Palladins

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

It would only be against the Palladin code of conduct if he attempted this against people who were not similarly armed. Two warhammers against demons, sure. Two warhammers against some brigands with rusty spears? I don't think you're on as firm of ground. Two warhammers against a guy with a knife? Problems.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Nothing wrong with dual warhammers from a technical standpoint. The issue is in how warhammers are wielded. Just like any other bludgeon, they have their weight concentrated in the head of the hammer, farthest from the wielder's hand. If you're using two of these, that is an awful lot of weight flailing about that you're trying to keep under control. If you used lighter weight hammers it could certainly be doable, it just might be hard to control.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Re: Palladins

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Shadowmagic wrote:I will ignore the question about Paired Weapons. Demons and many other Evil beings would be scared of you why? They have the HF. Now, maybe after you dual club him in the head and take away half his life, he might poo his pants!!! :lol:

If in game your character get's a widely known reputation, you might cause an HF effect on monsters who know your rep. I think that would be pretty cool.

Hehe, true, that's a good part of the OP to address as well. A Demon probably wouldn't give a darn, as most demons could whipe the floor with most paladins, regardless of if they are in full armor with dual weapons or not.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Library Ogre

poison dwarf wrote:if theyre allowing giants/ playable creatures from monster and animals try for a rahuman with dual two handed weapons... say pole arms or two handed swords :demon:

Just because you have two hands on the same side doesn't mean you can use a two-handed weapon on one side like it was a one-handed weapon... it's mechanically unfeasible.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Library Ogre

Shadowmagic wrote:2 Two-handed weapons on a Rahu-man would be a bit much. A two-handed weapon in the upper arms and 2 one-handers in the lower arms might work. 4 one-handed weapons might be pretty impressive as well. RUE does actually make reference to 4 armed beings with Paired Weapons, so it is a reasonable scenario.

Sure, those work fine... heck, I've played Thri-kreen, and you can have all sorts of fun with 4 arms. But what he seemed to be suggesting was holding a 2-handed sword on your left side with those two hands, and a 2-handed sword on your right hand with those two hands... and that won't work.

All Palladium Articles

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”