Too much?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Just because there are a ton of monsters, doesn't mean you need to use them all.
I tend to pick and choose the supernatural beasties that I like and ignore the rest.
I feel that the game should offer a wide variety of menaces for players to contend with, and the GM should have choices, but still not feel as though he's managing a zoo of the supernatural.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Well the Lazlo Forums are basically the group of people who "know" that there are monsters out there. As a result there would be a pretty heavy of posts about monsters.

Many of the posts are about possible leads however, and most of those also have perfectly rational explanations. Heck a lot are real life news stories (ie the mutilated eagles in Canada, large cat sightings in Britain, strange fires in Indonesia, giant wild hogs in America . . .).

Much of what is there is (and as it should be) ideas that a GM can take and turn into an adventure if they want.

A lot of it is also people posting their short fiction (ie Ron Caliburn's My Night or Easter in Las Vegas posts in War Stories) or information about what is happening in their campaigns.

It is monster heavy, but hey, the posters represent the people who spend their lives finding the monsters.

If you want to make it less monster heavy, post stuff that is more the style you want. If it goes over well, a few others might start doing similar.

Also, read any posts by Debunker or Nicksmind, they both play very credible skeptics. they might come off as arrogant and anoying, but they are great posts.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Also, read any posts by Debunker or Nicksmind, they both play very credible skeptics. they might come off as arrogant and anoying, but they are great posts.

and they kindly stopped starting flamewars on other posts.

nice guys.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

I love all the monsters.
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Gallahan
Adventurer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ---- WHAT? :)
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Jefffar wrote:...Also, read any posts by Debunker or Nicksmind, they both play very credible skeptics. they might come off as arrogant and anoying, but they are great posts.
Dont forget those occasional posts by the wierdo fanatic "A. Pendragon". That guy is really missing a few cards out of his deck if you know what I mean! ;)
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Gallahan
Adventurer

Yeah. Missing cards. Royal Flush. DLdldldldldDl.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

The Deific NMI wrote:
Jefffar wrote:...Also, read any posts by Debunker or Nicksmind, they both play very credible skeptics. they might come off as arrogant and anoying, but they are great posts.
Dont forget those occasional posts by the wierdo fanatic "A. Pendragon". That guy is really missing a few cards out of his deck if you know what I mean! ;)

I had to visit A.Pendragons website to get the joke. :oops:
:fool:

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”