Exotic Leather Armor

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RockJock
Knight

Exotic Leather Armor

Unread post by RockJock »

Someone had a question about Dragon Scale Armor over in the HU forum, and I could swear there is a list of exotic animal hide armor somewhere in the PF books. Any help?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I can't offhand think of where that would be. Several descriptions of beasts in various books include stats or notes on armor that can be made from their hides, but I don't remember a general list popping up anywhere.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
RockJock
Knight

Thanks for the help Lionheart. That might have been all I was remembering.
Narsis
Explorer

Unread post by Narsis »

I know this post is about exotic leather armor. But have you thought about using the Fyr-kree Insectoids body as armor? I am currently using it and it works great. It states in the Yin-Sloth Jungles book on page 57 that the shell off a dead Fyr-kree Insectoid can be used for armor. The Ar is high and the SDC is great plus you get protection from fire.

I am currently working on an OCC which will start off with this armor. Hope this helps some.

I even used a character generator from a MMORPG to design the armor to the way i wanted it to look.
Grimtooth is in charge of Dungeon construction in my games. Proceed with caution!

Link to The Rider RCC I created
viewtopic.php?t=83158
RockJock
Knight

Thanks the insent plate was fairly close to what I was looking for. I had thought I had read about armor being made from dragon skin, or some other exotic leather with decent sdc and a high AR, but I can't seem to find it. The Drazi use a natrual fiber for cloth that carried an AR. I have used that as the basis for upgraded quilted armor, but that is the best I've come up with.

I know that Rifts has several sets of MDC leather armors, so I figured PF would have something similar. I guess not.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

The only type of armor I can think of made from dragons would be the items that can be made from the blood of the gods of Dragonwright (Dragons and Gods). There is also a Dragon Helm right after that section and a Dragon Slayer Rune Armor (the latter is not made from a dragon but has the word dragon in it and might be what you're thinking of). All of this can be found in the last 10 pages or so of the book. Maybe it's not what you're remembering, not sure. Just thought I'd offer up the information as it came to mind.
RockJock
Knight

I think what I'm remembering is out of Rifts. That you can make Non EBA out of certain kinds of MD animal hides. I would just think that a suit of leather armor made out of an animal with an AR and higher then normal SDC would be stronger then cowhide.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

There is the Fury Beetle Armor in Rifts: Canada. I'd rather use the beetle as a mount then where it (poor thing...)

Cinos
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

in vampire kingdoms and juicer uprisings there are rules for making dragon hide armor.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
RockJock
Knight

There is also the armorer in Atlantis that specializes in hide armors.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”