RL Lazlo-types.

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

RL Lazlo-types.

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Anyone ever hear of the show "Coast to Coast AM" Fist hosted by Art Bell, now by George Noory? http://www.coasttocoastam.com A show that specializes in the paranormal. The Halloween "Ghost to Ghost" episodes often have to be heard to be beleived. And in general, the site is a great place to bounce BTS ideas off of.
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

I listen to that show every night. It's great. I love the "Broadcasting from somewhere in the desert" line.
:fool:
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Actually, Art Bell always came off to me as not slick enough. That he has no BS meter himself! I've heard calls where teh caller was going into some theory or whatever experience that was directly out of some cheesy movie I'd seen.
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
Jesterzzn
Champion

bar1scorpio wrote:Actually, Art Bell always came off to me as not slick enough. That he has no BS meter himself! I've heard calls where teh caller was going into some theory or whatever experience that was directly out of some cheesy movie I'd seen.

That to me is half the fun. is the caller a wack job, or some moron making it up.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Whether you believe him or not, he's never boring and certainly a font of ideas for this game.
Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

Dudes (Dudettes)...

Art Bell and George Noory of COAST TO COAST AM fame are great. I've heard them for YEARS. Great topics for BTS. Everything from Chupacabra to Werewolves to Bigfoot. From secret societies to Nic Tesla and his mysterious demise. UFOs to Loch Ness. Use it.

Great games have some hinge of truth behind them.
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Jesterzzn
Champion

Gallahan wrote:Dudes (Dudettes)...

Art Bell and George Noory of COAST TO COAST AM fame are great. I've heard them for YEARS. Great topics for BTS. Everything from Chupacabra to Werewolves to Bigfoot. From secret societies to Nic Tesla and his mysterious demise. UFOs to Loch Ness. Use it.

Great games have some hinge of truth behind them.

:!:

Tape an episode, then play an portion of the show in your adventure intro. THAT would bring the game to life for the characters.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”