have liked, and buy D-Bee's of North America. That's it.

Dude, you could have hung out with me, I would have given you half of the WhiteCastle burgers I was eating. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten so sick if I did that. I ate like crap all weekend, except when I left (Famous Dave's rocks!). Even with all the brownies, cookies and buckeyes I ate I still lost a pound after getting home (man fast food is the DEBIL!!)

As for my loot...much less than last year.

- original art from Ramon Perez: Bushwacker OCC from Rifts Australia

- Butternutsquash comic (I read them all, but I had to get one for my brother, so he would know what he was missing out on).

- Original art from Kent Burles: Captain Jack Sparrow (the one Kathy didn't buy).

- 2 prints and a sketchbook from Comfort Love and Adam Withers

- Machinations of Doom (signed)

- another copy of D-Bees of N. America (signed by as many people as possible)

- Systems Failure (already had a ton of signatures inside when I bought it, but I got Zeleznik to sign it as well)

- brownies, cookies, buckeyes. :D (delicious!!)

and most importantly....

- tons of helpful tips, inspiration, and influence from the other artists there. They were all awesome, great to talk to and hang out with, and they all either directly or indirectly helped me figure out some new things to try, and different approaches I can take from now on. Just doing sketches on Saturday and Sunday gave me a TON of confidence in staying loose and getting things down on paper easier (I've never done convention sketches before, so it was very helpful).
Brian-Manning.com
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Jaguar Wong, I didnt know you were there. Oops, next time I will pay more attention to the name tags on the tables.

My loot.

Original Print of some anime chick from Apollo Okamura. Also a glossy print of the same chick. Image appeared in Rifter 11, page...36

Color Print of a Blind Warrior Woman, again from Apollo

Color Print of Promise of Power Homage, again from Apollo

Original Print of Twilight (villain from Gramercy Island) from Scott Johnson

Color Print of Psylocke (X-Men) from the wonderful Comfort Love

Color Print of Archangel (X-Men) from the wonderful Comfort Love

Rifts: Machination of DOOM

Rifts: D-Bees of North America

Powers Unlimited 1

Powers Unlimited 2

Rifts: Splynn Dimension Market

Palladium Postage Stamps

Palladium Greeting Cards (I happened to get a package of the same image, so Kevin is sending me a correct package).

2 toys from Exo-Squad/Robotech

Window Stick for my car with the Rifts Logo
Brian Manning

The Deific NMI wrote:Jaguar Wong, I didnt know you were there. Oops, next time I will pay more attention to the name tags on the tables.

LOL, seriously? I said hi to you a couple of times, and we even made the snaggletooth joke again. I didn't have "Jaguar Wong" written on the name card or badge this year. I did have "CIA Director" on my badge, though.
Brian-Manning.com

Return to “Palladium Open House”