Just checking

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Re: Just checking

Unread post by Guest »

Matt-NZ wrote:On page 33 of BTS-2 (where the index says Ley Line boosting rules should be) it says the rules for Ley Line boosting are described elsewhere in the book. Am I blind or are they really not in there anywhere?

They're really not in there anywhere of course.
Lazlo Kid
Wanderer

Unread post by Lazlo Kid »

They'll probably be in Arcanum if that is ever released. :-?
Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom: "No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less."

Unread post by Guest »

ash_wednesday wrote:
Sightblinder wrote:
herblackwings29 wrote:Are there alot of things missing from BTS:2? I've been argueing with myself on whether or not to buy it now that it is out or wait for more reviews....had it come out two years ago I'd have had it already, but since the wait was lengthy I can't decide.

Equipment of any kind, ley line information...

there are like 6 montsers total (until Tome Grotesque comes out....if ever), no magic (it will be in The Arcanum whenever we get that)..

also, there's not a lot of actual setting information...yeah, mood setting stuff, but no locations or anything...
6 FREAKING MONSTERS IN TOTAL??? That's it? What a ripe off! How can we have a game of "supernatual horror" if it only has 6 FREAKING "supernatural horrors"? is there at lest a monster generator?

As I pointed out to Sightblinder elsewhere, the monster section consists of 30 pages covering 16 monsters, only two of which are new (The Boogey Man and Devil Ghost). However, this compares badly to the original BTS's 30 monsters in 40 pages.
Lazlo Kid
Wanderer

Unread post by Lazlo Kid »

Becky, it depends on whether or not you're looking to GM or looking to play a psychic. If it's the latter, the main book is great. A GM will have to do a lot of work to run a campaign though since there is so little there to work with. You can only hope that your BTS GM is good enough to handle the extra work if running BTS2. At least until the supplemental books are released.
Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom: "No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less."
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I'd say the best mix of items to round out BTS2 as it stands right now is a copy of Heroes Unlimited (for the equipment and a little bit of extra setting) and Monsters & Animals for some beasties. As I read it, it also gave me the somewhat gritty feel of TMNT&OS, which I think it would work well with too.

What I really want to know, is what additional stuff is going to be mixed in for Kevin's BTS-2 game he's running at Gen Con? I'm in that, as well as his PF game, but my preparation for the BTS-2 game is being hampered by the lack of material. I'm considering getting the first edition stuff to get some idea of what to expect, but who knows?
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin

Unread post by Guest »

J. Lionheart wrote:I'd say the best mix of items to round out BTS2 as it stands right now is a copy of Heroes Unlimited (for the equipment and a little bit of extra setting) and Monsters & Animals for some beasties. As I read it, it also gave me the somewhat gritty feel of TMNT&OS, which I think it would work well with too.
I'd recommend BTS1 myself. It isn't widely available anymore, but it's still worth it.

What I really want to know, is what additional stuff is going to be mixed in for Kevin's BTS-2 game he's running at Gen Con? I'm in that, as well as his PF game, but my preparation for the BTS-2 game is being hampered by the lack of material. I'm considering getting the first edition stuff to get some idea of what to expect, but who knows?
Get the first edition of BTS1.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:
J. Lionheart wrote:I'd say the best mix of items to round out BTS2 as it stands right now is a copy of Heroes Unlimited (for the equipment and a little bit of extra setting) and Monsters & Animals for some beasties. As I read it, it also gave me the somewhat gritty feel of TMNT&OS, which I think it would work well with too.
I'd recommend BTS1 myself. It isn't widely available anymore, but it's still worth it.

Get the first edition of BTS1.

Ok, I'll grab a copy. There are quite a few available online, and I know my local Half Price Books has a copy of Boxed Nightmares right now.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin

Unread post by Guest »

J. Lionheart wrote:Ok, I'll grab a copy. There are quite a few available online, and I know my local Half Price Books has a copy of Boxed Nightmares right now.

Boxed Nightmares rocked.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”