Rituals

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yes, a ritual approach is important.

Some of the amterial in TTGD for Nightbane should make it into Arcanum (IMHO, TTGD is when Nightbane turned from a supernatural adventure game to a horror game)
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

Oh man, I LOVE to use evil cultists. They're so versatile. Fantasy. Modern Horror. Weird West. You name it: evil cults can fit into any genre, yeah, even RIFTS and any sci-fi. There's something timeless about diabolical and charismatic madmen leading a group of zealots into channeling their power to open a portal or destroy the world. It's classic, and I think is so "fun" to play because maybe it touches upon secrets long ago cast away and shrouded in the softened moments of a shattered, ancient history that only a few people are even aware of. And, plus, characters have a great time dealing with cultists.

Especially if they're dressed as clowns.
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

Ash, be careful! Having the cult of clowns in game runs the risk of your BTS campaign becoming nothing more than a *three ring circus.* :)
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Therumancer wrote: Thus BTS has to be similar to how things work out in RIFTs for this to make sense even if it's not the same world.

Plus, it has already been stated in print that BtS is the world that leads to Rifts, while other genre (HU, NSS, etc) are alternate dimensions.

That's a lot of why I was disappointed with them taking the Chaos Earth spells and mage OCCs off the megaverse standard.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Natalya wrote:
Therumancer wrote: Thus BTS has to be similar to how things work out in RIFTs for this to make sense even if it's not the same world.

Plus, it has already been stated in print that BtS is the world that leads to Rifts, while other genre (HU, NSS, etc) are alternate dimensions.

That's a lot of why I was disappointed with them taking the Chaos Earth spells and mage OCCs off the megaverse standard.

He changed his mind in Rifter 2 (page 18 ) and BtS is no longer the past of Rifts Earth but a dimensional twin that is very similar.
Last edited by Shawn Merrow on Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”