Triceriton Incursions

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

No official revisions have been published, and with Palladium's loss of the TMNT license, any such postings on the internet would be considered illegal conversions.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Well, I don't see any real need for conversions anyway... just use them as is.
Triceratons rule.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:No official revisions have been published, and with Palladium's loss of the TMNT license, any such postings on the internet would be considered illegal conversions.

Actually, that Tinker should have said, any "official" conversion posted by Palladium would be considered an illegal violation of trademark. That shouldn't mean that players/fans can't post an updated Triceraton template. [Correct me if I'm wrong...]

I used the Triceraton's and TCRI in a Mutant's Down Under campain years ago, and I agree with Killer Cyborg, Tric's Rule!
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

I use a rogue Triceraton force that crash lands on AtB earth as another power to throw into the mix on North America.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Rali wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:No official revisions have been published, and with Palladium's loss of the TMNT license, any such postings on the internet would be considered illegal conversions.

Actually, that Tinker should have said, any "official" conversion posted by Palladium would be considered an illegal violation of trademark. That shouldn't mean that players/fans can't post an updated Triceraton template. [Correct me if I'm wrong...]

I used the Triceraton's and TCRI in a Mutant's Down Under campain years ago, and I agree with Killer Cyborg, Tric's Rule!

You're wrong.

PB has to prevent ANY conversions from being posted on it's forums. It's a legal thing. read the rules of the boards.

many a thread has been locked for violating this rule...
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Killer Cyborg wrote:Well, I don't see any real need for conversions anyway... just use them as is.
Triceratons rule.

KC is right, they shoudn't need any updating. the rules haven't changed much since they were written up.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
60 DaDa points.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Kalinda wrote:PB has to prevent ANY conversions from being posted on it's forums. It's a legal thing. read the rules of the boards.

How about if we posted it on our own fan sites?

I don't know how many Jedi conversions for Rifts I've seen posted on fan sites over the years.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Rali wrote:
Kalinda wrote:PB has to prevent ANY conversions from being posted on it's forums. It's a legal thing. read the rules of the boards.

How about if we posted it on our own fan sites?

I don't know how many Jedi conversions for Rifts I've seen posted on fan sites over the years.

As far as I know, what you do on your own site is between you and the holders of the copyrights, PB is only responsible for policing their own boards.
60 DaDa points.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I thought I had posted this idea here before, but I don't see it. Anyway, I would reccommend you take a nod from the Toogarth & add one random Minor or one lesser Psionic power (Healing, Sensitive or Physical) to your Triceratons, inaddition to the TMNT-class Adapt to Environment power.
Just to mix it up a bit. ;)
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

BookWyrm wrote:I thought I had posted this idea here before, but I don't see it. Anyway, I would reccommend you take a nod from the Toogarth & add one random Minor or one lesser Psionic power (Healing, Sensitive or Physical) to your Triceratons, inaddition to the TMNT-class Adapt to Environment power.
Just to mix it up a bit. ;)

Nah, I wouldn't do it.
If anything, I might give the entire race a specific power (like Superhuman Strength, or Extraordinary PE).
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”