Minion War Crossover

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Hate Minion War was first mentioned in Palladium so they've got not
choice but to include it. Besides since part of the game is taking place
in HU, I'm sure they will have a MDC/SDC conversion as well.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I would be royally pissed if anything to do with the Minion War came out before, say, LoD 3, Phi and Lopan, or any of the other announced-but-not-out-yet books. Let's at least complete the LoD trilogy before worrying about spin-off's from it!
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Kevin said Australia 2 and 3 will probably never be made. He parted ways
with the author of the first book because he wasn't happy about the manner in which certain things were presented in book 2. So axe them
two books. As for the others are they are in the limbo realm.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Reagren Wright wrote:.... Besides since part of the game is taking place
in HU, I'm sure they will have a MDC/SDC conversion as well.

How did you come up with this comment? Its just a bit susspect because HU is an SDC setting just like PF.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

J. Lionheart wrote:I would be royally pissed if anything to do with the Minion War came out before, say, LoD 3, Phi and Lopan, or any of the other announced-but-not-out-yet books. Let's at least complete the LoD trilogy before worrying about spin-off's from it!

Carl's Minion Wars and the projects you mentioned are totally separate from each other. It's about having the authors to dedicate to a project, and I don't know of anybody carrying the torch for LoD3 or Phi and Lopan.

Rest assured, Carl's books will be awesome. They certainly won't be spin-offs of the LoD books. They're an original creation.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Thanks Jason :ok: I always try to include S.D.C. conversions when doing M.D.C. stats. I did receive guidance from Kevin in ways he wants things presented and I would be stupid not to follow his directions.

I also see Hades and Dyval being big for Palladium Fantasy, but they will be Rifts Dimension Books. I don't see a reason why PF gamers couldn't use them. BTW Two books have been completed, three to go! :shock:

Carl
ImageImage
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

I really hope any minion war is mainly tied to PF, as that seems to have the biggest connection to it. Sure rifts has some connection, but it's not a real focues (the closest thing is the Gargoyle Empire), and I hope it will be mainly S.D. I also hope either Siembieda or Coffin writes it (Coffin did a GREAT job on LoD).

Cinos
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Carl Gleba wrote:Thanks Jason :ok: I always try to include S.D.C. conversions when doing M.D.C. stats. I did receive guidance from Kevin in ways he wants things presented and I would be stupid not to follow his directions.

I also see Hades and Dyval being big for Palladium Fantasy, but they will be Rifts Dimension Books. I don't see a reason why PF gamers couldn't use them. BTW Two books have been completed, three to go! :shock:

Carl

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Reagren Wright

Just out of curiosity will this have an ending like Coalition Wars or is it
going to be something that will be continually ongoing? And if it does
end like Coalition Wars will ramifications effect the entire Megaverse?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

My hope for the Minion War book is that it focuses on the PF side of things. Maybe bringing in the minion war that is mentioned in LoD:I.

More PFRPG books is Good

It would be great to have ill Coffin back writing for PB, but after he finished his original manusript for LoD:III he left PB.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Cinos wrote:I really hope any minion war is mainly tied to PF, as that seems to have the biggest connection to it. Sure rifts has some connection, but it's not a real focues (the closest thing is the Gargoyle Empire), and I hope it will be mainly S.D. I also hope either Siembieda or Coffin writes it (Coffin did a GREAT job on LoD).

Cinos

Sorry guys, but Mr. Coffin is not back with Palladium to my knowledge. I am writing the entire series. I think you can count on Kevin Siembieda's input. I have consulted with him on several ideas. I have received some direction from Kevin, I've incorporated some of his ideas into Hades as well. Sorry I can't give more details on the series.

Yes the Minion Wars was inspired from the LOD. At this point I don't see a need to expand on that portion further. I know some folks will like the series and others will probably not like it. In the end I can only do my best and be happy with what I've written.

BTW Thanks Shawn :ok:

Carl
ImageImage
Rpgpunk
Explorer

Unread post by Rpgpunk »

Carl Gleba wrote:
Cinos wrote:I really hope any minion war is mainly tied to PF, as that seems to have the biggest connection to it. Sure rifts has some connection, but it's not a real focues (the closest thing is the Gargoyle Empire), and I hope it will be mainly S.D. I also hope either Siembieda or Coffin writes it (Coffin did a GREAT job on LoD).

Cinos

Sorry guys, but Mr. Coffin is not back with Palladium to my knowledge. I am writing the entire series. I think you can count on Kevin Siembieda's input. I have consulted with him on several ideas. I have received some direction from Kevin, I've incorporated some of his ideas into Hades as well. Sorry I can't give more details on the series.

Yes the Minion Wars was inspired from the LOD. At this point I don't see a need to expand on that portion further. I know some folks will like the series and others will probably not like it. In the end I can only do my best and be happy with what I've written.

BTW Thanks Shawn :ok:

Carl

How about writing some other Palladium Fantasy books as well.
Puroresu
Wanderer

What is Minion War Crossover about?

Unread post by Puroresu »

Specifically, what is the Minion War Crossover about anyway? I know it has something to do with Hades and Dyval. Could someone please give me some more information about it? Thanks.

Puroresu (Brian)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

I know what I want to See for the minon war crossover....

to have it titled PFRPG & Rifts blah blah blah....the importent thing is that the PFRPG comes befor the Rifts.

This is after thinking a while, relizing that there is now way its not going to be a PF book, at least get PFRPG in the title so it will advertise the PFRPG setting to all those poor Rifts players who need their eyes opened to the fantasy rolle playing genra setting of the PB rpg familly.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Freefall wrote:Likely not much. Mr. Nexx submitted his "Mysteries of Magic" manuscript some time ago, and we still haven't seen anything.

To be fair, my manuscript was submitted 8 months behind the deadline, and I've got some fairly contreversial ideas in there... what I've suggested for Summoners, IMO, revolutionizes the O.C.C. but also gives them a HUGE amount of flexibility, and my suggestions for alternate P.P.E. sources are somewhat out there.

Am I impatient for the book to be out? Yes. (You should read the panic-stricken e-mail I sent to Wayne the first month that Mysteries of Magic wasn't on the "Coming Soon" list). But I was the one who submitted it way late, without much warning to them... and at a time when they've had a bunch of stuff coming out.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

I would much rather see them release the books they said they're making before seeing this released.
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

MrNexx wrote:
Freefall wrote:Likely not much. Mr. Nexx submitted his "Mysteries of Magic" manuscript some time ago, and we still haven't seen anything.

To be fair, my manuscript was submitted 8 months behind the deadline, and I've got some fairly contreversial ideas in there... what I've suggested for Summoners, IMO, revolutionizes the O.C.C. but also gives them a HUGE amount of flexibility, and my suggestions for alternate P.P.E. sources are somewhat out there.

Am I impatient for the book to be out? Yes. (You should read the panic-stricken e-mail I sent to Wayne the first month that Mysteries of Magic wasn't on the "Coming Soon" list). But I was the one who submitted it way late, without much warning to them... and at a time when they've had a bunch of stuff coming out.

When was that?
LunarYoma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by LunarYoma »

I would rather see the Land of the Damned book 3 covering the minator nations before anything else coming out.
Lunaryoma
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Marcantony wrote:When was that?

2002, just before my then-girlfriend (now wife of two years) moved out here.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Wow. I've been away for a few weeks now, and what do I find when I log in? A message to me, pointing out this thread! And how do I respond to my buddy who's across the room from me?

"Wow. It looks like I was right AGAIN! PB is kissing off PF in favor of RIFTs!!"

And before ANYONE says that they ARENT kissing off PF, let me point THIS out-

The Minion War was mentioned WHERE?? PF. LoD. And, out of ALL of the books slotted for it (5, I believe), how many are PF? Hrmm... 4 RIFTs (*PTOOEY*) titles, and an HU title. WOW. ZERO of the Minion War (started in PF) books are for PF. What a SHOCK!! Well, then again, it's NOT a shock. Heck, if there WAS a PF book, I'd probably have a heart attack.

--
GS
:bandit:
RIFTs= all PB actually cares about.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”