BTS supplement books

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

tmk2323
D-Bee
Comment: Ahhh to game is great
to win at the game is nice
to game with friends is the best

BTS supplement books

Unread post by tmk2323 »

Ok then when are the tome grotesque and Beyond arcanium actually coming out???
It has been show they should have already been out.
I would like to BUY them but it seems they are not going to be released, or even printed.
Could any one give me the details on these two books?
thanks

Unread post by Guest »

This message has been moved to the Beyond the Supernatural™ Forum, where the topic is more applicable and appropriate. If you have a problem with how this post was handled please direct all inquires to deific.nmi@gmail.com, including the url to the post in question.
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Der Klown Formerly Known as Necromancer Bob

Unread post by Beelzebozo »

Check the other topic. Currently, my bet is that they won't see the light of day.
Beelzebozo, Your Friendly Neighborhood Clown Demon

"More surprises than getting to third base with a transvestite!"

http://www.eldritchengines.com
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

Agreed. If they do come out at all (which I'm not betting on), it will most likely be sometime next year at the soonest. BTS just isn't a big priority.

pax
Ø
tmk2323
D-Bee
Comment: Ahhh to game is great
to win at the game is nice
to game with friends is the best

That's a shame

Unread post by tmk2323 »

Really BTS can be strong but, it needs to be backed up.
The second editon is really missing a lot by not having the magic or more monsters in it.
oh well hopefully they are at least printed.
I would buy them but where are they???????? :eek: :shock: :?
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Re: That's a shame

Unread post by Marrowlight »

tmk2323 wrote:Really BTS can be strong but, it needs to be backed up.
The second editon is really missing a lot by not having the magic or more monsters in it.
oh well hopefully they are at least printed.
I would buy them but where are they???????? :eek: :shock: :?

Short answer? Everything in real life is distracting KS I imagine.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Der Klown Formerly Known as Necromancer Bob

Unread post by Beelzebozo »

tmk2323 wrote:oh well hopefully they are at least printed.

They're not even written yet, much less sent to the printer. And as long as Big Kev is convinced that Rift$ is the way to "save" his company...you know the rest.
Beelzebozo, Your Friendly Neighborhood Clown Demon

"More surprises than getting to third base with a transvestite!"

http://www.eldritchengines.com
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Beelzebozo wrote:

They're not even written yet, much less sent to the printer. And as long as Big Kev is convinced that Rift$ is the way to "save" his company...you know the rest.

Hrm....so hating on Rifts for the sake of, or do you honestly believe if BTS had 40 books to it, it would've done as well for Palladium as Rifts had done up until the recent troubles?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Marrowlight
Knight

Sightblinder wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
Beelzebozo wrote:

Hrm....so hating on Rifts for the sake of, or do you honestly believe if BTS had 40 books to it, it would've done as well for Palladium as Rifts had done up until the recent troubles?

Perhaps not quite as well as Rifts has, but if BOTH had seen support, then heck yeah...I mean CoC is still going, WW has most of their series going strong still, as does Eden Studios stuff....

No offense to BTS....but even with 40 books I don't think it could hold a candle to WW. And I don't really like White Wolf...but still, never really seen anything in either edition of BTS that makes me scream "dominant force of the RPG industry"

Marrowlight
Knight

Horror games with something to latch on to do ok - WW and CoC both survive because they're pimping off of something else, not just their pure content. Palladium's horror game was always too human first, too meta plot light (that'll bring sentinel) to grab the attention those games had.

Hell I'm still shocked to see CoC around. It's a snuff film of an rpg and truth be told I know more people who've played Toon as a long term campaign than they have CoC.

Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Marrowlight wrote:
(that'll bring sentinel)

You crave my company: Admit it.

One of the strong points for me with BtS were the types of Player Characters and the monsters they fought. I liked the Palladium System, and was getting into N&SS at the same time.
The lack of meta-plot gave me more creative freedom to tailor the campaign to the tastes of me and my players.

I didn't care for the system of Mayfairs' Chill, and I didn't like the tone and tenor of V:TM from WW either.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Marrowlight
Knight

Sentinel wrote:The lack of meta-plot gave me more creative freedom to tailor the campaign to the tastes of me and my players.

Hey guess what - whether it is there or not you have creative freedom. Just ignore it. ;)

You're a smart guy - I know you didn't need those 20 pages for a bunch of extra spells or gear you weren't going to use anyway. All in all it just would've been a 20 wasted pages for you. :P

Lazlo Kid
Wanderer

Unread post by Lazlo Kid »

BTS can be a great game. But it needs a full time writer devoted to it for it be worked up to its potential. Right now, based on Palladium's financial woes, I don't see that happening. We'll have to be patient for the time being. (Trust me when I say that hurts me as much as any of you. BTS is my favorite PB game.)

In the meantime...maybe we can help each other out. Like maybe we can discuss possibilities of how the Arcanist could be converted to 2nd edition. Taking into consideration the ISP increase for psychics in the presence of the supernatural, and assuming it will work similarly for mystics, we may be able to figure something out.

We're smart and creative. We can do this.
Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom: "No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less."
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Beelzebozo wrote:They're not even written yet

Incorrect, at least partially.

~ Josh
Stattick
Adventurer

Unread post by Stattick »

Obviously, the promised books in the BTS line need priority. But wouldn't it be cool if Palladium did realease some meta plot lines designed to go with BTS. Sorta an optional, take it or leave it type book(s)/line. So BTS would lay the ground work, and then the optional supplements would be metaplot heavy w/ enough new material to run the stuff in the book. There'd be a handful of OCC's and maybe a few new spells/psi, some new opponents, and perhaps some new equipt in each new supplement. Some supplements would be designed to go with others, while some would more freestanding - sure you need the BTS basebooks, but then you only need the material from maybe three other books.

For instance, Nightbane can be looked at as a semi-BTS line. Many people that buy Nightbane, also buy BTS. In this example, the Nightbane books would have been an optional supplement to BTS, with 4 books in the line. Of course, the "basebook" would have been alot shorter, because we wouldn't have needed rules on how to write up a human, the attribute chart, the insanity tables, etc.
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

felyxz wrote:I finally aquired my BTS and as I went thru it, I read over and over again that the sourcebooks are coming.

I love the different PCC classes and really want the new magic classes instead of just bringing over mage classes from other games (like the chaos mage in Chaos Earth)

Please at least do the Arcanum Sourcebook.

BTS-2 feels incomplete without the magic aspect.

Or at least do little segments in a Rifter.
:crane:

BtS2 is incomplete without its magic aspect. Sadly, even with the ISP changes covered, there's simply not enough information available to adequately convert the original Arcanist to BtS2, or really to port anything from another system.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

See, I like magic as a corrupting agent in a BtS type setting. Knowing that most SN baddies should have at least some magic at their disposal makes its absence in the setting particularly hard hitting. Not having rules for things like demonic summonings, curses and a whole laundry list of other evil stuff that psionics simply can't provide seriously cripples the setting for a lot of GMs and players. Also consider that magic users can trigger increased ISP for psychics and the crippling effect becomes more telling.

Now, if you can play with just psionics and see it as a complete setting, more power to you and your group but you have to realize this places you in a small minority of the people looking at BtS2.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Fyrpower
Explorer

Unread post by Fyrpower »

Atramentus wrote:The books will come out! I've sacrificed enough people now that it's a certainty! If needs be the ritual is so strong that KevSim will rise from the grave even to complete the books, and I have minions in place to see that it gets printed (in that event).

I think the best way to get the books published would be to put conversion notes in for other games (i.e. Rifts) in a similar format to Palladium Dragons and Gods. That way Palladium will cash in on BTS products and keep both Rifts fans and BTS fans happy. I have been saying this for ages now but people keep getting the wrong end of the stick...I am a Rifts fan, if these two future supplements had Rifts conversion notes, I would buy it. Big hint and tip there.
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

acronyms galore!

Unread post by count zero »

Sightblinder wrote:I just don't think that they'll come out...

It took nearly a decade for 2E to come out after it was advertised, I have no hope of the supplements for it coming any faster than that either, despite KS's words of encouragement....

Amen.

And didn't KS say there'll be new books for PF in the near future (i.e. 2007 or so) as well? Do you think we'll see the BtS or PF books first? Assuming we see any books at all for either line in the next few years.

Ø
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I pre-paid in april for both when its release date was may and july so they better come out soon or I won't support this line any more. I want to read them so bad but their so far behind now its frustrating. Maybe their being aged like a fine wine. I hope so.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

felyxz wrote:I finally aquired my BTS and as I went thru it, I read over and over again that the sourcebooks are coming.

I love the different PCC classes and really want the new magic classes instead of just bringing over mage classes from other games (like the chaos mage in Chaos Earth)

Please at least do the Arcanum Sourcebook.

BTS-2 feels incomplete without the magic aspect.

Or at least do little segments in a Rifter.
:crane:

Yes yes it does feel like its incomplete without magic and the big baddies are needed.
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

SkyStreak wrote:
Sightblinder wrote:
SkyStreak wrote:The art is all ready for Tome Grotesque, and from what I have heard, KS has been working it on the back burner for a while. I'd be willing to bet that once he gets started on it, the book will poractically write itself.

Have faith.

Yeah, but he had BtS2E on the backburner and it took what? A decade...and even then, it got split into three parts and only 1/3 is done....hmm, you may be onto something...extrapolating...so it should take what, like 3 years total to get this third of a setting done?

1/3 done? According to most people, the only thing that is needed to 'complete' the game is rules for magic which will appear in Beyond Arcannum (I don't fully agree with those people though).

Most people?

Know them all personally do you?

Id love to know what you based that on.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”