Fantasy Hero "Celebrity" DEATH MATCH 2006

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

WHO WOULD WIN THE 2006 FANTASY DEATH MATCH!!??!!??!!

Willow (with wand, spells and bag of acorns)
5%
Conan (with hardly any armor but a nasty sword/axe combo)
8%
Wesley (with mask, fencing blade and iocane)
10%
Kull (with shield, axe and frozen breath)
No votes
Aragorn (with the mended sword of Gondor, and herbs)
3%
Xena (with "frisbee," sword and bad choreography)
5%
Hercules (with only incidental, improvisational weapons)
3%
Gandalf the Grey (with sword & staff)
31%
Eowyn (in armor, with shield and sword)
No votes
The Nazgul Witch King (with that nasty spiked/chained weapon)
5%
Arwen (with elven sword and draft horse)
No votes
Madmartigan (armored and with that sword he used in the final battle)
8%
Sorsha (same as Madmartigan, + bow & arrows)
No votes
Boromir (as he appeared in his last fight scene, with horn too)
2%
Lord Cane, from "Willow" (skull mask, nasty sword and always yelling)
No votes
Lancelot, from "Excalibur" (plate armor, no helm, sword)
No votes
Lancelot, from "First Knight" (light armor, two swords)
No votes
William Wallce, from "Braveheart" (kilt, sword, half a blue face, vengeance)
No votes
Prince Colwyn, from "Krull" (with that boomerang thing and sword)
2%
"The Ninja," from "Revenge of the Ninja" (with ninja-to sword, ninja explosives, caltrops, nunchaku)
5%
He-Man, from "Masters of the Universe" (with the Sword of Greyskull)
8%
Van Helsing (with 1800s "James Bond" stuff)
2%
Legolas (with bow, arrows and sword)
3%
Gimli (with axes)
2%

Total votes: 62

Gallahan
Adventurer

Fantasy Hero "Celebrity" DEATH MATCH 2006

Unread post by Gallahan »

If all of the fantasy characters listed were placed in a "Beyond Thunderdome" styled arena the size of a small football stadium in a secluded location, who do you think would win?

Note: each fantasy character is armed with his/her traditional weapon(s), is well rested and freshly bathed or hosed down from a distance with warm, soapy water.

NOTE: These characters are limited to ones that made appearances in movies and/or on TV. I'm sure I forgot some good ones too, but tried to make the list as complete as possible to provide hours of painful entertainment.
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Gallahan
Adventurer

Willow can wait while everyone tries to annilihate each other, perhaps hanging out with the women in the melee. Then, as opponents try to take him out, just for the fun of it (and greatly underestimating him), he would shape-shift that person into a pig.

Then, as the battle wears on and after one of the women slay the Witch King --who cannot be hurt by any *man*--, he can toss acorns at anyone who attacks him, turning them to stone.

After that, he can use his disappearing pig trick on the last survivors. :)

Gallahan
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Gandalf. Ridiculously powerful otherworldly magic wielding entity, with the strength to defeat a Tolkein Baalrog, and rise again even more powerful after that.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Tough call. So many favorites here to choose from.
Part of me leans towards Conan, but then again, there's Aragorn.
Of course the Witch King of the Nazgul can't be hindered by mortal man...
so many choices.

Sentinels' head hurts.
Sentinel must go lie down.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Blue Eyes
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Blue Eyes »

hey

Gimli of course, nothing beats a grumpy pissed off dwarf with axes :)

c ya
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

What about:
Hawk the Slayer (with elven Mindsword)

He'd win for sure.
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Severite »

Yes, gandalf.........for ay questions go see the silmarillion

short version: not mortal
domus est itire cum etiam tenebrae sordida
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Stormbringer sneaks into the dome and drinks all their souls.

Oh yes, as for Gandalf not being mortal (Middle Earth equivalent to a fleshform angel) he is still quite killable.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

Yes, he can 'die'. Of course, whe goes he 'dies' he goes across the sea.....oh, I guess he didn't really die :P

Ah, yes, I think the race name is Ishtari? It has been a long time since I read those.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

This contest comes down to 2 choices, Gandalf and the Witch King. As long as the Witch King can eliminate/get someone else to eliminate all the females the battle goes to him. Plus doesn't his sword turn people into additional Ring Wraiths?
Gallahan
Adventurer

Keep in mind that this is a battle ROYALE. It's an ultimate free-for-all with chaos of the battle going on simultaneously across the entire Thunderdome-styled arena.

So, if the Witch King were fighting off Conan and Madmartigan, one of the women could sneak up and dispatch him. Gandalf is tough, but if he were cornered by several fighters, Willow could easily toss a magical acorn at him; all it has to do is to touch him and GRRRRRRRRrrrrrraaaauuuuuhhhh... he's stone toast.

It's sort of like survivor: the characters might try to finish off the BIGGEST threat first.
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

Well, as to the magic acorns, I dont think that they are as effective on 'greater' beings, as demonstrated on there use on the queen in willow.
Gallahan
Adventurer

Wow. I guess putting Gandalf into the mix really slanted the results! Maybe we'll have to take him out next time! :)
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Wesley of course. Between his brains, his steel, his strength, no
one in the ring would be a match for him. He most likely pour
iocane powder into their drinking water before the match started.
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

The Witch King.

First nobody ever wants to even come close to the wraiths. While Gandalf may be able to put up a fight he still is a male spirit and thus unable to harm the witch king.

If you got the extended version of ROTK then you know that Gandalf wasn't too psyched to be face to face with him.

Basicly all he would need do is hang out and slay anyone who came near. Most of the women listed are pretty twerpy.. Maybe Eowyn might be able to pull it off again, provided she got in close early. But it's not too likely..

Besides lets say the Witch King opts just to use his blade as opposed to his spiked ball and chain. Oh your Aragorn or Herculese.. One quick stab and sooner or later you've got a bad ass ring wrath running arround.
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

Meh, went with Conan. I am pretty sure Howard designed him to be able to kill all men and gods. He would see the petty menagerie in front of him and shout CROM! as went a'cleavin.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I'm going with Conan too. Hard to beat his track record...

Unread post by Guest »

I should point out that William Wallace is a historical character, not a fantasy character.
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Gandalf wins it hands-down.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

Actually........you dont become a ring wraith by being stabbed, Frodo was in danger because he was wearing the one ring, secondly, while (Angelmar? sigh, its been too long since I have read these) the Witch King is bad ass, the only reason he isn't killable is because the ring he wore, otherwise, he would long ago have turned to dust. And even then, they can be broken, pretty much in the same way that the Tower of Morder could be broken, but not ultimately destroyed, because all of those things became bound with the one ring.
However, if memory serves, Gandalf is one step below Sauron; and the Witch King is two step below the Ishtar (other then the near immortality offered by the one ring which puts him at one step), and the other ring Wraiths are two steps below him. Think about, how else could he take on multiple enemies at weathertop?

Hmm, now im really gunna push my memory

Three rings for the Elf lords under ???????????
seven for the dwarf lords in their halls of stone
Nine for mortal men doomed to die
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them
Sentinel
Palladin

docholliday wrote:Hercules isn't mortal... couldn't he kill the witch king?

From the actual Tolkien novel, it's "No Mortal Man", and while Herc is a demigod, he is also a man.
Of course, the rest of the quote is "...can hinder me." Hinderance is not the same as death.

Gallahan
Adventurer

One qualification for the characters on the list was that they had to be in a movie... HOWEVER, that is a great idea for the next deathmatch: literary heroes. And, of course, there will be many cross-overs.

But, can you imagine even considering who would win in a battle between Elric and Drizzt?

Unread post by Guest »

Gallahan wrote:One qualification for the characters on the list was that they had to be in a movie... HOWEVER, that is a great idea for the next deathmatch: literary heroes. And, of course, there will be many cross-overs.

But, can you imagine even considering who would win in a battle between Elric and Drizzt?
Personally, I'd rather see the many ways Gandalf would get his butt whipped by spell tossers from other literary sources.
Severite
Megaversal® Ambassador

mmm, other spell casters, personally, I like Raistlin

Unread post by Guest »

Severite wrote:mmm, other spell casters, personally, I like Raistlin

Raistlin's a good choice, as are Aderyn, Alfred Montbank, Beldin, Belgarath, Belgarion, Bonecrusher, Curtis Macurdy, Dalamar, Eliminster, Faceless/Nameless, Fizban the Fabulous, Goblin, Hanged Man, Haplo, Howler, Jagang, Kiloran, Limper, Lord Xar, Macross the Black, Mirabar, Miranda, Moonbiter, Nevyn, Nightcrawler, One-Eye, Polgara, Pug, Richard Rahl, Shapeshifter, Soulcatcher, Sparrowhawk, Stormbringer, The Dominator, The Great Skeeve, The Lady, Thoth-Amon, Wencit of Rum, Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander, Zifnab, and/or Zulkeh.
The Beast

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:

Raistlin's a good choice, as are Aderyn, Alfred Montbank, Beldin, Belgarath, Belgarion, Bonecrusher, Curtis Macurdy, Dalamar, Eliminster, Faceless/Nameless, Fizban the Fabulous, Goblin, Hanged Man, Haplo, Howler, Jagang, Kiloran, Limper, Lord Xar, Macross the Black, Mirabar, Miranda, Moonbiter, Nevyn, Nightcrawler, One-Eye, Polgara, Pug, Richard Rahl, Shapeshifter, Soulcatcher, Sparrowhawk, Stormbringer, The Dominator, The Great Skeeve, The Lady, Thoth-Amon, Wencit of Rum, Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander, Zifnab, and/or Zulkeh.

I think you left someone out. :P

Unread post by Guest »

MaddogMatarese wrote:
Kuseru Satsujin wrote:

I think you left someone out. :P
I left dozens of spell tossers out, some deliberately (like that WAB Rand from the Wheel of Time, not too mention the other spell tossers in that series), others because they aren't as capable/intersting/useful/fun/etc. (such as Cheylan, Baran, and others from the In Fire Forged trilogy, the later Ten Who Were Taken from the Black Company series (not too mention the annoying Shadowmasters), deities, the various spell chuckers from Wizard's War, any other magic geezers from the MYTH universe, Magrit the Proper Witch from the Joe's World series, ANYONE from Xanth or any of Pier's Anthony's other fantsy series, anyone from David Drake's various fantasy series', the rest of the folks from the Earthsea novels, various magic types from the works of Lynn Abbey, Lloyd Alexander, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Terry Brooks, Steven Brust, Lois McMaster Bujold, Chris Bunch (Though I really should have included at least Tenendos), L. Sprague de Camp, Stephen Donaldson, Dave Duncan, C.S. Friedman, Barbara Hambly, Robbin Hobb, Tanya Huff, Katherine Kurtz, Mercedes Lackey, Tanith Lee, Fritz Leiber, Holly Lisle, Anne McCaffery, George R.R. Martin, Dennis L. McKiernan, L.E. Modesitt Jr., Elizabeth Moon, Michael Moorcock, Andre Norton (Rest in Peace), Melanie Rawn, Mickey Zucker Reichert, Joel Rosenburg, J.K. Rowling, Fred Saberhagen, R.A. Salvatore, Robert Silverberg, Wen Spencer, Michael A. Stackpole, Christopher Starsheff, Tad Williams, Janny Wurts, Roger Zelazny and any authors whose books I haven't read.
Narsis
Explorer

Unread post by Narsis »

What about the Harpells(sp?)? they are an interesting bunch of magic users.
Grimtooth is in charge of Dungeon construction in my games. Proceed with caution!

Link to The Rider RCC I created
viewtopic.php?t=83158

Unread post by Guest »

Lord_Coake wrote:You mean Elminster? He'd wipe the floor with well neigh everybody. He's a Chosen of Mytra. He quite literally has access to the power of a goddess (a little bit anyway). Not mention the magical power that a Human can accumulate over three thousand years.

As compared to say, Belgarath with his 6000+ years? Or Belgarion with his access to an object more powerful than deities? Or maybe Fizban the Fabulous, who, in his own bumbling way has enough power to sink a good portion of a continent? (We won't mention Zifnab :lol: )
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

Xena Wins. because she slays gods and Defeats entire armies buck naked.
Gomen_Nagai

and the only women more powerful then Xena, is Kate Mulgrew, Savior of the universe, 7 times.
Sentinel
Palladin

Ashe from Army of Darkness rulzz over all others.

Gallahan
Adventurer

Well, it looks like that old bearded wizard beat out EVERYONE!! Madmartigan reigned in a close second, but no one else managed to get even close, and Gandalf's lead is healthy.

I suppose that no one would really want to hurt him, choosing to slay each other. In the end, Gandalf probably didn't have to lift a finger or say a harmful word. In fact, if he was smart, he would have spared the women...

:)
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Boromir. First off, if Bormir can kick Indiana Jone's @$$, he can take down Madmardigan, who's achump in the movie. Second, even with three aqrrows in him, you don't know who Bormir was calling. Tell me gandolf, does your magic stop a volley of bullets shot at you by His Majesty's 95th Rifles? I think not! And Boromir has a spy sattelite capable of launching nukes... or something. Look, I forget what the plot device is in Golden Eye.

And if you people haven't seen the Sharpe's series of movies, shame on ye!
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
The Beast

bar1scorpio wrote:Boromir. First off, if Bormir can kick Indiana Jone's @$$, he can take down Madmardigan, who's achump in the movie. Second, even with three aqrrows in him, you don't know who Bormir was calling. Tell me gandolf, does your magic stop a volley of bullets shot at you by His Majesty's 95th Rifles? I think not! And Boromir has a spy sattelite capable of launching nukes... or something. Look, I forget what the plot device is in Golden Eye.

And if you people haven't seen the Sharpe's series of movies, shame on ye!

There's only two people on the list that could beat Indy, and Boromir & Madmrdigan aren't either of them.
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

I didn't say he won the fight. in Patriot Games, Harrisn won by smaking Sean upside the head with a boat anchor. (Oh, and the prop anchor gave Sean a real gash above his eye.)

And of course he's in Golden Eye as well opposite Pierce Brosnan..

And other villainous turns in The Island, and National Treasure...

He'll also be in the upcoming Silent Hill movie.
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
Sentinel
Palladin

The only reason any of these other pansies has a half-snowballs'-chance-in-Hell, is because Chuck Norris doesn't star in Fantasy Movies.

Gomen_Nagai

i am very sure Chuck norris has starred in fantasy movies.

.. ah ok just checked, it was just various lots of BAD kungfu and action and comedy movies for him
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Xena - nobody can resist the Warrior Princess :D.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Sentinel
Palladin

Gomen_Nagai wrote:i am very sure Chuck norris has starred in fantasy movies.

.. ah ok just checked, it was just various lots of BAD kungfu and action and comedy movies for him

Don't forget the Infomercials.
And his very own Saturday Morning cartoon.

Sentinel
Palladin

No stranger than Rowdy Roddy Piper and Billy Blanks.

Sentinel
Palladin

I gotta tell you, I don't even know this guy's stats, but based on the resume I think he could take Gandalf pound for pound pretty well.

Without his stats, it is difficult to fairly quantify him in comparisson to the other characters presented.

Besides, Doctor Strange could take most of these guys.

Whysper

Unread post by Whysper »

Bah!
Chade the Assassin from Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy. Nuff sed. Or if you wanna go there, Cohen the Barbarian from Pratchett's Discworld
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

can't believe this is in the Palladium Fantasy forums and no one has brought up Kevin's own little version of Elminster and Gandalf, Lictalon.

From this guy's scattered resume through PF sourcebooks, we know:

1)He was one of three individuals to have helped create a spell which put the supreme beings of the Palladium Megaverse (Old Ones) into a deep slumber, effectively stopping universe-destroying powers what literally an army of gods, dragons, etc. could not.
2) He conquered and ruled Dyval for a period of time, in spite of the ridiculously powerful beings who dwelled there. (See Dragons & Gods for reference)
3) He found and helped raise the girl who would become the dark goddess Tolmet. (see also D&G)
4) His very name is one of the most powerful Diabolist symbols.

If Lictalon was on that list, he'd get my vote. Don't forget he also created the Great Rift in the Land of the Damned, and helped (if not by himself) create the Northern Wall blocking the way out of the Land of the Damned.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

By the power of grey Skull. Any man who can throw a mountain into space is my man.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

everybody knows mr rogers wins in a bloodstained sweater. duh.

[url]www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/285267
[/url]
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”