HLS for Splicers: adventures/adventure ideas you're using?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

HLS for Splicers: adventures/adventure ideas you're using?

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

I'm curious what types of adventures and adventure ideas are being used for Splicers?

I thought it might be cool to collect a bunch of HLS style ideas for GMs that are struggling with Writer's Block.

Here's a few I've come up with/played through:

1. "Raid the Retro-Village!!" Its time for a recruitment drive in a nearby Retro Village. Security has been strangely lax as of late, so its a perfect time to try to rescue a few people. But, is the security as lax as it seems?

2. "Wanted: The Saints" An up and coming Great House has been wiped out and most of its participants slaughtered. However, a couple of Saints and a small band of survivors has managed to escape (mostly civilians, but might include a Dreadguard or two) and are currently hiding in a Nature Preserve. The Machine desperately wants to capture the Saints for interrogation/experimentation and has posted its robots around the Preserve (however, due to Gaia, they will not enter). The Saints (and, to a lesser degree, the Dreadguard) are too valuable to lose. Can the PCs sneak in and guide the survivors out?

3. "Little Lost Machine" A Dominator (or Tower or similar powerful machine) has survived a vicious fight, but has been cut off from reinforcements. What a nice, juicy targer.
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

I've posted about 10 adventures throughout the forums.

If you want to look for them yourself, they are usually the last posting listed under Waste Crawlers, Deliveryman (second posting in this case), and Kraken Adventure Ideas.

viewtopic.php?t=32671

viewtopic.php?t=33725&start=15

viewtopic.php?t=32282
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Thanks Slappy. On an unrelated note, your stuff is awesome! I'm anxiously awaiting the new Rifter to see the War Mounts are yours.

Anyone else with ideas/adventures they want to share? Are Slappy and I the only people GM'ing? :-(
Fellfrosch

Unread post by Fellfrosch »

I'm working on an adventure right now about a Technojacker who somehow managed to connect to a satellite network, and accessed real-time maps of the planet, including robot troop movements, before the Machine found the link and killed the Technojacker by triggering the nanobots remotely. The Technojacker's assistant has a plan to reestablish the link in a way that won't alert the Machine, and the players have to help her find the parts she needs while protecting her from robot hunter squads and rival Great Houses who want the staellite link for themselves. I'm going to post it on my site if I ever get the whole thing written; I'll drop a link if/when I do.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

That sounds awesome!! If you need any help, let me know.
Fellfrosch

Unread post by Fellfrosch »

Well, Wookie_Wonka, I'm coming to the same realization I come to every time I design an adventure: I suck at balancing difficulty for villains and encounters. I can never tell how many bad guys to use for a fight, or what level they should be, or stuff like that. Would you be interested in helping me develop some baddies for this adventure?
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Back from vacation! If you still some help with your scenarios, send me a personal message and we'll get started.

Return to “Splicers®”