Favorite Enemy/villian in North America

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Who's your favorite Enemy in NA?

The CS
42%
FOM
26%
Tolkeen
No votes
Lazlo
No votes
The Xiticix
26%
The Pecos Empire
6%

Total votes: 31

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Well I ran a CS game for years in Lone Star, so Pecos Bandits for me.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Favorite Enemy/villian in North America

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Aequitas wrote:So who's the favorite adversary in North America

The Xiticix.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

You forgot Archie. He would be my favorite...but NOOOO you had to leave him off.
:fool:
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

another one for the glorified toaster who masquerades as giant wizard of OZ Prop :)

Arch Rules. 8)
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

That’s a though call. I think Archie III would be first, but the Mechanoids would be a close second. Third would go to marauding forces from Atlantis.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Erin Tarn 8-)
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

The CS...

They ARE Rifts version of Nazis after all, and who doesnt love to hate them as villians? Think of how many movies hollywood has made with them as villians. Where would Indiana Jones be without the Nazis? They are just the perfect bad guys. Cool uniforms, nasty sounding language, genocidal maniacs and way cool tech...whats not to like about them as villians? :lol:
Rex
Wanderer
Comment: I'm back, I guess

Unread post by Rex »

I went with the FoM. Dunscan has the evil thing down pat. Prosek could just be misunderstood. But Big D is just evil through and through.
Rex, you are one helluva guy.
-Geronimo
never trust a man's post count... that's only an indication of his ability to write a lot of stuff - Svartalf
GP:5D6+502
Scooter the Outlaw
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Scooter the Outlaw »

I like to shoot up bandits, to be honest. Nobody cares if you grease some general low-lives... but if we have to talk big villians, my choice would have to be the Federation of Magic. They're evil, they use magic spells that make them tough enemies, and they're just generally jerks! I never feel bad killing members of the True Federation.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

None of the Above. My Vote is for Sploogie Slaver Squads who keep raiding the N.A. Coastline! I like to free the enslaved and aid the oppressed! Besides, the Sploogie Slaver is Supernatural Evil! It deserves to be hunted down by the PC's. That and our TW is getting quite the collection of Power and Pacification Staves.
:ok: :quiet: :rolleyes: :twisted: :shock:
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Aequitas wrote:Erin Tarn should've been up there, but seriously she's got to be some kinda Godling or something, if she's a big CS enemy how has she not been capped by a headhunter or CS Ranger in disguise?

Ya her pic is posted everywere but still her can gets save by CS grunts, Imagine being the poor b#!tard that has to fill out that action report. "So sgt so-and so what was this ammo expended?" A happy soldier say "we saved an old lady and her native american campion from a bunch monsters." The capt. looks over at a wanted poster on the wall and say's " could you decribe said old lady" sgt is no longer looks happy.
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Maybe the CS HAS killed Erin Tarn before, lets not forget people that one of her best friends is an Ancient Greathorned Dragon! If anyone would know the Restore Life spell it would be him :)

Then again maybe there is no Erin Tarn :shock: What if Erin Tarn is really Plato in disguise? He just created her persona to inspire hope and the sense of adventure in the humans of rifts earth?

Or maybe she HAS been killed and plato keeps people believing that she is still alive by assuming her form. Think about it, have any of you ever seen the two of them in the same place at the same time? :-? :shock:

Or maybe there never was ONE Erin Tarn but many. Maybe the original died a long time ago and others just take up her work and her name. Honoring the fallen camrade and all that.

Just some ideas to throw out there.
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Toc Rat wrote:Maybe the original died a long time ago and others just take up her work and her name. Honoring the fallen camrade and all that.

So you're saying she's kind of like 'Ace Rimmer'? Whenever she's about to really die for good, she gets away and finds some old boiler that's very similar to her, but craving adventure, and so she says.. 'luv, it's all up to you'. The old biddy says 'allright, dearie' and helps dispose of the body (if you believe the movies, old ladies are good at this), and goes on to take on the name and persona. It's a good reason why the CS keeps missing her. It's THORPE they should look for. He's unchanging, and he holds all the personal history for Tarn. Then again, Thorpe could be a robot that is programmed with all the history of Erin Tarn, and programmed as a 'seeker' to find the next Tarn after the current incarnation carks it...

Warrior_Monk wrote:OF course! Just like wag the dog!, they create a fake "war" between erin tarn and the CS! well maybe....

Yeah, and they even find a songwriter called 'Johnny something' to sing the coalition anthem (who looks surprisingly like Willie Nelson. As they manufacture a war with Tolkeen THAT NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED, it's all a blind to draw attention away from a scandal involving Emperor Prosek and a visiting female aide from the Colombian embassy. For an attempted popularity vote, the line 'you don't change horses in mid-stream' is used throughout..... OMG.. This has got to be one of my favourite films of all time, and someone brings it up on this thread! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

I voted for the FoM simply because they have the most potential to raise all sorts of havoc throughout the Domain of Man, harming both CS and all others alike. They and their plots and machinations make for some good adventures.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Dead Boy wrote:I voted for the FoM simply because they have the most potential to raise all sorts of havoc throughout the Domain of Man, harming both CS and all others alike. They and their plots and machinations make for some good adventures.

Um...sure. I thought it was pretty obvious that your favorite villian was the Coalition there Dead Boy :-?

I'm not saying the FoM cant cause some damage, if they ever got their act together but the lack style. The CS has style, if nothing else give them that. KS said they are modeled after WWII Nazis. In game Emperor Prosek said he modeled his empire after Hitler's. Thats in the Rifts core book for crying out loud. They are a staple of the Rifts game, right along with Glitterboys.

I'm not gona say I dont believe you that the FoM is your favorite villian but your name is Dead Boy, me thinks that says something about your favorite aspect of the game.

Return to “Rifts®”