Ugh!

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Ugh!

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Atramentus wrote:Ugh! This board is sooo dead.

It's rotted and festered and covered in gook.

Is everybody busy with the Lazlo Agency site? I stopped reading there entirely. Just no interest to use the bookmark. I don't think it helps that the bright text on black background gives me a roaring headache.

I signed up for the Lazlo Agency site, I think, but haven't been back there since...
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Gawd, that site is like an internet LARP or something. Definitely messing with my mind. People like this especially wierd me out. I like realistic games, but not substituting games for reality. Oh well, to each his own.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Gallahan
Adventurer

Bad Joke Perhaps?

Unread post by Gallahan »

Wow... Really makes you wonder about the person. I mean, was it meant to be funny? Dry "British humor" kind of thing or just meant as a subtle attack on Palladium Books?

This kind of thing can cause spineless authors to pull their support from games. We saw it happen with the X-Files CCG back in the late 90's when Garfield tried to patent *TAPPING* for crying out loud, along with the concept of a collectible card game (CCG). The company producing the X-Files CCG wimped out and immediately stopped production of its game.

I don't think that this was a serious attempt from the person to cause Palladium to either rename the Lazlo Society, but it sure stinks up the room. Personally, I find it neither insulting nor funny. It's just sorta... there. Still, what is the old saying: "He who asserts must prove."

And while the poster sounds feminine, he/she might want to prove that he/she had the Lazlo name BEFORE it was conceived by Palladium, and even then, they must somehow show that he/she weren't influenced by Palladium's first incarnation of BTS back in the early 90s.
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

J. Lionheart wrote:Gawd, that site is like an internet LARP or something. Definitely messing with my mind. People like this especially wierd me out. I like realistic games, but not substituting games for reality. Oh well, to each his own.

Eh.
Just seems like he's using the site to promote the game that the site is about.... probably just for humor value.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Aye, the whole board is in character, so they treat something like the game as a game, while they retain the claim that the board's subject is quite real. I'm sure they know perfectly well what it is (for example, the giant Palladium link on the bottom of every page) but still, it wierds me out.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

actually all the in character stuff got boring when I couldn't get a rpg group to continue posting on that board, So I just kinda stop visiting, They REALLY need an OOC section, it's useless to me otherwise
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

You're in the OOC section now Gomen.

As Lazlo's most prolific poster, I have to say that there are a lot of posts I find questionable (especially the bit about the Game in the Game and the rather frequent use of crossover to Nighbane, Rifts and most recently Systems Failure).

Otherwise I do find the site really interesting in a general sense (which is probably why I'm the msot prolific poster). It's an excellent experiment in integrating an RPG book with the Internet. I've collaborated with several of the posters there to create short stories on the site and there also seems to be a group who were posting campaign summaries.

Unfortunately, when the delay on the follow up books was announced, the forum slowed right down. Hopefully when they do get published the forum will spark up again.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”