Best defence aganist Undead

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

You mistyped your first link. It should be;
http://www.fvza.org/vdefense2.html
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Sweet!

I just wish I knew all that last Saturday.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

Go to your local bookstore or Amazon.com and take a look at:

The Zombie Survival Guide : Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks (Three Rivers Press; 2003)

includes the following:
"Top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack
1. Organize before they rise!
2. They feel no fear, why should you?
3. Use your head: cut off theirs.
4. Blades don’t need reloading.
5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it.
7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
9. No place is safe, only safer.
10. The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on. "

It has everything you need to know about combatting and protecting yourself from the undead (and will give you some good ideas for running a zombie-based scenario or campaign as well).

pax
Ø
Gallahan
Adventurer

Zombies!

Unread post by Gallahan »

Ever hear of the game called "Zombies!" I highly recommend it. There are several sequels to it (expansions) and then "Zombies 4: The Final Cut." --or something like that. I don't have that one, but the original game is a blast. We play with the glow in the dark zombies for added effect. That and some fun, spooky music. The game is a riot.

Another, spookier, thing about zombies: If you've ever watched the horror series from the 1970's that inspired Chris Carter's "The X-Files" by the name of "Kolchak: The Night Stalker," you might remember one episode entitled "The Zombie." This was freaky and spooky! The show had merits beyond the horror element, which really makes it a fun watch, but this particular episode involves newspaper reporter Carl Kolchak searching, at night, through a car graveyard. That by itself was EERIE. Then, he discovers the hearse with the zombie (asleep/inactive) in the back. To destroy the magic that animated it, he must light several candles around the corpse, pour sea salt into its mouth and then sow it shut with a special thread. Poor Carl... It's all he can do not to run. He's sweating as he pours the salt into the corpse's mouth, and you can see the dismay in his face, like he's thinking: What the heck am I doing here?" He begins to sew the mouth shut. Meanwhile, during this entire process, the scene cuts back to a chanting witch lady, who is bringing it back to life. Just as Carl is almost finished, IT AWAKENS. That is one of the best, most horrific sequences I've seen. Classic.

You might want to check out both the game and the series, which still shows periodically on Sci-Fi Channel. I'm sure Amazon has it, as well; definitely Ebay.

Chai
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:Best Defense:

RUN

One addendum.

Run faster than your slowest companion.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Is that a survival guide for real life zombies, or game zombies. Because in real life zombies are different (but you guys probably knew that already).
:fool:
Gallahan
Adventurer

I've heard that real zombies prefer jazz music versus traditional music of any other type because the improvisational and sometimes meandering nature of the music keeps enthralled in a corporeal-meets-non-corporeal way. Either way, Beale Street in Memphis, Tennessee if a great place to see some dark eyed zombies eating traditional BBQ, sucking down suds and listening to noveau jazz bands imitate the greats like B.B. King and Jean Luc Ponte. They tend to *stiff* the waiters and waitresses, though. Okay, baaaaaad pun, but I couldn't resist beating that *dead* horse.

Chai

:lol:
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Gallahan wrote:I've heard that real zombies prefer jazz music versus traditional music of any other type because the improvisational and sometimes meandering nature of the music keeps enthralled in a corporeal-meets-non-corporeal way. Either way, Beale Street in Memphis, Tennessee if a great place to see some dark eyed zombies eating traditional BBQ, sucking down suds and listening to noveau jazz bands imitate the greats like B.B. King and Jean Luc Ponte. They tend to *stiff* the waiters and waitresses, though. Okay, baaaaaad pun, but I couldn't resist beating that *dead* horse.

Chai

:lol:

I grew up in Memphis and have been to Beale more times than I can remember. Never have I had a better time then when we got in fights with zombies.
:fool:
Gallahan
Adventurer

Don't get into a debate with zombies because in the end it tends to get *mindless.* :lol:

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”