Default Skills and Requirements

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Re: Default Skills and Requirements

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Zerebus wrote:This is actually a useful list. I think you will find, however, that some OCCs break the rules on purpose by virtue of the writer's perogative, ie the OCC comes with just enough knowledge of the prereqs in order to have a given skill and nothing more, so you don't actually get the prereq skill without selecting it later.

Those OCCs drive me nuts. :x :? :-x
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Well in the case of Surveillance Systems. If you don’t have Electronics, Electrical Engineer or Computer Operation you can still use the tailing aspect of the skill.
My characters do that all the time.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Dr. Doom III wrote:Well in the case of Surveillance Systems. If you don’t have Electronics, Electrical Engineer or Computer Operation you can still use the tailing aspect of the skill.
My characters do that all the time.

Actually I've always played it that "surveillance systems" is almost more "security systems", ie. it's more used to break through all security systems not just through the surveillance. That's why it's given to crazies, bounty hunters etc. Really "electronic engineering" should be this skill, but if there is a "surveillance systems" skill there should really be a "security systems" skill as well. I just give those OCC's basic electronics and a limited understanding of high tech systems strictly as it applies to security and surveillance. By giving the OCC a skill without the pre-requistite I assume they do not have a full understanding of the pre-requisite, only enough to understand that skill.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".

Return to “Rifts®”