One question I have...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

It was an experimental joint venture with Myrmadon Press, where Palladium used Myrmadon's Manhunter setting as a Rifts suppliment.
Unfortunately, Palladium and Myrmadon had some sort of falling out and so the experiment was considered a failure.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

it was printed by another company who had the Rifts licence for a short time. they had a disagreement nad the licence was canceled.

now only those printed during the first few runs exsit and palladium pretends it never happened.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
gelidus
Explorer

Unread post by gelidus »

wow :eek: only one question and you have read 25 rifts books...your my hero :D
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Myrmadon Press. actually had violated their end of the contract between themselves and Palladium.

I saw at a comic shop in the Rockford Illinois area, about 10 or so books from Myrmadon Press. I think one day I might go back there and see if they still have them.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

The Deific NMI wrote:Myrmadon Press. actually had violated their end of the contract between themselves and Palladium.

How'd they do that?

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Killer Cyborg
Priest

eric.cline wrote:
Robert wrote:Actually what I meant was that I had picked up all the RIFTS books but the last one that I purchased was RIFTS Worldbook 25:China 1 I have ALL the Conversion books, All the Sourcebooks, Mutants in orbit, A few Heroes unlimited books, ninja's and superspies, Palladium Dragons and gods, the old one and The Dimension books 1-6... Still though I'm considering selling them all off...

Don't sell them off, start a 'Rent-A-Rift' service; like what they're doing with DVDs by mail. :D

Actually not a bad idea....

In any case, don't sell them.
I've known far too many people who sell of their collection of RPG books or Magic cards or whatever and later kick them selves for it.
If you really don't use them, put them in a box somewhere out of the way.
You'll get back into them eventually.

Or at least dole them out as birthday/christmas gifts to people you know who DO still role-play...

Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

IF you really want a hunter like that the Psyscape guide has one the Lantour or whatever it is called....
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
LDMcFear™
Explorer

Unread post by LDMcFear™ »

Rifts: Manhunter was a licensed product done by Myrmidon Press, a bunch of people associated with Kevin Long. Myrmidon had, by this point, their own Manhunter RPG in print. Rifts: Manhunter was a treatment of that setting as a licensed "Dimension Book" (in all but name) for Rifts, centering on a storyline that some rifts had opened on the edge of known space in that universe, that led to Rifts Earth, Phase World, etc., and the idea that some of the (relatively low tech) denizens of the Manhunter universe would try to explore/exploit the rifts.

The Manhunter universe gets its name from the Manhunter bots - things reminiscent of crosses between Terminators and various Marvel (particularly their UK branch) robots, which were created by a race of aliens to exterminate humanity, as humans were considered initially to be a threat to the rest of space society. After actually confronting the humans (and realizing that they were making themselves what they thought the humans to be, by trying to exterminate them), the aliens called off the war. Unfortunately, the robots rebelled, and considered this betrayal to mean that their creators were no better than the humans, and turned on them as well. The Manhunters were stopped, but not wiped out, and they still plot their revenge, using their artificial intelligence to develop more sophisticated models, working toward the destruction of their twin enemies.

Several other races are defined, including one that has an adaptive DNA feature that allows them to break the Palladium rule against cross-breeds - and from physical appearance seems to be inspired by the skunk-like race that the girlfriend of Corsair (of Marvel's Starjammers) is from.

In all, it's a dark, gritty universe that could be fun to play in. However, Myrmidon broke part of its contract with Palladium (the extent of which remains undisclosed for legal reasons), and the crossover died at one book, with Palladium gaining the remainder of the Rifts: Manhunter stock not already shipped to distributors. Since then, the only way to get a copy is to find one used, or tucked away in a forgotten corner of a game store, though a few of the remaining unshipped books were given out as part of the first two (1997 & 1998) Xmas Specials.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

LDMcFear™ wrote:Rifts: Manhunter was a licensed product done by Myrmidon Press, a bunch of people associated with Kevin Long. Myrmidon had, by this point, their own Manhunter RPG in print. Rifts: Manhunter was a treatment of that setting as a licensed "Dimension Book" (in all but name) for Rifts, centering on a storyline that some rifts had opened on the edge of known space in that universe, that led to Rifts Earth, Phase World, etc., and the idea that some of the (relatively low tech) denizens of the Manhunter universe would try to explore/exploit the rifts.

The Manhunter universe gets its name from the Manhunter bots - things reminiscent of crosses between Terminators and various Marvel (particularly their UK branch) robots, which were created by a race of aliens to exterminate humanity, as humans were considered initially to be a threat to the rest of space society. After actually confronting the humans (and realizing that they were making themselves what they thought the humans to be, by trying to exterminate them), the aliens called off the war. Unfortunately, the robots rebelled, and considered this betrayal to mean that their creators were no better than the humans, and turned on them as well. The Manhunters were stopped, but not wiped out, and they still plot their revenge, using their artificial intelligence to develop more sophisticated models, working toward the destruction of their twin enemies.

Several other races are defined, including one that has an adaptive DNA feature that allows them to break the Palladium rule against cross-breeds - and from physical appearance seems to be inspired by the skunk-like race that the girlfriend of Corsair (of Marvel's Starjammers) is from.

In all, it's a dark, gritty universe that could be fun to play in. However, Myrmidon broke part of its contract with Palladium (the extent of which remains undisclosed for legal reasons), and the crossover died at one book, with Palladium gaining the remainder of the Rifts: Manhunter stock not already shipped to distributors. Since then, the only way to get a copy is to find one used, or tucked away in a forgotten corner of a game store, though a few of the remaining unshipped books were given out as part of the first two (1997 & 1998) Xmas Specials.

Thought it was class sorry :oops:
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.

Return to “Rifts®”