PBeM groups? I'm looking!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

I don't know if the GM is looking for more players, but you can check out the Rifts game thats just getting rolling on this site.

http://www.plothook.net/RPG/

Contact the GM, Worst he can do is say no...

Edit: BTW, this thread more properly belongs in the Gamers looking for gamers section. (where I'm sure it'll end up before too long.) :)
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

One suggestion for PBeM combat is to have the players give you a planned set of actions for the whole melee. It doesnt' have to be real specific, just the order of their targets, what weapon, and if they're trying anything special. The just let the GM play out a melee at a time.

Of course, this requires the players to trust the GM a bit more than normal, but it can dramatically speed up the process.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Like Snippersly said combat can be slow in a PBeM, on the other hand if the action gets intense to really draw the players in the GM can find himself overworked. Mack offers a great suggestion to remedy this in either form.
Space Marine

Unread post by Space Marine »

I've got a game starting on rpol.net. It will be a PBP game if you are interested.

Return to “Rifts®”